Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Default Friends and Losers Oct 27-Nov 2

Good VERY early morning everyone!

I was totally expecting to see a thread about the San Antonio centers closing, but apparently no one else knows/cares? So I put it out there for my own benefit.

I went to weigh on Friday evening and saw the sign of "changed hours" on the door... I knew what was coming, I went in anyway because someone was in there and I got to speak with the manager. It was her last day and they are going to have someone else there on Mondays and Tuesdays only for the next few weeks... they gave me some info on LA on the go. But I was also able to get all of the plan info for the remainder of my plan. This stinks! My mindset has already shifted and I am realizing how the accountability was really helping me to stay on track. I had a terrible weekend foodwise, but am going to do takeoff as scheduled today.

Any words of wisdom? Success stories without a center? Anything...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

First of all, what in God's name are you doing awake and on the computer at ..what... 5:30am????

Anyway - I posted in your Centers Closing thread. Sorry about finding that out - at least you were able to get all of your info. This is the time to acknowledge that YOU accomplished losing 50lbs, not the counselors. If you keep that in the forefront of your mind, you can continue to be successful. Keep doing what you have been doing! (well, except for driving to the center every week..)

I had an OK weekend, had a little accident with some halloween candy, but recovered nicely from that. Saturday was rotten here, I came in to work and did all of my homework for tonight's class. Yesterday was just beautiful - a real treat this time of year. DH and I went golfing with some friends - it was nice to be outside. Plus, the Dolphins won, so a great day all around!

OK everyone - wake up!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm awake..............but not very happy about it

I just don't really enjoy morning very much. Maybe if I put myself to bed earlier.....

Well, we had DS's b-day party last night. He was such a doll. He was so excited to have cake that he didn't even ask for any gifts after we sang He was just delighted that I made him a cake with yellow flowers on it. So funny. Of all the things he would ask for.......he asked for some green frosting and some yellow flowers.........and since those are thr green bay packer's colors..........it was even better. He must have asked for flowers cuz he has seen me make so many of them over the years, and they are quite tasty And as far as the gifts.....we have a tradition here that the morning of your true birthday, there is a gift at the end of your bed when you wake up. It is usually something inexpensive,but fun. We left DS a tiny bubble gum machine equiped with gumballs....and he was comletely satisfied with that. We would not have had to purchase anything else for him. Guess I wasted a few dollars last week Here is a picture of my little darling

I WI this a.m., and I was pretty happy with my numbers since I was a bit less than perfect this weekend.......but I am not sure yet if it was a loss or not. You would think I know, but I really don't. I will edit my ticker when I am done with this, and then we'll see.

I hope you all had a great weekend and have a very successful monday
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #4  
Post-Master

ok, apparently I am complete idiot. I gained 0. lbs over the weekend. Oh well........must work harder this week
Old 10-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #5  

Thanks for the encouragement Kim - and just to set the record straight, it was 6:45 when I was posting - it just enters a time from a different time zone...

The good news is, Today my DH starts his diet. He has asked for my help and set a goal, so hopefully this will work out for him. It's so hard for him because he doesn't have much flexibility when it comes to stopping to eat during the day. I usually pack him a lunch with plenty of healthy snacks, but so many times he just doesn't feel like eating what I've packed. I'm hoping that with his new motivation he will stick to whats in the bag! I'm also hoping that with his new motivation I will be able to stay on track... there is just this nagging thought before every meal that won't leave my head "I don't have to weigh in"... how do I make that go away??? I need to create a mantra and just keep saying it over and over...
Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Post your weigh-in results here? Or have someone else weigh you in on designated days?

And Nicole - idiot or not, we still love you!

**edit*** Hey, according to the Thallenge, you kicked butt last week! congrats!

Last edited by Kimphin; 10-27-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. so tired today. not sure why, i relaxed all weekend. oh well.
anyways..lots to do this week. DD gets out of school early on wed and then both kids are getting haircuts that same day, then trying to get stuff together for our trip to NE this weekend for my brother's wedding. we're leaving friday night after we take the kids trick-or-treating..so that way they'll sleep on the way there.

oh and on top of that..i've had DS in undies all morning and i'm taking him into the bathroom every 10mins to try and go potty. i've only got about 6 more months to get him trained...so i'm trying yet again...for the 3rd time since august. i just hope that one of these days it just clicks and he wants to do it on his own. i'm thinking that's not going to happen, but we'll see. he may not make it to preschool at this rate. and that will suck.
so yeah..a bit stressful over here for me. i know alot can change in 6 months, but i need to at least say that i've been trying and not just waiting around for him to decide to do it on his own.

ah..anyways. the timer is about to go off for us to go visit the potty again. keep your fingers crossed for me!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #8  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Jillian.. I am in your potty training boat.. I hope he gets it soon for you, it is easier to have only one in diapers at a time!

Hope you all have a good week and enjoy your choices leading up to the weekend. Put your Halloween plan in place now

Kids are busy this week and I only work 2x so that is a break for me. I hope to get some things done around the house. I find if my house and eating are in order, so is my inside.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!

Joni- Yeah, I did bite DH. We had a good time, but the dinner show was kind of hokey, not scary at all. In fact, it was pretty disrespectful.

Alannah- Good for you for going on a bit of a date, that is great!!

Lettie- Smokin' hot in your new dress!!!

Nicole- Your littlest is so cute. How funny that he wanted yellow flowers. Yesterday was my DH's birthday. I asked him on Saturday what kind of cake he wanted. My 5 y/o kept yelling "Pancakes! Tell her you want pancakes dad!"

Jillian- We finally had to pay my oldest to go potty. Evertime he would go, he got the change in my pocket. When had enough money, we would go to town and buy a hotwheel. Worked like a charm.

Julie- Sucks about your center, but like Kim said, you have worked much harded than your center has to get you here. Keep up the good work, you can do it!

Kim- Had an accident with Halloween candy? Like a snickers truck ran you over? Or it started raining M&M's and you accidentally looked up with you mouth open? Do tell!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #10  
Katie

Elizabeth- Love your avatar!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #11  
Katie

Here are some pictures of my weekend. The first is me in my vampiress costume. DH took the picture, and must have been irritating me, by the look on my face.
Desert 002.jpg

This one is a picture of a desert near my house that my sisters and I have identified as having energy vortexes. These rocks, we believe, were stacked by migratory Indians marking them. They are ancient, and the energy feels very special. Notice the different colors of light surrounding this one.

Desert 042.jpg
Old 10-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

ok...guess what? HE DID IT! he peed in the potty! keep praying and crossing your fingers that he'll keep it up!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #13  

Jillian - funny story about potty training: when my oldest was potty training (wow! I just realized this story is about 9 years old! My DS is 11...) we went on a road trip and put him in pull ups since the rest stops are so far spaced, he told us he had to go potty and we tried to explain to him that it was ok because he was wearing a pullup, he just wouldn't accept that and began crying and throwing a fit! We finally had to pull over and let him pee on the side of the road! So count it as a blessing that you are not further along in the potty training
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #14  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4princesses View Post
I find if my house and eating are in order, so is my inside.
Amen!!! I feel the exact same way. Love your new avatar

Katie.......love the vampire costume You look adorable in anything!!!

Yeah, Kim.......I did ok from my highpoint in the Thallenge.......I am just so mad at myself for not sticking with it. It really wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't going out of town with DH in two weeks. The last time his bosses and their wives saw me, I weighed 140 lbs. They are going to think, "wow, she really let herself go........." I don't mean to sound so self centered.....they probably could care less about how I look.......I just to look good for DH, you know.

Julie.......the COD pretty much sucks most of the time anyway....we are way cooler

Jillian.....hang in there girl. Keep it all positive and it will work itself out

How's it hangin' JM?

ok, time to get some work done
XOXO
Old 10-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #15  
Post-Master

Hooray for Jagger (did I spell that right?)