Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 04:59 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Ahem Hump Day ;)

Hey girls just popping in briefly before i go back to study I have been up since 5:40 am Why? Stress i think and an out of whack bod dunno w hats going on with me i'm hoping its stress
My glucophage has been sending me into a binge so i stopped it for a while and well i'm retaining enough water to irrigate ethiopia
also on a scary note v. scary if you ask me
my hands have been swelling lately which according to my sisters doc is a sign of morbid obesity ahhh 2 words every girl dreams of hearing anyway this morning they weren't asleep, but they were numbish its really creeping me out and its been happening if i held something for too long or something like that but never just from doing nothing
so today its strickly fruit and veg for me and water
maybe some tuna with ww mayo when i get home either for lunch or dinner but I'm freaking out soooo comments would be welcome or a possible other forum that i could ask about
THanks Girls
Have a great OP day Sorry bout the *****fest
btw did u check otu the new format of the site we are moving up in the world!
Love
Kier
Old 04-24-2002, 09:39 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning

Just stopping in for a quickie on Hump Day. Hehe. (Perverts!!)

WI was last night, sigh... Up .2. I know it's not enough to be concerned about, but it's still a little bit depressing. Next week will be better, I hope.

This is totally gross, but I'm still burping pizza from last night. My BF and I got a take and bake pizza from Papa Murphy's and each ate 4 pieces of it. That means I ate an entire 1/2 a pizza. I felt SO ill last night. I had to sleep on my back so I wouldn't put any pressure on my belly. That is just plain sad and kind of gross...

Kierie--You've been keeping wierd hours lately, the weather is changing, and with wierd hours often comes wierd diets. What you described sounds exactly like what a girl here at work (who's only 110 lbs) is going through. She started eating more salt lately and is having the same things happen that your are. Also, I don't know if you've ever had it happen, but it used to happen to me a lot that I'd go walking in the summertime when it was hot and humid and my fingers would get so puffy I couldn't hardly bend them and they felt a little bit numb. Plus, if you're retaining water, that could be what's causing it. Honestly, unless it gets worse, I don't think I'd even worry about it until after things get a little calmer for you. But I'm not a medical professional, so I probably shouldn't be giving advice.

OK, I gotta get some stuff done... I'll check in later.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:56 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Default hello

I'm new to this board, and a little bit of a lurker

I'll try and post and avoid lurking now that I've come out and said it I'm 22 years old, and not on WW, but I've been counting my calories on fitday. Still in college (for two more weeks!) and trying to lose a bunch of weight. I've lost 25 pounds so far, I'd like to lose about 75 more (that sounds like a lot when I write it). I think that this board will be a good way for me to stay accountable to people and keep going!
Old 04-24-2002, 09:57 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Happy Hump Day!

Too bad I have no one to hump...

Just stopping by really quickly to say hi to Kier and Jess, and everyone else lurking but not posting!!

Kier - I agree with Jess about your schedule being all out of whack, which could be leading to the weird hand thing. I have a friend in law school and working, and she gets numb hands all the time. Her doctor told her it is stress. You should see a doctor if you're concerned, but try not to worry too much. You have plenty of other things to worry about, I'm sure!

Jess - When I pig out like that (and I do!) I try to remember how guilty and gross I feel after doing it to prevent doing it again anytime soon. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does... Hang in there.

I'll be back in a while...
Old 04-24-2002, 09:59 AM   #5  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry Welcome Angie!!

I'm in Illinois too (Chicago)!! Where do you go to school?
Old 04-24-2002, 10:00 AM   #6  

Angry

Kier ~ I agree with Jess, maybe your salt is elevated? Have you been eating salty items or even soda? I know that is what does it for me, and yes, when my salt is up, I get puffy too. Keep an eye on your hands, if they become numb or really swollen, get to the doctor!! I have a hard time believing they are because you are "morbidly obese". It is tough eating healthy in college, especially at exam time, do you best. We are here for ya! We love you Kier!!!

Jess ~ Pizza is my toughest food to not overeat on. Chalk it up to experience, and do better today and the rest of the week. I hate it when I overeat, feel miserable, then ask myself why did I do that just to feel lousy? Makes no sense!!! Hang in there, you are doing great!!!

I hope everyone posts lots today, I am finally done teaching my 16 hours of database concepts, and could use some relaxation and chatting.

It is about to rain here today, we are suppose to have storms this morning and then cloudy skies the rest of the day, not good. I am so ready for some sunshine again, and I don't think that is going to happen for us til next week. Oh midwest weather....we get it all.....next week it will probably snow.....or be 95 degrees.....

Oh most importantly! I lost 2 pounds this week!!! I have 7 more to go to hit my personal goal. I am excited. Here are the true 3 keys to weight loss:

1. journal and stay within your points range.

2. drink water!!! at least 64 oz a day!!

3. get some form of exercise at least 3 days a week!!

That is all that I am doing, and the pounds are melting off!! I started back with motivation three weeks ago, and have already lost 5 pounds. It feel so good to be back in control....

Well, better look busy, bbl.......
Old 04-24-2002, 10:27 AM   #7  

Morning girls,

Is it true that you burn more calories when your body is trying to stay warm? If so, then I should definitely be losing wieght, because it is *no joke* about 65 degrees in my cube with a blast of cold air blowing on me from overhead. This place is ridiculous. I am wearing a suit with a wool coat over it and I wish I had my gloves. It is probably warmer outside then it is in here.

Anyway, I am doing ok today so far - I made the mistake of bringing in a half-bag of pretzels from home today, so of course I've been snacking on them this morning. I am SO not good with just eating a serving when the whole bag is there. I'm the type that needs to separate big bags into little serving sizes as soon as I open them. Now why didn't I do that.... I ended up eating over points/calories last night for no good reason. Just a couple of little things that add up - like 2 fudge pops instead of one, a couple bites of sugar-free non-fat pudding, an extra piece of bread. There ya go, 300 calories more than planned

Jen - I think I had the worst run in a really long time last night, and it was only supposed to be 20 mins! Maybe it was allergies or something because I was running on a wooded trail and my eyes were totally watering - which I can handle - but I also felt like I was having acid reflux or something. Has this ever happened to you? It was a first for me. Once I got home I felt fine. Strange. As far as my cruise, I think we're going to St. Maarten, St. John and then one of the boat's private islands. As long as there is hot sun and nice beaches, I'll be happy

Jess - pizza is my favorite food too! I can't even tell you how many times I've felt like you did last night.

Angie - welcome, I'm new here myself

Tonya - you are doing so well making it to your goal - and your steps are so simple....there's really no reason I shouldn't be able to follow them

Just out of curiosity, what is the point range for 158 lbs?
Old 04-24-2002, 10:54 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Angry

Thanks for all the welcomes! I go to school at Eastern Illinois University... way down south to all of those people that live in Chicago

Now I really better go to class! It's the last week of actual class, next week is finals, so I'm having a really hard time making myself go! What I really need to do is find a job though... But I'm not going to stress out about that right now, I'll have plenty of time to stress when school is done.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:13 AM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Angie...

I went to U of I (from 91-95 - WOW, I sound old!!) so I spent many weekends at Eastern visiting friends. Good luck with finals and with the job search!
Old 04-24-2002, 11:34 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Kier - have you tried drinking copious amounts of water? I know you said that you're retaining water but I've sometimes found that if I flood myself with water (say drinking 1 oz per pound) it helps alot. From what I remember of exams, my body was always off those weeks because my schedule was off. I wouldn't worry too much unless it contains on for much longer.

Tonya - Congratulations on the 2lbs. It is so encouraging to hear how well you're doing towards your spring fling goal.

Hey Lexxy - Don't ya just love corporate cubeland? Last week it was 80 degrees outside and was still wearing a blanket over my lap in my cube.

Welcome Angie - I'm new myself.

I had the greatest work-out this morning - this week I've bumped myself up from walking 15 minute miles to 5 minute intervals of walking and then jogging. Plus I managed to get both my UBWO and LBWO in. And to top it off I even managed a trip to the cancer bed (must tan - evil bridesmaids dress to wear in 3 weeks). All this before week. I'm feeling extremely efficient.

Winter
Old 04-24-2002, 12:17 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks for the input ! I think its the stress my wacked out meal times and the influx of diet coke
Also and this is going to sound so strange I think i got a bag of bad pears b/c for the last 3 days i have been sick and i was trying to figure out why
this AM I just had a pear and lets just say it wasnt pretty!
anyway ahem I havent been as OP as i hoped but i think I can clean up the damage
I ate about 170 mgs of carrot sticks while i was outside studying and indeed burning I have a Sunburn in IReland! go fig then i had to run around and by the time i got to the good guaranteed hygenic sandwhich place i was ravenous so i had a chicken tikka with cheese wrap instead of chicken tikka w/veggies I also indulged in a lil stress induced chocolate but its ok
I really appreciate all the advice! and the support b/c theres really no one to talk about it with here I love you guys!
On the boy front on saturday Since we are both in exams we're going to take a break and play a few rounds of chess dear god he looked good today how can men be so put together sooo easily?
jess dont sweat the pizza next time you will have 2 or 3 peices and after that 1 or 2 I'm a firm believer in cutting those pizzas in half and cooking half

JenK technically i have no one to hump so you are in good company!
Tonya kick back and reelax you deserve some time to yourself after teaching
Welcome Angie!
Hey winter its a slow process for me to drink water you're kickin butt on your workout!
lexxy stay warm and think of the cruise!
Back to work for me!
Love Kier
Old 04-24-2002, 12:31 PM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Just taking a break from packing & thought I'd pop in. Sounds like everyone is usper busy. I had pizza last night too & still feel like crap today. I did so goo yesterday until we had the pizza for supper. Oh well today is a new day thank goodness. Anyway I should get back to work. Welcome to another lurker who outed herself! Great to have you! Talk to you all alter hopefully....

-Rina
Old 04-24-2002, 01:38 PM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

I'm so excited. Just came from WI and am down 5.3 lb's. Yipee!
Old 04-24-2002, 02:49 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi girlies!

I seem to be MIA a lot lately! I was out of town and didn't really get near the computer. I like to be away from it sometimes! I was at a journalism fellowship at West Virginia University last Wednesday through Friday, then drove up to Connecticut for my best friend's surprise 30th b'day party. I had a few comp days so I took Monday and Tuesday off. Now I'm back at work.

Hi to the newbies! Welcome! Lexxy, I'm in Virginia, too, but in Roanoke ... hours away. What do you do up there?

Foodwise, things have been awful lately. I feel awful, and I know it's because I'm eating crap. Plus, I've had a stomach bug since Saturday night and let's just say ... ahem ... food isn't staying in my stomach very long. Here's an interesting (and kinda sick, but Jess already talked about burping pizza!) question: When you have diarrhea, does the fat and calories stay in your system? I bet they do, the little buggers.

Kier: Don't fret! I'd check out the salt intake, too. I'd also suggest you check with your doctor and make sure it doesn't have anything to do with nerves or carpal tunnel syndrome. Do you use the computer a lot? Maybe that has something to do with it. And by the way, I think if we really looked at the literal definition of morbid obesity, many of us would probably fit it. I bet I would, at 5 feet tall and 187 lbs. But I don't consider myself obese and never have. I think it's really only a medical term created to make those of us who have weight issues feel even worse about ourselves.

Well, I guess I better go do some work.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:35 PM   #15  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default YAY!!

See, now this is what the board is supposed to look like--lots of wonderful losers (hehe) posting all day long! I missed the board being like this, glad it's starting to pick back up!!

So, some responses!

Star--Welcome to board!! As you can tell, we're always glad to have another!! Members of this board are sort of like 0-point veggies--you ccan have as many as you want, are good for you , and you don't have to use any points to enjoy them. They're also a little like chocolate--you never get sick of them, they're wonderfully sweet, and you always want more. Goodness, I'm quite the analogy-girl today, aren't I?

Tanya--I'm so happy to hear about your new-found motivation and I really like how you've kind of "simplified" WW. You're right, ya know, it really can be that easy. So I'm going to try and just follow those three basics and hopefully be skinny before I know it.

Lexxy--I'm exactly like you with food. If I don't put it in seperate serving sizes, I'll eat it all. One night, I made these super-lean pork chops and had plans to eat one the next day for lunch and one for dinner. I ended up eating all three that very same night. (Needless to say, that was followed by a tummy-ache). And yes, I suffer from hypothermia-inducing temperatures at work, too. We all have little space heaters that we keep under our desks for our cold days. And, yes I've heard that it is true that your body burns more calories when you're trying to stay warm. Someone said that your body has to work harder to maintain your body temperature and it makes you burn more calories. True or not, I don't know...

Winter--Can you tell me exactly what constitutes a good workout? As far as I can tell, there's no such thing. No really, I didn't work out last week as a reward to myself for losing 2 lbs, but that was a mistake and I'm sort of starting to miss it... Good thing I work at the gym now and can work out while I'm getting paid for it. WAY TO GO on your loss! That is absolutely AWESOME! I'm so happy that I'm going to stick a picture of a dancing monkey right here:

And to those of you with no one to hump on Hump Day, I'm going to be alone tonight, too... I mean, I guess I have someone to hump, but not tonight... Oh, forget it.

Rina--Thanks for stopping in... I really need to start my packing for my big move, but I just don't know where to store all the boxes. See, the thing is, I get spiders really bad in spring. The building is old and not sealed very well at all, so I don't want to stack the boxes on the floor because I'm afraid the spiders will crawl in there or just that I'll move the boxes and one will crawl out or something. So, I'm stacking the boxes on my couch and it's getting full already. So I guess I'll just have to wait to move the rest of the stuff.

Kim--Amen about the obesity comment! I think you're exactly right. Maybe they have the same mentality that my WW Leader does--"Hmmm, if we say mean things about overweight people, maybe they'll get off their butts." Those sonsabi--I better stop there...

OK, I'm gonna get a little more done here...
Closed Thread