Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 07:32 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Oh God its Monday

Sorry I have been delinquent in posting, but honestly I have been a busy camper. Other than that my weight seems to be shifting down, but I am on a new BCP so I think my body is having fun with that right now.

Any big plans for the week for anyone? I have 2 exams. I start full-time at the CCRA next week for the summer... The money should be good so I am happy....

OTOH my living situation seems to be up in the air. My roomate is most likely leaving July 1st which was expected, but there was this one apartment his gf found which is new, nice and is from June 1st, which basically if that happens, leaves me a month to find a place. Which is doable, but is still a bit of a crunch.\

Have a good day!

Ali
Old 04-22-2002, 08:06 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Monday Sux

Im nestled in the library going mental! my exams start in a week i am sooo unprepared!
*deeep breaths*
I've been OP for 2 days and Just weighed in at the health center
even with retaining water (honey i could float on what i'm holding )
I stayed the same which is not bad considering the sh!t i ahve eaten the last few weeks
Sooo if a friend of mine comes thru i might go to WW with her on wednesday anyway back to work i'll bbl
Love
Kier
Old 04-22-2002, 09:25 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Oh, how I hate Mondays...

Morning everyone! Just stopping in to write a short post then I gotta get to work. My stuff to do just keeps stacking up and I'm having a little trouble keeping up with all of it.

Well, this past week has been pretty much shot, as far as eating goes. I lost 2 lbs last week, so this week I rewarded myself by not going to the gym. Well, that was a bad idea because I suddenly lost all willpower because I wasn't working out. We'll just chalk this last week up to learning...

Not much else to write--I got up early this morning and managed to come to work looking damn fine, if I do say so myself. I feel better about today already.

OH! Before I go, I have to share this "recipe" with you guys.

OK, you'll need two packages of sugar free strawberry (or strawberry banana) Jello. You'll also want a pint or two of strawberries (and if you want the points, add one banana) as well as a thingy of fat free cool whip.

Boil 1 cup of water, add to the two packages of Jello. Add one cup of cold water, refrigerate. while that's in the fridge, cut up your strawberries (and banana, if using).

When Jello is just starting to set, stir in your fruit and cool whip.

My mom and I figured that the entire conglomeration is only about 6 points, so if you make it 6 servings, it's only a point a serving and pretyt good-sized servings. Yum yum!!

OK, back to work.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:48 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I MISS JELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fruited jello is one of my summer favorites mmmmmmm havent gone the whole coolwhip/whipped cream route tho
sounds nummy
and the happything for the day is I'm beginning to understand the ironage so the gods of celtic civ will be appeased anywho off to powow with my lecturer if s he's there bbiab
Kier
Old 04-22-2002, 10:14 AM   #5  
Bono Fanatic!

Red face Good morning ladies!

Happy Monday.... ugh!

It was a great weekend for me. I lost 1.4 more pounds, leaving me only 0.8 to go to reach my May 1st goal! Who knew I would actually do it?! Then, after my meeting Saturday morning, a friend and I ran a 5K. The exciting thing is that it was easy for me! For the first time, I can truly see how far I have come as a runner. I never thought that 3.1 miles would be no big deal. Wow! Of course, I celebrated by going out for pizza... some things never change!

My allergies are driving me crazy today and my hands hurt from putting together the tons of stuff that I got from Ikea! I'm still not done, but I am having so much fun. If I could get rid of the headache and stop sneezing and blowing my nose, I would be a much happier person....

Hi to Kier, Jess and Ali! I'm off to post my journal and get some work done. I'll be back later!
Old 04-22-2002, 12:12 PM   #6  

Angry

Good morning everyone,

My Monday is depressing. It is 30-some degrees here once again and dreary. When will spring come to stay????

The weekend flew by. I cleaned out my DH's closet, and took two huge garbage bags full to Goodwill. It is a nice job done. Now I need to work on my closet this week.

Did pretty good OP wise this weekend, at high end of points, but that is o.k. Didn't exercise this weekend either, but will be back at it tonight.

Work is slowing down for me. I don't teach classes from May to September, so a few projects will be my focus for the summer. My ambition is running low here at work. I think I need some sunshine to brighten my day.

I still have 8 pounds to lose by the beginning of summer. I hope to be able to fit into my shorts from last year (I was at my personal goal last summer). I had WI this morning, and stayed the same, but I had pepperoni pizza last night, and wonder if I am retaining fluid since I had a very OP week last week, I had really hoped for a loss. May weigh myself mid-week to see if a pound or two dropped off.

I have to go grocery shopping at lunchtime, I am so out of food!! Going to buy some nutritious stuff to keep at home and work.

Well, better look busy, I am drinking my 1st 33.8 oz water bottle. Still need to get one more in by the end of the work day.

How is everyone else? Does anyone have any sunshine to share?
Old 04-22-2002, 01:05 PM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Default Hi again!

Well, as you can see, I'm taking a very short break from my work to just say hello.

OK, now I'm going back to work.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:30 PM   #8  

Default Hi Girls!

I am here!! i am doing ok-I am trying to stay OP-I gave myself a week before going back to WW....Just went to buy a salad at McDonald's and got a small fry-couldn't resist-BUT I threw half of them away in the trash before I left ! So I wouldn't eat them-does anyone else do this???
Anyhow-I am majorly PMSing-had a horrible craving to Dunkin Donuts last weekend and went in-only bought three chocolate munchkins tho....trying for that willpower....it is harder to get back OP when you have been off program for awhile...
BTW today is my 30th birthday!!!!! I can no longer post here...but I will anyway If that's ok! Bye for now
Old 04-22-2002, 02:18 PM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll let you stay, even if you are 30!

Have a great day!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 02:42 PM   #10  

Happy Birthday!!

30 is a big one! Hope you are doing something very indulgent to celebrate

Of course I was totally OFF plan this past weekend. It was mostly spent drinking, dancing, recovering....then repeat. I'm lucky that I'm even maintaining at this point, considering that I also ate a bunch of chocolate on top of the beer. Hmmm, and I wonder why I'm not losing weight....

It's pretty much just a blah Monday for me - I did just have some Jello though, Jess and KO! Good stuff for 10 calories I think I'm just bummed about my boy situation. Here's the deal, I met this guy on St Patty's day and we went out about a week and a half later, had a really good time I thought, etc. We went out again after another week and a half, and I ended up staying at his place because my roommate locked me out (long story), but nothing happened on the romantic front besides a little smooch. Third date was last weekend to the movies - and I finally just had to ask him if I was going to get a goodnight kiss - so he gave me a peck on the lips. Usually the third date is the hot and heavy one if you know what I mean ....but all I get is a peck! He surprisingly emailed me the next day and we wrote back and forth a couple times, but I haven't heard a word since I wrote back last Wednesday. I know that he works crazy hours and is really busy, but I'm thinking that I just need to face the facts that he's not interested - although we get along so well on our dates (I think anyway). I was going to give it another couple days and then leave him an email/voicemail just kind of asking straight out if he's interested or not. My friends think this is a bad idea - that he should be the one chasing me (obviously that's not happening!), but I hate the thought of just letting this fall through without trying. What do you all think?

Sorry, I know this is a bit off-topic - my apologies if I rambled on too much about it. I'm just so bored here at work.

Lexxy
Old 04-22-2002, 03:37 PM   #11  

Work and life have been so crazy I haven't had time to really come out of lurkerdom and post properly, but wanted to come by for a quick one.

Spring Fling challenge - I weighed last Thursday and was down another 0.4 for a total of 4.2. That leaves me 3.8 to go by May 1. Maybe still possible. Exercise goals haven't gone that well. I've decided to focus on the food first and maybe add the exercise for the next challenge.

Lori - Happy Birthday!! It's my birthday today too, so your post jumped out at me. I'm turning 28. Also, congrats on the wedding and it sounds like your honeymoon was great.

JenK - Congrats on another loss this week, you're kicking butt. I so wish they'd put an Ikea up in Minneapolis. We have no reasonably priced furniture stores up here. I even work with a woman who bought from Ikea in Chicago and paid to have it shipped to Minneapolis cause it was still a better deal then anything around here.

Tonya - I'm sure it's water retention or something. You've been doing great with food and exercise. You'll probably have a big loss next week.

Ali - Congrats on looking buff!!

Hi Jess, Lexxy, KO, and everyone about to post.

Noelle
Old 04-22-2002, 04:29 PM   #12  

Happy Birthday Noelle!!! Thanks for letting me stay everyone!!!!
Lexxi-I would call him. you're right-and maybe he's thinking something similar-and if you both don't call, you will never know. what have you got to lose? At least you will know for sure and be able to move on in peace...that's my two cents...
Old 04-22-2002, 04:42 PM   #13  
One Sick Puppy

Lexxy--Had to give just a little advice about your boy dilemma. After being with my current BF for 1.5 years (not counting our three month break in the middle of it), I have learned a thing or two about men. Your friends are right--calling or emailing and asking straight out if he's interested is not the way to go. In fact, that might be the fastest way to turn him off. You said yourself that it's possible that he's super-busy and if that's the case, he doesn't need someone being pushy or demanding--that may be the impression he gets about an entire potential relationship between the two of you and may turn tail and run fast. But calling him in a week or two just to sort of remind him that you're still here isn't a bad idea, ESPECIALLY considering that you haven't heard from him since emailing him on Thursday. There are all sorts of things that could be the reason you haven't heard from him--work schedule, days off, the weekend, email black holes that suck in emails never to be seen again--maybe he never even got your last email and is wondering why you haven't written. Or maybe he emailed back and you just never received it... Could be anything. Just give him a few more days and then maybe just call and say anything--"Just wondering what you're up to..." or maybe "Hey, did I lose an earring in your car?" or perhaps "Listen, I've got this lace teddy and no one to show it to--no wait, don't use that one. Then again, he'd probably definitely call, but it wouldn't be what you wanted him to call for.

OK, so that's just my thoughts...

Gotta get back to work...

Hey, Happy Birthday to the two birthday girls!!
Old 04-22-2002, 05:08 PM   #14  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hey everyone!

Happy Birthday Lori and Noelle - hope you have a chance to celebrate today.

Thanks for the recipe Jess - I love strawberries so I'll have to give that a try.

Sounds like you got a lot of household projects done this weekend Tonya - doesn't that give you a wonderful sense of accomplishment?

Congrats on the losses Noelle and JenK.

Hope the guy thing works out for you Lexxi. I'd offer advice but I haven't had a date in over a year so you really don't want to take any I might offer up.

Had a great weekend. Went out with some women from work Friday night and laughed like crazy. I took your advice Tonya - 1 light beer followed by water - nobody looked at me oddly and I didn't make a fool of myself in front of colleagues. Spent a lot of time on yard and house work which made me feel like I'm getting control over this home ownership thing. Also spent a lot of time with my 16 yr old cousin who just happens to be one of the best people I've ever met. All in all, a fabulous weekend.

Winter
Old 04-22-2002, 10:13 PM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hey everyone!

Welcome back, Lori!! How awesome! I hate to admit it, but I was almost depressed when it was all said and done. I mean, you plan and plan and stress and plan and plan and get excited and cry and plan and then it's over within 2 hours!! (the ceremony, that is) But, you have the honeymoon to look forward to and then that's over and you're back home, but you have the opening of gifts to look forward to and then that's over and there's nothing left but the thank you notes! How sad!
I'm not complaining, but since Brett and I lived together for 2 years before we got married, it was the same once we got home. But now that we're looking for a new house, it's different and fun...i think. If we can just get this house ready to go on the market.
I'm doing well OP although we had a church retreat this weekend and I couldn't count points as well as I wanted to. I didn't ever over do it (camp food isn't worth it) but I also wasn't picture perfect. We'll find out tomorrow night at WI. It's TOM so I don't even know what to expect. I'm pretty bloated right now. Yuck!
Hi to everyone I haven't met yet! I'm still waiting for the stupid internet filter to be lifted, but I'm pretty skeptical as to when that's going to be.
Hey, has anyone ever gone to a WW meeting with Fergie? I'm going on May 2nd!! She's going to be visiting Oklahoma City and they are having a big meeting with her!! Registration is free. I can't wait!!!!!
Well, I'd better check my email and get to bed.
Have a great day everyone!!!
Closed Thread