Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default Does any1 else have this problem

I have a stationary bike and the seat is sooooooooo uncomfortable. like i have put pillows down and secured them and it doesnt work. its like i want to work out and and i can stand for like hours on it if they seat was comfy but i cant last like 30 mins its just kills me. i dont have any other machines and dont have a gym pass (no money) and the weather is getting bad here. Any sugg on how to make the seat better? lol
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/176/160

Height: 5'9

I have the same problem. Every time I do spin class at the gym, I can't walk for like 2 days because it hurts you know where. I have heard padded bike shorts help but I haven't invested in them yet...
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6.5

Same problem here when I have attempted spin classes in the past. I just finally quit doing it.
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3

you can purchase seat covers for bikes, so i assume you can use it for stationary bikes also. I find it works better than than padded shorts....any sports shop should carry them. I got mine at Wal Mart a couple of years ago.
Amy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

some bicycle shops have padding for seats that should work on a stationary bike too. Also, how does the seat come off the bike? If its just on metal pole like a regular bike, you might be able to just buy a more comfy seat from walmart or target, etc.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I have the same issue, I fold up a fleece blanket and sit on that. I still get sore but after a few minutes it's better. I have NO um, natural padding on my butt so it gets pretty uncomfortable but I do it anyway. Sometimes my butt actually goes numb.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #7  

can you slide the seat forward and back? moving it closer or away from the handlebars might make a difference because it will shift your body's pressure to a different point.
Onsecondthought is offline   Reply With Quote