Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 06:33 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE - Tuesday, April 23

Just a moment to open up for the day...

C'mon in and take your shoes off...sit a spell...

BRB
Old 04-23-2002, 06:58 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down

The sun is really bright this morning or so it seems because we have so many cloudy and rainy days. Its going to be a "sunglasses type of day" for sure!

Last night I didn't go on-line--I fell asleep on the sofa right after dinner--I was icing my foot and next thing I know its 8pm and the phone is ringing...can I say I'm fully rested now?

Now to remember what I read from the other thread...

Pat, yeah I got rest last night! I can't wait for the new Subway to open near me.

Emmy, I haven't found those fudge bars yet and I've been looking! It took awhile for my area to get the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. Another thing I'm looking for are the new Giant WW ice cream sundaes. And yep, my concert tee shirt is cool!

Sharon[, you know me--I'll keep teasing my daughter about going to that concert without me for a loooooooooooooooooong time!

Joyce, yep we're going to make it this time--to goal!

Judy, only 7 more days until Sam arrives.

Every few days or so Heather emails me and tells me how many more days until I trip to New Orleans happens!

Christine, how are you feeling today?

...and that is about all I can remember...I'll go back and re-read again...

Gotta get ready for work...

Last edited by GailR; 04-23-2002 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:08 AM   #3  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Good Morning!!!

Just a quick Hello before I hop in the shower. I am guzzling my water but I am cluelaess as to what I am going to eat today....Planning...planning is key. I will make sure it is healthy and within points...How does that sound??

I know you all will be busy here today and I will check in to see about your day this evening....

Have a Great Day Everyone!!

emmy
Old 04-23-2002, 07:20 AM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

<lifting my own glass of water up in the air> ...here's to a great OP day Emmy!
Old 04-23-2002, 07:34 AM   #5  
banned

Red face *yaaaaaaawning*

Good morning PINKIES

I've already been up and out the door...and I'm still having trouble waking up this morning. I'll just sip my double-shot java latte and hope for the best.

Gail Thanks for opening up the Cafe this morning. I've got to go back and read yesterday's thread over too.
Yes! 7 days until Sam arrives... 1 week!
I'm glad you caught up on your sleep last night. Was it hard getting back to sleep after waking up on the couch?

Something I do remember from last night's posts... emmy I didn't know your hubby was from so nearby. My hubby's uncle works at GE in Salem...been there over 32 years. I'm VERY familiar with Valley View Mall, there is an Optical World location there, that's the business I work for. It's about a 45 minute drive from C'burg. I'll be making the trip to Roanoke in a week...that's the airport that Sam is flying into.
You asked about Preston... Gail knows how much I love to talk about him. My little sweetie is 19 months old as of yesterday. He's a smart little fella, starting to put sentences together already. I love to smooch on his cheeks. I'll have to put together an online photo album, easier to show him off when someone wants to see him.

Okay, I'm going to read through yesterday's posts while I sip my coffee, and I'll be back in a little bit.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:42 AM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hey wake up, Judy! Nope...I dragged myself to bed about 10pm and read for 30 minutes and then it was lights out and didn't wake up until about 5:45am and laid there waiting for the alarm to go off at 6am! Wayne says he's never seen anyone fall asleep so fast...to which I always reply that since I have a clear conscience and think such pure thoughts <stop spluttering your java, Judy> I sleep easily at night! Grandbabies...aww...love those grandbabies! Of course my little has a black eye right now! She's so cute! Great idea--on-line album just for the grandbaby--will have to look into that.

Gotta gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
Old 04-23-2002, 07:54 AM   #7  
banned

*wiping off my monitor*

Uh yeah, sure Gail... pure thoughts.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:12 AM   #8  

<Oh man what is this stuff I just stepped in.....oooooeeeey stink... >

Morning ladies.

Gail - I wish I would have gotten the sleep that you did last night. I'm with Judy ....yea right...pure thoughts. I bet Wayne just smiled sweetly and thought "nope not going to argue with her". ROFL

Emmy - I wanted to tell you that I think the same thing.....I don't want to come in here and report that I did something bad. LOL Of course you know we can do that.....we need to ask for help when we're struggling...but I know what you mean about thinking of this group helps to keep you honest. Yea we have to do this ourselves, but when we are surrounded by friends doing the same thing....it makes it easier.

HC - 7 more days! I can't believe she's finally be here soon. Is she doing better when you talk to her? It hardly seems possible that Preston will soon be 2 already.

Well let's see I've gotten 16 oz. of water in me already this morning. And my breakfast was Rice Krispies and skim milk. All on all I have a 13 point day planned. I put a roast in the crockpot and I'll make noodles to go with it when I get home. I should have time to add some carrots too. I've got to figure out some more of these crockpot meals, it makes it much much easier on me when I get home. Plus I love knowing what I'm having when I get there. Have a great OP day ladies.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:31 AM   #9  
banned

Okay, I'm gonna try to include everyone in what I can remember. Yeah sure remember, I'm gonna be flipping back and forth through the threads, we all know that.

Joyce I would give anything to have a quiet, relaxing weekend like you mentioned. Sounds like you really enjoyed it.
You asked about the turkey sausage brand. I'm not sure what brand it is now, threw the package out, but I get it at Kroger. It's a sweet Italian sausage, very lean...94% ff I believe.

Pat Sounds like you are doing so good with new outfits. I'm still afraid to do any closet shopping yet. I know darn well that there are still too many things in there that are too small. I'm going to go through some summer stuff soon though.
Wow, you're doing really well getting all that water in! Good for you...keep it up!

Christine How are you feeling today?
That ice cream sounds yummy! Anything pb is a winner with me.
Clothes on the bed and having to fold them before bedtime? Been there, done that. You know, that has to be my least favorite part of doing laundry...putting things away. It's just such a chore! I am lucky though in the sense that I only have to do mine and hubby's...everyone else does their own ('sept Preston, his mommy does his) so laundry has definitely decreased for me over the last couple of years.

Sharon Your daughter feeds something called pinkie to a lizard? *gulp* ew Dare I ask exactly what that is?
Don't work too hard today...stop by and visit the cafe for a bit.

emmy It's incredible how it's been so much easier the last couple of days have been to stay OP cuz I want to give a good report to the PINKIES as well. We WILL do this together.

Gail It looks like an online photo album would be easy to do. Maybe later on we can all get together and start one for the PFC. Our stories in pictures!
For now though I think I'm going to do one for Preston. That reminds me, I have a roll of film to take in. Teri has some recent ones that she needs to get developed too. He's sure turned into a camera ham, as soon as he sees the camera he has this big grin plastered on his face.

Okay, did I get everyone?? I think there are 7 of us PINKIES so far, isn't there? If my friend Karen ever gets her ever-shrinking butt in here, that'll be 8.

Looks like I've got to run back out before I head for work...out of milk...Preston will need some for his breakfast.

Plan for the day: Breakfast - bagel 3 pts. yogurt 2 pts. coffee w/creamer 2.
Lunch - Huge salad w/leftover chicken and raspberry dressing 4 pts.
Snacks scattered throughout the day - apple, v-8 juice, trail mix bar.
Also throughout theday -water water and more water
Supper - still thinking about it.

I'll talk to y'all later...I'd better get going! Everyone have a GREAT OP day!
Old 04-23-2002, 08:33 AM   #10  

Good Morning Pinkies

Gail Thanks for opening. Glad to hear you got a good night sleep. I was very tired last night after working. Hope Amanda's black eye goes away soon. Jeremiah fell outside the other day and has a scaped up face and knee. Thank goodness for bandages.

Emmy Good morning, sounds like you where very busy yesterday. It's nice that you planted flowers. Do you work at a nursing home?

Christine The sun is shinning are we walking??? Tomorrow is my last WI for this session. Have to have a good one. Then one week off and then the new session will start.

Judy WOW, time is flying I know in seven days your going to be a very very happy lady. Hope little Preston is doing well today. My gs loves to eat with me too. Always has to sit next to me when we go out to eat.

Good morning, rise and shine Joyce and Sharon I know you a few hours behinds us, here on the East Coast... Off to finish my oatmeal, tea and water (32 oz). At 4 pts so far.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:36 AM   #11  
banned

Christine I bumped into you on the way out...besides it took me FOREVER to post the last one.

Sounds like you have a GREAT OP day planned...keep it up girl! I should be using my crockpot a lot more too. Definitely easier to plan suppers.

Yes, Sam has been doing much better emotionally since we talk so much, and she's really looking forward to getting here. She's been looking into different programs that may be available to her through Radford college...she can apply under Canadian citizenship while also working on her visa. More paperwork in my future!

Pat

Okay...over and out.

Last edited by HippyChick; 04-23-2002 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:46 AM   #12  

Good Morning Judy, we bump in cyberspace again. I am so happy for you. I know that family is very important. Talking about family. I know no one knows that I do have a brother and sister, but we aren't talking with each other. Well for Valentine's Day, I recieved a card from my sister (she is 9 years older). I sent a card back for St. Patrick's. She sent another card for Easter, and wrote in this one. I guess it's a start, haven't seen her in 10 years, and that was only for 1 1/2 days (class reunion). She lives in MN. Ok, it's enough.. Judy I am so happy for you...
Old 04-23-2002, 08:55 AM   #13  

Judy - Yes I've got my day planned. I feel good about it too. Sounds like Sam is getting her ducks in order for when she gets here. Hope everything works out for her, I know you'd love for her to stay longer.

Pat - Yes, we can waddle...oops I mean Walk at lunch. I still feel like I have an inflated balloon in my tummy but I'll walk anyways. Maybe it'll wake me up. I want to go to sleep.

Oops, I have a meeting in 6 minutes...I better get thy butt moving now......................
Old 04-23-2002, 09:06 AM   #14  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning

By the time Sharon and I get here there's a full days worth of posts already Actually since I am at work by myself for the first 2 hours it gives me a good way to start the day - a visit with my pinkie friends.

I think it was Gail talking about how green everything is. Just the opposite here. We are having all kinds of bans on any kind of fire, even smoking outside in certain areas. REALLY dry here. Yesterday we had 2 more fires in the area. Have had a couple in our area of town. The news on the radio said our govenor is going to make some kind of declaration today about the drought.

Gail - Amanda has a black eye? Are those other kids at daycare picking on our little girl again? Pure thoughts too huh? Jade, being the oldest of this little bunch of grandbabies at 3 1/2, has finally gotten over her stage of not wanting to snuggle. It would take her about 15 minutes or more to warm up to me. Then she might come sit on my lap or something. Now she is finally back to hugs and cuddles.

Judy - Is that college close to you or back in Canada? 7 more days. I think I can feel the excitement all the way out here in CO!! How long has it been since you've seen her? And I'll have to go looking for that sausage.

Emmy - I'll have to start looking for these new desserts but it always seems like it's so long after everyone starts talking about new stuff that we finally get it here. Sometimes I think store managers think we're in the wild west and can't get stuff.

Christine - Do I remember right that you are leaving your camper trailer set up at a park this summer? I want to travel - NOW - don't want to wait for retirement. DH has now decided that he really doesn't like the travel trailers out on the market right now. And he wants to buy a couple of ATV's for us to carry. He's worried about tanks freezing and stuff like that. So he wants to get a cargo trailer and fix it up his way. I DON"T want to do that. Because I got so upset, he has promised that he will get his step dad (a carpenter) to help finish it. And I've given my demands for what I want. He actually said okay.

Good morning Pat

Well - I better do something before boss comes in -
Old 04-23-2002, 09:53 AM   #15  

Joyce - Yes we are set up for the season now. Although we pull out to go to Dover in June and Maryland in July. You know there are camper trailers that have the cargo area attached. Makes the living quarters smaller but there ok. If you "build" you're own will they put windows and everything in it. I mean a cargo trailer is solid isn't it? I'm confused about how that will work. We know what we want to get. We want a 29 - 30 ft trailer with the slide out. Queen size bed, in the slide out will be the dinette and a couch. We want the bunk set up but the bottom is a three quarters bed and the top is a bunk. We saw one it's beautiful and just want we want. Now to find the money. <sigh>

p.s. I love having a seasonal site and we are only 2 weeks into it. I'd love it even more if I didn't have to leave for ball tournaments.
Closed Thread