South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chick Chat

Good morning! I've been in here reading posts, and completely forgot to start today's thread!

It sounds pretty wicked outside, I can hear the rain pelting against the windows and it's pretty windy. At least it's mild, though, so I'll take it. If it was colder, we'd probably be having a blizzard!

I have some errands to run this morning, and I think we may spend the afternoon at the library. Or if we can find someone to join us, we'll go to the Moonbounce Park. I just can't face one more afternoon of playing game after game of Old Maids and Crazy Eights!

I should think about what to make for supper tonight and get that started before I leave. Hmmm, what haven't we had in a while?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage I think we are supposed to get that rain this afternoon. You should pick up some tomatillos and try that crock pot soup (okay, that probably won't help today

A normal day on tap around here. I'll be in the office all day then home on time for a quiet evening. I'm looking forward to that! So glad the weekend is almost here.

Have a good day everyone
Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! Where is everyone?!?

Cottage - ugh....sounds like a good day to stay inside next to a fire!

Me - same ole, same ole. Have a BIG pot of lentil smoked sausage soup on the stove for lunch. DD woke up at 4 am with a 101.3 fever and coughing (but she still acted so darned cute!), so I guess she'll go to work with me today (thank goodness for my ability to do that!). My work schedule is packed, so it's going to be a longggggg day.

Hope yours goes well!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

That soup sounds really good. It's nice weather where I am but Hubby is headed to Philly this morning. I went for my run--went further this time without stopping than I ever have.

I'm in Dallas.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-06-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from gloriously sunny Delta aka Mayberry North.

Nothing on the schedule today except Donna coming to clean and that's not hard to take.

Disney and I will definitely be outside most of the day. I have leaves to rake and gardening to do and she sticks near me with just a few exploration trips. We have started serious work on leash training - she pulls - and I'm doing another 15 minute walk with the Halti. I know it will work as I used it on my hound who could pull me right over. Hershey and Lucy were perfect dogs and never needed it.

I hope your day is lovely!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #6  

Morning! I have successfully completed day 1! YAY!

We, too, have rain. That means the boys will be inside most of the day. I need to come up with some art activities to keep them entertained.

Hopefully, during naptime, I will be able to go for a walk on the treadmill.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, that sounds like awful weather, Cottage! It's cloudy but due to be around 60 here. Usually our weather matches!

Yay for quiet evenings at home, Cyndi!

I have SO much respect for runners, TBG! Good for you!

Our dog pulls something fierce, Ruth. I use the gentle leader halter, but Angel hates it. I'm working with her to help her get that if she gets into it, she gets a walk. Unfortunately, DH doesn't use it (and that leads to having to yell, "Hey!" every 10 secs, so I don't see why he wants to stick with the collar...) and so she's extra resistant. What do you do for leash training? We've done obedience class and she knows how to heel, but never has done it willingly...plus she LOVES to sniff and so I'd like to get her to understand that she just can't tug us down the street.

Great work, MyThree!

Had a hectic night last night but got to bed fairly early, so that was good. I could go to yoga after doing my cardio tonight, but part of me is just really wanting a quiet evening at home with DH. He's going on a weeklong trip starting this weekend, so I'm really going to miss him!

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by beachgal; 11-06-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #8  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning everyone!
Cottage- moonbounce or library I am sure you will have a blast
Cyndi-enjoy your quiet evening!
Twynn- poor kiddo, hope she feels better! I made some of that soup yesterday for our lunches this week! yum
TBG-WTG on your run!
Ruth- Sounds like you have a beautiful day for raking leaves!
M3S-way to go on completing day 1!!! kick that treadmills butt!
Laurie-Enjoy the gym, and time with DH!

Me- well, not much. they called me to come in at 10 today for a meeting with a new product rep. Not what I wanna do- I am not responsible for any of that stuff so who knows what its about... I decided to have a glass of wine last night, and well, lets just say the bottle is all gone this morning
I can't have any apparently!!! SO, that was actually the last bottle in the house so I won't buy anymore... Hopefully that will be the end of that! hehe, of course, I will have a glass out at dinner but only during dinner and not before-or after! OK, I am rambling... better get on to work- Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Last edited by rdw1; 11-06-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls.

Wondering if any of you caught my post in the daily last night...could really use the advice...

Not much on the roster for today. Clean a little I suppose. I've just been out of energy the past few days and haven't felt like doing anything.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning. Most of the illness is gone, or at least I'm starting to feel better. I'm just left with a nasty cough and occasional drippyness from my head starting to open up. I'm lead to believe there's some sinus infection going on too, from the.... colorful evidence. I've got pressure in the right side of my face too but at least I don't have a fever anymore. Thank God!!!

Well, I need to get my behind into a HOT shower to try to open my head up some more before working by myself all day. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

zeff, going to check out your post from yesterday...and I am back, and also not much help... but I do have this I am sure someone else knows way more about kiddos than I do...

Lisa- have you tried the shower soothers? they're awesome... you just drop them in the shower and they release vapors to help the sinuses... glad youbroke your fever though- thats the worst!

Last edited by rdw1; 11-06-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #12  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all...we're almost to the weekend!

Cottage - So what did you figure for dinner. I'm sure it's in the "What's for Dinner" thread. I'll have to check it out.

Cyndi - Keep up the good work getting things accomplished today!

Twynn - That's great that your works lets you bring your kids. I hope she feels better soon.

TBG - Great job! Keep up the good work!

Ruth - I'm sure with a little training Disney will do great on the leash. Have fun being outside.

Mythreesons - Good work!!! Keep going, you can do it!

Laurie - Enjoy your time home with your DH!

Rikki - Do you get paid to go in and talk to reps??? I hope all goes well.

Zeff - I'll try to get back and read the post. I hope whatever it is, you'll figure it out!

Lisa - Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Me - Not happy with the scale this morning. I have no idea why it's reading the way it is....I did so well this week. So I'm not moving my ticker this week. Hopefully next week will be better. Got the Thanksgiving decorations up last night....feels good to have checked that off the list. I'm really looking forward to going to Colorado. According to weather.com it's supposed to be snowing by Mon. Very exciting for this California girl!!!
Looking forward to Survivor tonight. With last weeks merge it'll be interesting to see how people align. Other than that it should be pretty quiet tonight.
Have a great day, ladies!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

It's almost weekend time and I can't wait.

Woke up to rain here but it has started to clear and the sun is peeking through so thats good.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I second Rikki's suggestion of shower soothers....they are so great. It's like a big cloud of Vicks vapo-rub.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Thursday morning, everyone.

Cottage: Thanks for starting us up. We haven't had rain in a while and I'm so grateful! No constant mopping! I hope you have a great day!

Cyndi: Your relaxing evening at home sounds nice. Wish I could join you! I'll have time to relax after Christmas!

TwynnB: I hope that your DD feels better soon! What a blessing that you can take her to work on days like this.

TBG: Congrats on your run! One day I'll be able to run...way to go!

Ruth: Maybe I should look into the Halti for my Toby. He pulls and pulls when we're out walking! Thanks for sharing!

mythreesons: Hope you get a great walk in during naptime and that you find lots of fun things for your boys to do!

Laurie: I say skip yoga and cuddle with DH tonight! You'll have a week without him to make up for one missed yoga class. Have a good day!

rdw: Sorry about the meeting and I hope it goes well. I hear you on the wine! We only buy a bottle when we know that we have nothing to do the next morning. Most nights we're very responsible, but every once in a while, we end up finishing it. Have a great day!

zeffryn: I did read your post, but I can't offer much being that I don't have kids. #1. Yes, you are probably a little emotional due to your pregnancy, but I know what kind of mom you are and I know that you're just being a good one by reacting the way you did. #2. Us girls are awful, especially between the ages of 1 and 65. I grew up in a house with 3 girls and no boys and I don't know how my parents handled the drama (mostly my fault ). Just know that there will be a day when they will be able to hang out in the same room and have a good time rather than your son being punished for being a boy. Either way, and enjoy your little boy today. I'm sure he doesn't remember a thing!

Lisa: I'm glad you're feeling better! Stay healthy! (I'm thinking of bribing Jason into sitting on the couch and watching A Christmas Story with me. I'm ready for our decor to be up as well! Hmmmm...now what to bribe him with? )

Heather: Ooh! Snow for Thanksgiving! How exciting! I'm not holding out much hope for us in Austin. Enjoy your day and keep doing the right thing! Your scale will show the changes soon enough!!

Gonna: Have a great day!

Me: Not much going on here. I just have a little bit of work to keep me busy today, so there will be a lot of browsing going on unless something happens! Tonight I have a load of laundry to do and have to get packed for our weekend of Christmas shopping in the "big city". We're so excited! We booked a room at a new hotel that has a full kitchen, free wireless and a big continental breakfast (with plenty of SB-friendly fare). It's going to busy with all the shopping we have to do, but it feels like a mini vacation for me!

Well, off to browse for some more crockpot/soup/stew recipes. Have a great day!

~Kimberly
Closed Thread