Old 10-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Lightbulb Do u guys ever wonder....

I was thinking the other day, and was wondering when does our bodies transform? Maybe im just crazy. lol but like we notice the changes but how does it happen? does it do it at night or during the day? i mean we might lose a cpl of inches but where does it go? lol no im not high or anything like that (never tried it) but i was just curious if u guys ever thought that?
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:08 AM   #2  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

It usually takes me 10 pounds or even more to see the difference. Even then I think so many of us have this fat image of ourselves stuck in our heads that its impossible to see the REAL view in the mirror. At that time I rely on others to tell me how I really look. Your mom will ALWAYS be honest

This is really random, but my friend has a theory about weight relating to the universe (she's a physicist). She says theres only a given amount of mass in the universe, so when I lose weight someone or something else has to gain it to keep the universe in equilibrium. I said alright, so how do you account for Americans becoming so obese? She said because of the extinction of the dinosaur *snicker*
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I think most of it goes down the toilet.

But as for when you notice, I think that depends a lot on your own self-image, and also how often you look at photos or at yourself in the mirror. I know for me, I never notice it unless I compare photographs, because when I look in the mirror, I don't think to compare what I see to what I saw six months ago, I compare it to what I saw yesterday (so always pretty much the same).

My most successful experience with seeing with it, was during a weight loss attempt when I was living at home with my parents and sisters. I would ask my sister to take a polaroid photo every month, whether I lost weight or not (I figured seeing lack of progress, could motivate me just as much as seeing progress). I always wore the same red knit capris and white tucked in t-shirt, for as long as the outfit fit (it had LOTS of stretch, and I had a lot to lose, so it fit for quite a while). When the outfit got too big (the pants first), I bough a similar style. I even weighed in the same place (against a basement wall) with two pieces of duct tape on the floor - one for me to put my toes against when I stood for the photo, and one for my sister to stand up to to take it, so the photo was always from the same distance and angle.

I'd forgotten about that, and I should start doing something similar again. I loved how I could really see the difference. This time, I didn't notice my weight loss at all. I stumbled across last years measurements I took for a garment I was going to make, and found that I've lost 5 inches in my bust, 3 inches in my waist, and absolutely nothing at all in my hips (Aaaagh), but I didn't SEE the difference until I had to have my license renewed and compared the new license to my old one, taken 60 lbs ago. Even though it was only a head shot, I could see a huge difference. (My luck to lose it in the head first, especially since there's not as much fat there as everywhere else, so I'm going to look like even more of a pinhead until more of the weight comes off).

Last edited by kaplods; 10-28-2008 at 08:39 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I ALWAYS think about this
I'm convinced it happens while we sleep! Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I look in the mirror about 10 times a day so its hard for me to notice.. but its like others said i usually believe it when others start noticing.. and when my clothes get bigger!! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #6  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

HAHAHAHA...this thread cracks me up for some reason. maybe it's the mental picture of chubby little fat guys running away from peoples' bodies at night. and trying to be really sneaky so no one notices in the morning.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I think I feel it before I see it. Like my leg will feel smaller when I'm taking a shower, or my arm will be looser in my sweater that I havn't worn for a while.

Where does it go? Your body converts it to energy. So, like a car uses it's fuel... same thing. Your body uses it's fat.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml View Post
HAHAHAHA...this thread cracks me up for some reason. maybe it's the mental picture of chubby little fat guys running away from peoples' bodies at night. and trying to be really sneaky so no one notices in the morning.
I love it
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #9  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I could see my body's fat cells the night before weigh in while I am sleeping having this scenario:

They all do a football huddle up and go, ok you 5000 cells are going to get smaller and you 700 cells are going move to the boob region, you 900 cells are going to get the stomach etc. Then get done every one of them blobs together and says BREAK!!! and they start running for their places, and of course you always have the rouges in the group. *grumbles*
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #10  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hah!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-fat/AN01327
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #11  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I'm gonna go with the football analogy.... somehow, it is working for me!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote