South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 05:56 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Tuesday's Twisted Stories...

good morning everyone! If you haven't already I did post a personal to all that posted in Monday's chat last night .

I have a busy day at work, we have four presentations for the health benefits for the new year, including introducing a new plan we will be offering. I was told in the future I'd be the one to give these presentations! On top of that I have payroll to finish up and a pre-employment physical to go too.... I think today will go by quickly as did yesterday. .

I was throwing the ball for the puppy's earlier and Cody had the smaller tennis ball in his mouth when he seen the bigger tennis ball at the end of the hall... wanting to "retrieve" both of them he pushed the bigger ball back down the hall, successfully bringing both toys back! Just took the babys for their morning walk, I swear this puppy truly does want to try to walk Jade, only Jade would pull him! he's just way too cute, but getting way too big too quickly!!!!!!!! I can't believe in the two weeks I've had him how much he's grown!

I hope all have a great day! I miss chatting throughout the day with all of you... but at least I have a job, a good one at that! I'm very much blessed with the position the Lord blessed me with!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Lori, I'm glad you are happy with your new position. Those pups of yours sure seem to be entertaining! Have a great 2nd day at work today.

I have the laundry going right now, since I never got the opportunity to do it over the weekend. I'll run over to vote as soon as it opens, then I must get some housecleaning done. The girls have the day off and are going on the Fox Hunt, so I don't have to go over there until noon. I enjoyed the Cotillion last night, it was so cute to watch 7 & 8 year olds waltzing and fox trotting around the ballroom. Some of those kids are really good!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's going to be warm (60ºF) today and the good weather will run right through to Friday.

I'm crabby this morning because I can't have coffee or any breakfast until after my 9 AM bloodwork. I wish they'd give me 6 AM appointments. I'm also scheduled for my 'flu shot so will pack a wee "lunch" to eat after the bloodwork.

This afternoon I pay a visit to my lawyer to get some changes made in my will and power of attorney. Then I can tick that off my long list. One of these days I'll get finished with the thank-you notes too and then my life will be my own.

Time to give lucky Disney her breakfast and explain to her that I'll be out a lot today.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I'm saving a cup for you Ruth!

I'm all atwitter and can't say anything without breaking the rules so I'll just leave it at Have a good day and don't forget to vote!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #5  

I started my day by getting paged at 4:20AM for a problem that had already been solved. I barely got back to sleep when the alarm went off. I'm heading in to the office today. I have to pick up an update to my security badge, get my flu shot, get the fraud paperwork notarized and then I need to get a root canal redone. And hopefully I won't get paged during any of this. I do have someone to cover for me during the root canal. I am so glad I early voted. There are only so many things I can cram in one day.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning everyone! I'm off today due to the early ballots being counted in my office, but I'm not sure what the day holds.

Lori: PTL that the new job is such a great fit for you! Cody sure is a cutie!

Cottage: Enjoy your morning off and I hope you get everything done!

Cyndi: Hi! I voted two weeks ago, so you can cross me off your "didn't vote" list! Have a great day!

Ruth: I'm wondering how your conversation with Disney will go! Enjoy getting things checked off of your list. I hope you have a great day.

Barb: Geez, lady, you have a lot going on! A root canal?! Yuck! I hope you have a good day with no pages. I'm sorry to read about your check fraud situation; what a bummer.

Me: The plans to clean the carpets have been postponed. DH is off next Tuesday, so we're going to do it then. I really have nothing on the agenda today besides getting a workout in. I'll find something to keep me busy, though. I started a new book last night, so I'm sure that will occupy part of the day!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Lori - good luck with your second day!

Cottage - the dancing sounds too adorable.

Ruth - good luck with everything today. We'll have coffee waiting for you when you get back.

Cyndi - if you only lived closer! We're having an election party tonight and would love to have you. We can simultaneously watch the same channel, I guess

Kim - good luck on getting your carpets cleaned...that was always my least favorite household activity.

Lisa - I noticed in yesterday's chat, you mentioned you were sick. Have you ever tried Shaklee's Defend and Resist? I probably sound like a salesperson...but I just really love it! Whenever we feel like we're getting sick, we take it and usually symptoms are gone within a day - even if we do end up getting an illness, it is drastically shortened. It is all-natural as well. Whenever DS and I go somewhere where a lot of kids are (playground, playgroup, gym nursery, etc.) I give us both a dose as a preemptive strike and we rarely get sick. Anyway...I don't mean to sound meddlesome....just a thought for this upcoming sick season!

-
Watching the election coverage as we get our day started. DH doesn't have to teach until late this afternoon because the high school that he moonlights at is an election station and has canceled all classes. Since he is home, I have a few tasks for him

I absolutely must get out and pick up a birthday gift for my niece...she wants miniature lotions and nailpolish and barrettes that she can put in her purse. She is turning 4. I checked Target and they didn't have a whole lot....any ideas?

Last edited by zeffryn; 11-04-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Zeff, I've never heard of that. I'll have to hit our health-food store and see if they carry it. We don't have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, just a little tiny Food Fantasies, but they carry a lot of good stuff usually. Thanks!

I'm even more miserable today than I was last night. My throat is killing me. I'm praying that I don't have strep like Little Guy did. I think I'm just going to run in, open, and reschedule my interview. I can't miss any of the rest of the week.

Well, I'm going to at least brush my hair before I go in. Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Lisa
Old 11-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning chicks!

Cool day here. My morning started out as a blessing not just for the fact I was able to get out of bed on my own but also for the fact I am down 2.4 this week and it's a TOM week so this could be a triple blessing.

Loriann glad your liking your job

Ruth hope everything runs smoothly

Kim enjoy your day off

Going with dh bowling tonight since Biggest Loser won't be on, already got in a 30 min jog on the treadmil this morning so won't have to worry if I have no time for workouts this evening.

Hope you guys have a great day!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #10  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
Zeff, I've never heard of that. I'll have to hit our health-food store and see if they carry it. We don't have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, just a little tiny Food Fantasies, but they carry a lot of good stuff usually. Thanks!

I'm even more miserable today than I was last night. My throat is killing me. I'm praying that I don't have strep like Little Guy did. I think I'm just going to run in, open, and reschedule my interview. I can't miss any of the rest of the week.

Well, I'm going to at least brush my hair before I go in. Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Lisa
You won't be able to find it at a health food store - only through a distributor. Try Shaklee.com and you should be able to locate a distributor nearest you. It is a little on the expensive side - but I can't tell you how much I have saved in co-pays since using it. Seriously, in 2.5 years DS has been to the doctor for a non-well baby visit once and hasn't ever had antibiotics - I don't know what that is a testament to, really, but it has been really nice.

Hope you feel better, girl. Being sick suuuuuuuuuuucks.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Tuesday!!!

Lori - Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate today, but I'm sure it'll make the day fly by. Glad to hear that your first day went so well!

Cottage - Enjoy your late day and fox hunt. Good job getting that laundry done.

Ruth - Enjoy your weather!!! Sorry that today is filled with Drs. & lawyers. Good luck with everything!

Cyndi - you crack me up! Have a great day

Barb - Sounds like you've got a rough day ahead. Be sure to find sometime just for you today. You'll probably need it!

Kim - How fun to be part of the whole process today. Enjoy your workout!

Zeff - My suggestion would be Bath and Body Works. They always have little lotions and such. And everything there smells so wonderful.

Lisa - Feel better today!!!

Gonnabe - Congrats on the weight loss this week. Have fun bowling!!!

Me - It's raining this morning and will probably continue through the afternoon. But with the rain comes a NSV.....I got a rain coat over 5 years ago for Christmas but was never able to use it as it was too small. This morning I tried it on to take the pups down and it fit, snuggly, but it fit!!! A great way to start the day. I'm sore from yesterday's workout and today's was a doozy....I love how I know for sure that I'm doing my body good.
Have a lovely Tuesday!!! And for those of us here in the US....Get out and vote! You owe it to yourself!
BLESSINGS!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thanks sister! I appreciate it.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #13  
beachin'

Heather - I don't know why I didn't even think about BBW - they have cute little girl stuff as well. I know of a little kiosk in the mall that sells adorable barrettes and bows as well. Oh, how I want a little girl! I guess I'll just spoil my nieces in the meantime

Lisa - no problem, girl. Now, get some rest and feel better!

Last edited by zeffryn; 11-04-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning to all

Boy do you guys have to vote for lots of stuff. No wonder the lines are so long. When we have our federal election we just vote for one person (our area representative)and that's it. I watched Obama vote this morning and I swear it took at least five minutes.

I got my flu shot last Friday and it didn't even hurt this time. Last year my arm was swollen and I had a little bump for about three months. There is a moderate flu season here already.

Its going to be a very nice warm day here so I intend to take full advantage of it. Lost some weight but won't update my ticker until its 10lbs.

sophie
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good morning everyone- quick post for me, I forgot to change my voter registration when I moved so I have to drive about an hour and a half each way!!! Oh well, its worth it!

Also going to have lunch with a friend of mine and visit a couploe other friends since I will be there already! Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread