Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Default Learn from my mistake PLEASE!!!

Ok today as we all know is Halloween. I have been pretty constant losing between 1-2 pounds a week. For almost a year I have had a candy dish in my office that I let others eat out of. I haven't had one. But today of course I say to myself "oh I haven't tried that one before or that one or that one". I have ate three fun sized candy bars and I feel like I have swallowed the entire world.
So if you are sitting where ever you are and think to yourself "gosh its a holiday I am gonna have some Halloween candy" DON'T DO IT!!!! Trust me you WILL feel like crap!
Thank god tomorrow is a whole new day! It can't come soon enough.

Last edited by DisgruntledOne; 10-31-2008 at 11:13 AM.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #2  
Wishful Shrinking

S/C/G: 226/221/160

Height: 5'9''

Thanks for the warning!!

I am trying not to venture out of my office much today. I came in to work this morning and went to warm up my coffee and of course there is a box of Krispy Kreme donuts sitting there looking at me! I got out of there as quick as possible!

Today will be a true test of willpower. I also made sure to buy candy that I didn't like so that it isn't tempting tonight when we hand it out.

Stay strong today, it is so worth it!!!

And, happy halloween everyone.
golfinchick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #3  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

Your post came at the perfect time, I am currently getting the candy dish ready for handing out, and those milky ways were calling my name....
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the reminder!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

yea, last night was trick or treat for my area. so off went me, daughter, and dh to get some goodies. my little one is 2, she doesn't need the candy and my plan is to give it to my 10 year old niece b/c she wasn't able to go. but last night when we got home i went through the bag to see what reagan could have (only 2 little bags of m&ms) and came across 1 snickers. i ate it! and it tasted yummy! but i exercised in the morning and then i walked up and down hills for 2 hours, most the time either carrying my child or pulling her in the wagon, so i feel like it wasn't too bad. but i have to get that candy out of my house! it can't stay b/c chocolate is a weakness for me! although, when the scale registered this morning and i was down, that felt really good! hopefully though the candy will go tonight or tomorrow. avoid the chocolate ladies (unless you can have self control and only eat one)! gaining weight is not worth the taste!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #6  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

We're not even handing out candy this year. Mainly because we have a new puppy in the house, & sticking to a specific schedule is very important in training. I don't want the doorbell ringing every few minutes & getting the pup all in a canine tizzy! So this year, we are not participating; meaning I've bought no candy for the deal.

I do have a candy dish in my office. I place it on the credenza so everyone can get to it, & I put candy in it THAT I DON'T LIKE. So that kinda keeps me in check!

I have a SMALL candy dish on my desk that I keep Life Saver Wint-O-Green mints in. Not only is it a small treat, but the minty flavor also helps cut the cravings for SWEETS, which I need because.....

....there's a vending machine not 20 feet from my desk, & guess who's in charge of filling it? YUP. You guessed it.... MOI!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Why, oh why?!?!

I was doing the happy dance this morning as I finally am below 150...I had resolved to be good today. Then my assistant brought me 3 tiny Tootsie Rolls. And I ate them. Yeah, sure, they're like 10-20 calories each so no huge problem, but I've got the taste in my mouth now!!!!

On another note, I do have candy in case of Trick or Treaters, but I have a skinny son to eat them if we have leftovers.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I've been hiding in my lab and away from Halloween candy all day. It's extra tempting for me to say "hey, it's my birthday tomorrow, I deserve it!" But I promise I won't. I already used that excuse to buy myself a pack of gum today, lol.

Also, I am having two cookies this afternoon, like I do at every Friday seminar, so I definitely don't need any candy!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I am sorry but I don't agree. If I feel like I want a little piece of chocolate (or something else), I have it. And I definitely would not feel like I swallowed an entire world if I had 3 pieces of candy. I have free access to a lot of candy because people in our office have it everywhere, and there hardly a day without somebody bringing in timbits or donuts or something else. Many of these things I do not eat because they do not appeal to me (and neither does the ordinary kind of chocolate (like Hershey's etc.) but if I do want to have something I go ahead, have it but I don't beat myself about it. I am not on a diet; I eat very healthy and an occasional little piece of something does not ruin it.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #10  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

Thanks for sharing....very inspirational.
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 PM   #11  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I don't really care for sweets so it's not a big deal for me, but what IS a big deal is when people bring in free lunch! Today we had BBQ and Mac and Cheese and green beans and rolls....omg.

The office is dangerous. I wish I could find a job in printing (my actual field) instead of answering phones!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW234/CW216/STG199/LTG150

Not 1 piece of candy eaten! I am so proud of myself, considering there have been 6 bags of the stuff here for about a week!

I just lost 8 pounds and worked too hard to throw any of it away.

Keri
somebuddysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/196/185

Height: 5'3"

I am so happy to say that I did not have a single piece of the candy that was sitting on the counter top in front of me, and that I handed out to customers all night. Straight little chocolates wrapped up in shiny foil...and I did not have a single bite. The thought crossed my mind about having one, but I really did not have a craving at all so easily dismissed it. But...

After reading this entire thread on goodies, I am now going off to the kitchen to make some cocoa with skim milk, cocoa powder, and a packet of stevia hahaha
theloula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #14  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
I am sorry but I don't agree. If I feel like I want a little piece of chocolate (or something else), I have it. And I definitely would not feel like I swallowed an entire world if I had 3 pieces of candy. I have free access to a lot of candy because people in our office have it everywhere, and there hardly a day without somebody bringing in timbits or donuts or something else. Many of these things I do not eat because they do not appeal to me (and neither does the ordinary kind of chocolate (like Hershey's etc.) but if I do want to have something I go ahead, have it but I don't beat myself about it. I am not on a diet; I eat very healthy and an occasional little piece of something does not ruin it.
Agree 100% Tomato! I had four snack-sized pieces of candy last night. They tasted good, I thoroughly enjoyed them and . . . no, I don't feel any guilt whatsoever. Food is good, it's meant to be enjoyed. If I told myself 'no I can't have this' all I'd do is crave it and most likely end up eating more of it. I had a balance bar for dinner (yeah, I know -- some choice! lol) because I knew I'd be having some candy later. Even with the candy I still came in OP calorie-wise. Plan your work and work your plan and all. Now, if I could just figure out what to have for dinner tonight!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
Agree 100% Tomato! I had four snack-sized pieces of candy last night. They tasted good, I thoroughly enjoyed them and . . . no, I don't feel any guilt whatsoever. Food is good, it's meant to be enjoyed. If I told myself 'no I can't have this' all I'd do is crave it and most likely end up eating more of it. I had a balance bar for dinner (yeah, I know -- some choice! lol) because I knew I'd be having some candy later. Even with the candy I still came in OP calorie-wise. Plan your work and work your plan and all. Now, if I could just figure out what to have for dinner tonight!
I agree with you girls!! If I dont eat one or two then I am going to crave them and end up eating 10 or 15 later!

I am proud to say that I had a PB cup and a Hersheys kiss!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote