Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/244/160

Height: 5'7

Default any1 get pregnant just by looseing weight?

just wondering has any1 gotten pregnant just by looseing weight. Looking for some support and hope as im suffering from infertility for almost 3 years with nothing wrong with either one of us. Thanks!
downtomygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I got pregnant AFTER I lost weight, but I have no way of knowing if it was BECAUSE I lost weight... We'd been trying for a while (not nearly as long as you though), and I started out morbidly obese... I got pregnant within a month or two of reaching "overweight" status (as opposed to "obese" or "morbidly obese").

I do think that my approaching a healthy weight allowed my hormones to even out (I have PCOS), but like I said, I don't know if it really CAUSED me to get pregnant.

I hope that helps, and I wish you luck in your journey
Mum2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #3  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure about weight loss being the cause of increased fertility but I could see how a change in eating habit and overall better health might help generally. One of my very best friends got down to just over 300lbs and got pregnant with twins after losing about 60lbs.

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 10-27-2008 at 04:14 PM.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #4  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I've read many articles on obesity and infertility because I long to be a mother. I tried to get pregnant with my ex (which was a bad mistake overall) but after 7 months, it just wasn't happening. We stopped because I was getting too upset and our relationship was very rocky.

I searched online for further information. How many overweight pregnant women do you see compared to thin, healthy ones? It's rare that I see an actual overweight pregnant woman, in my case anyways.

My fiance's aunt was very overweight and thought she was infertile. She told everyone she didn't want children, but I assume it's easier to say that, then to say "I can't have children". She had WLS and not even 4 weeks after she had her tummy tuck, she got pregnant. Her doctor asked if she planned on it, and she said no. I believe there was a link and that her husband may have tried and failed. Her pregnancy was NOT planned at all.

I do believe there is a link. Being obese can cause a variety of problems, and those too could effect your changes.

I am doing this to be healthy, be thin, and be able to be conceive. I want to be the best mother I can be, and show my children the healthy ways of life.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

I've read that being obese can cause infertility. For men and women. And losing weight increases fertility.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 276/244/160

Height: 5'7

Thanks guys. See im just lost sometimes because I was just as big when I got pregnant with my other ones.
downtomygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

I firmly believe that my obesity caused my infertility. I wasn't ovulating every month when I weighed 275, and Clomid didn't help. There was nothing wrong with me or my husband except for the fact that I was obese. We tried to conceive for several years. Then I lost 110 pounds and got to 165, became a runner, and was quite healthy. I immediately conceived, without even thinking about it. I hadn't thought about trying to conceive in over a year, and it just happened as soon as I hit a healthy BMI! Now I have a 3-month old baby and a ton of weight to lose again!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I read your headline and thought 'get pregnant just by loosing weight? Am I going to have to explain the birds and the bees to this girl?' LOL....
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #9  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

I've had problems ovulating since becoming obese. I haven't had ovarian cysts in a while but still don't seem to be getting the positive on the ovulation predictors either. Neither one of these issues were present when I wasn't obese. It's kind of a blessing in disguise, I guess. I know a pregnancy at this weight would be very hard on me physically.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

well... I do not know if it is linked but... I went on Medifast for almost a month and lost almost 20 pounds... I found myself pregnant... My son was jst born 2 months ago and i still think that my pregancy was my body's way to react to the drastic diet.... crazy, uh?
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote