UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 07:33 AM   #1  

Default help!

I can not get back on diet am I doomed to failure I think I am I cant even stop drinking let alone eating less I can only diet for about a week nowadays I need to be locked in a house with no food or alcohol. Feeling miserable if you cant tell!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:31 AM   #2  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

{{{{{ JUDITH }}}}}

Okay.... don't get depressed or panic about it.... just try and think what it is that's causing you not to be able to diet. There must be some sort of trigger that overcomes your willpower. If its the alcohol then you might have to consider giving it up completely for a few weeks. Its really bad for weakening willpower - it actually makes you hungry and, of course, you want more of whatever it is that you are drinking and anything alcoholic has got loads of calories. If it isn't the alcohol that clobbers your willpower then you need to try and think of another way of dealing with that problem rather than comfort eating - maybe going out for a walk or having a long soak in the bath with a good book.

You HAVE achieved something, you know.... You say you can diet for a week at a time... well that's an achievement, isn't it???? Well, I think that first week on a diet is the hardest one of all, so it's a real achievement! Lots of people don't manage that first week at all.

Maybe the problem is that you are just looking at the whole amount of weight you've got to lose and thinking of all the time it'll take you - which is enough to make anyone depressed. Try setting yourself more manageable targets - perhaps taking it just one day at a time... why not set yourself a daily target of eating the correct amount of calories and doing a bit of exercise and then finding yourself something that you think is a bit of a low calorie treat which you can ONLY have if you are 'good' (not booze though) then if you are only doing it for one day it doesn't matter so much if you don't do so well on that one day, you just start afresh the following day! (All good psychological stuff this!)

I think that after 26 years of dieting I have finally worked out only successful way to do it ... which is to accept that it is OK to have bad days and not to feel that once you have blown it on one day, that you have blown the whole diet... just take it one day at a time.

{{{{{ JUDITH }}}}}
Old 04-22-2002, 10:16 AM   #3  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Oh Veggie Babes!

You seem to have got yourself into a real blue spin!

Take it easy. Scream and vent here a bit and get your focus back.

Take things slow. You probably need to take a new look at your goals. Try just concentrating on doing one thing for a while. I'm with Sarah Ann, you are probably looking at everything you want to achieve in one big lump - I know that ALWAYS buries me!!

Recently I got a second wind and sorted a few things out. I stopped dieting and concentrated on getting my exercise sorted (I am teaching loads more classes a week now and I'm swimming for myself). Then I went back and decided to chang my eating patterns. That is not calories counting but eating at sensible times, putting breakfast back in and not eating very late at night (that's when I really binge).

Then I bought myself a book (Body Blitz by Joanne Hall). It is a diet book but I find her 5 steps make sense to me. I think that, as she doesn't harp on about cottage cheese and depriving yourself, I took to her ideas better and it gave me more focus and hope of long term achievement. Perhaps there is someone or something out there that will do the same for you?

I've lost 3 pounds in 6 days without really thinking about it and I am looking forward to continuing the 'diet'. Also I found

www.weightlossresources.co.uk

and I use their food/exercise calorie counter to keep track of myself. You get 3 days free trial and then it's £7 a month, with loads of useful info on all the latest fads and even more healthy tips. have a peek if you haven't already found it!

Come back and have another moan, if you need it. Stef
Old 04-22-2002, 12:31 PM   #4  

Yes I like to moan! I have another job interview tomorrow with a test again its call centre **** as well Then on thurs I have an interview for new placement at a docs surgery!
Old 04-22-2002, 03:25 PM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Good luck with the interviews... although rather you than me for working at a doctors...! Arghhhhh!!!!

Start your diet afresh tomorrow - plan in advance what you're going to eat and when you're going to eat it, but make sure you plan lots of low fat foods.. and a little treat for the end of the day.

I'll be thinking about you.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:22 PM   #6  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

{{{{{{{{{Veggie}}}}}}}}

Good luck with the interveiws tomorrow luv. You'll do ok with the eating too, you can do it
Chris.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:20 AM   #7  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Veggie we are all rooting for you lass, you can do it, we know you can all we have to do is convince you!!
We are here to help, email me any time or gimme a shout on msn messenger.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:18 AM   #8  

veggie just because you cant get on track to diet this time doesnt mean your a failure
theres always another time that will be better for you and we will be here for you then as we are now
hey hey i had idea if you get job in doctors, you could blackmail all the people that have " embarressing" bugs they may have picked up and we can all go to blackpool for a week on it
Closed Thread