Old 10-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/191/175

Height: 5'1

Default how do u stay on track?

I have a really hard time keeping track of my daily points. I do not attend meetings, I just have all the tools from my mom. I wish I could go to meeting, but being a student and living on a budget doesn't help. I work at a restaurant and I try to pack lunches but am getting tired of sandwiches. I guess I'm losing will power...next month is when I really started my weight loss journey and I only need to lose 7 more pounds bring me to 50 lbs in a year!! wow its so much easier to get fat than to get healthy!! well hope all u ladies have a great halloween!! I have had candy in my house since saturday and haven't even been tempted to open it!!
needs2droplbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Yeah, getting fat was my hobby for a while.

As far as staying on track... you just have to do it. If I had given up when I lost willpower, I would have given up 70 lbs ago. You have to make a commitment to yourself and stick to it. Tell yourself going off plan is just not an option. Working treats into your plan is okay, but as long as they are part of said plan.

You can do this! It's tough, but you can do it.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:22 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

it is very tough....
but very beneficial!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi there! I'm in my late 20's, am a SAH mom, and I don't go to WW meetings either.

For me, planning is the key. I just sit down in the morning, or even night before, so that I have a plan to stay within my points.

I also check out the threads on 3FC to see what others are eating - this gives me lots of ideas to try. I browse "healthy" recipe sites to see what I can make. I do lots of wraps, pitas, and soups for lunch - with a set of twins at home, I have to eat as fast as I can!

As for motivations, pull out pictures of your "before" self. Or look at the clothes you used to wear. Pictures usually do it for me! I also watch a show on BBC America called "You are What you Eat". This dietician comes in and piles up the food that these people eat in a week and it is DISGUSTING! I always remember that I used to eat that way and my table now would look much better than when I started in July!

I am close to that 50 lb loss mark as well, and it seems like it is taking forever to get to! Some days I'm frustrated, and I go off plan, but I try to remember that I am changing my eating habits, not just losing weight.

Good luck with getting motivated and sticking to plan! Sometimes, we all just have off weeks!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #5  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I have a person here on the forum that I PM nightly!! We also have become great friends and chat/text regularly. She keeps me honest, points out flaws in my food, but also encourages me daily to keep up this journey!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/250/130

Height: 5'5''

Im looking for some advice on how to stay on track with eating....I find that I usually dont have time to eat at work and then im ravenous by the time i get to eat...i know its better to eat less more often...but its just really hard
mo1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:15 AM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

living at home, its tricky to know what is for dinner and how many calories to leave room for during the day. What i do is have breakfast, and plan to have about a 100g steak and 2 potatoes for dinner. This usually covers whatever we are having for dinner, and then i know how many calories i can devote to lunch and snacks. Usually i try to make breakfast around 250 and lunch around 250, leave about 500 for dinner, the rest i make up in snacks because i am just such a grazer. I try to have muesli bars, nuts, fruit, raw vegetables etc as snacks. Snacks can be quite treat-ish as long as they are within my calories- this helps me to stay on track because i dont feel deprived and have less cravings. Hope that helps with the eating!

Mo- over here you are entitled to a 15min break every 4 hours you work, do you have that where you are? If you do you could have something little to eat every four hours, could split your muesli bar or fruit in half and have it over 2 breaks, etc, just to keep you going.

Wow, i sure can ramble >.<

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 10-31-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #8  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

when i need willpower, i think "if i quit now, all the sweats from exercises i spent hours doing are going to be wasted, all the good and proud feelings will be gone".
Oh, after think that way, i just....grab my dumbbells and start my journey again
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote