Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 10:33 PM   #1  

Unhappy 123 pounds to loose I'm new need buddies

Hi i'm new and just read this post i cried so much. I have so much to loose and i have tried everything i pray to get the gastro bypass but i have an eating disorder and i just had a big big bing a few minute and i know why it's becouse i have to go to the nutrionist on monday and i'm so afraid a gain weight. I also got over a panic attack i hate those it hurt alot, i'm looking for someone that i can talk to but i have to warn you i have alot to say. I have three kids two grandkids, I'm on disibily becouse of my weight and emontional issues i'm also on meds i'm so tired of them i stay home all the time i hate for people to see me. You can e-mail me at [email protected] I have tried every diet there is and some i invented my own i go to every web site that has to do with weight lost. have a great day
Old 04-21-2002, 12:32 AM   #2  

Default I'm new to

Hi I am new also and would love to meet a support buddy. i need to lose 75-85 pounds. My weight came from the birth of my kids and have not been lucky to get it off. I am on a diet now and taking hydroxcut praying that it will work So please feel free to drop me a email and we can hook up
Old 04-21-2002, 11:21 AM   #3  

Angry hi

We can be new buddies together today i feel better hope your doing great. I realy don't understand this board couldn't fine my site, i hope i'm doing this right, so tell me about your self how old are your kids. you can e-mail me personaly if you like i'm thinkin of going to w.w i wen there when i was about 21 like years ago. i will like to try LA weightloss but to much money. write as often as you like i don't go anywhere, know take care and thanks for writing to me.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:46 AM   #4  

Welcome to the both of you! So glad you found us and decided to post. This is a long long tough journey. BUT look around, know that this IS possible. manys ups and downs and times where you'll want to scream and give up. But here, there is always someone who will inspire you and encourage you to keep fighting. Post and read often and in no time, you will be inspired.

Hope to see you both often, wishing you the best along you're way..
Old 04-22-2002, 10:06 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 01:50 PM   #6  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey Majestical -

The great thing about these boards is that there are always at least 2 of us "trolling" them throughout the day... and available to talk if you need to, via email or on the boards.

Feel free to email me if you need to, any time!!

[email protected]

Yahoo Messanger: BA99TJ
AOL Instant messanger: BA99TJ
Old 04-22-2002, 06:48 PM   #7  

Welcome girls. All of us here have a lot to loose so we are all here for the long haul. Hope you read and post often.

Carol
Old 04-22-2002, 10:13 PM   #8  

Default Thanks for all the Welcomes and support

Thanks for everyone posting back to us newbees. Most clubs I have joined hardly ever reply back. it ment alot. I have been on my diet for a week now. I feel that i am doing alot better then times before. I am so very determined this time. Is there anything special diet anyone is doing? exp. diet pills weight loss programs etc?
Old 04-23-2002, 09:07 AM   #9  

I am not following a diet pill weightloss program nor a "diet". Just something I can live with. Sadly, I found out too many times, with an extreme diet, the weight comes back very very quickly, plus lbs. So, am trying to form a new lifestyle and change my eating habits and lifestyle habits along the way. I never want to go back to where I was. And I know how easy it to do in no time.

What is you're "plan" on losing weight? I follow a diet restricted with carbs. I started it because I was diagnosed with PCOS and being insulin resistant. I've never felt better when am following my "program".

Everyone is different, and different things work for everyone. Key is to experiment..and the 3 main things everyone must follow to achieve a weightloss:

1. Lots and lots of water, so much that you spend at least 10 minutes every hour of you're day running to the bathroom.

2. Exercise. Any form of exercising, but as long as you're booty is moving and sweating.

3. Food, smart, healthy choices. I've learned that nomatter what plan you may follow or diet...the closer a food is to it's original "form", the better it is. Processed foods are horrible for everyone. My motto: Eat like a caveman. But am sure alot of ppl would disagree with me.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:54 AM   #10  
Sweating the pounds off

S/C/G: 360/301.7/199

Height: 5'6 ... I'm shrinking vertically when I'd rather shrink horizontally.

Question Can I join?

I posted on the "Find a Buddy" forum but I thought it might be more appropriate to come over here since I've got a lot of weight to loose.

Once in high school I got down to 118lbs (I'm 5'8) on a diet of dexitrim, boullion and dry toast - not the healthiest way to go for sure. Once I stopped the *speed* the weight slowly crept up, probably sitting at about 140lbs for the next few years. (Though my driver's license always said 130lb!) Though 140lbs was most definitely a great weight for me, surrounded by the stick like frames of most of my classmates I felt positively huge.

After college my weight creeped up again, and was about 170lb when I married in 1993. I was always much thinner on top (that's definitely changed now) with a pear shaped frame and a huge ballgown, I was able to fit into a size 10 wedding dress.

When I got pregnant with my first daughter in 1994, I guess I took "eating for two" to a new extreme - I gained 10 lbs in my first month and was up to 270lbs by the time I delivered. After delivering my 2nd daughter in 1997, I was able to diet and exercise down to 205lbs. Soon I stopped though and continued to eat like a fool and *never* move my butt - which got me all the way up to 250lbs.

Since then, I've been feeling worse and worse - I'm only 32 but my body aches when take my first step in the morning. My back hurts, my knees hurt ... I'm a complete mess. I've heard that anorexics can look in the mirror and see someone *bigger* than what they really are - I've always looked in the mirror and saw someone smaller ... does that make any sense? I've always seen someone smaller until about a month ago I was in my mother in laws new home and didn't realize there was a mirror in the hallway - I was caught off guard and shocked at how HUGE I'd become.

After doing a bunch of research online, I was drawn to vegetarian sites. I read a blurb about an author named John Robbins who had written this book (in 1987 - shows how well I'm up on current publications! LOL) called "A Diet for A New America". I bought the book about a week ago and it's completely changed how I think. It's not a *diet* book per se, it's more about how food choices affect your health.

So many light bulbs have gone off it my head in that week, and I'm changing my life around day by day. I've completely cut meat out of my diet, and about 4 days ago stopped drinking the 6 pack of pop a day I used to consume. Yesterday, I started walking. Going around my "block" (I live in the country) is almost a mile and there are some gentle slopes (too small to be considered hills!) and I was hoping to God a neighbor wouldn't want to talk to me because I was completely out of breath. But I did it and I plan to do it every single day.

I've still got a lot to change - I'm a smoker and a coffee drinker too. In the past, when trying to lose weight, I've cut out everything cold turkey. But this time it's a lifestyle change - my eating and lifestyle habits took a long time to get so crappy, I can't possibly think I'll change them *all* in a day. So I've cut out pop and have been drinking water by the gallon it seems. And hopefully, within the next few weeks I'll cut out (or down) my coffee and cigs.

I think I'm in it for the long haul this time. I hope.

I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered I've lost 10lbs since last week - I'm sure it's the effect of cutting soda out completely. But hey, the scale doesn't lie and I'm a happy girl right now.

Sorry for the novel ... if you got through it congratulations! And I hope to chat with you soon!

R
250/240/150
Old 04-23-2002, 11:02 AM   #11  

Hello:

It certainly is encouraging to join a group and feel so welcome...

Everyone seems so motivated and you have such great tips and ideas.

I am new to this site but not new to the diet world...Finally I am ready to forget about the fad diets and change my eating for health. I have chosen to count calories and lower my fat intake..No magic here!!

My starting weight is 246 and my goal weight is 140 lbs.. and to maintain that weight!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:10 AM   #12  
Sweating the pounds off

Hi Tazz ...

I actually joined this site last year then promptly got discouraged and deleted this site from my "favorites." But hopefully, I'm here to stay this time!

We've actually got about the same amount to lose - hopefully we all can keep each other motivated and on track.

Now if I could get off this computer and move my butt!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:59 AM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

Welcome to ALL of you!! Just so you know, we have lots of threads for you to post on.

Our Exercise Tracking Thread - Butt Movers
Our Water Drinking Thread - Water
Our "weekly" daily post thread - has # in front of it.. I think we're at 152 or something.
We also have a Question of the Day thread which anyone can start...
Old 04-23-2002, 01:33 PM   #14  

Wink hi all

thanks to all my new pals, hop your all having a geat day i weight in monday lost three pounds trying to loose ten pounds a month any good ideas. know i'm 284lbs. talk soon ok hugs to all.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:24 PM   #15  
Sweating the pounds off

Hi Majestical ...

Congrats on those 3 lbs!! That's completely awesome ... it's fun to be a loser isn't it?

As for ideas, I can only tell you what I did. I cut every bit of meat out of my diet - no beef, no pork, no chicken. Poof - gone! I've done a quite a lot of research in the last two weeks about vegetarian eating ... and that's what I'm trying to stick with. And so far, so good!

I've also switched to fat free milk in my cereal and added TONS of rice, veggies and fruit to my diet.

And a biggie here for me ... I cut out drinking soda COMPLETELY! I've got a water bottle by my side as I write this ... the more water, the better! And it's true what they say, the more water you drink, the more you want!

I've also started walking a mile a day - it's actually been kinda tough (some of it is uphill) but I'm doing it!

And you know what? I FEEL so much better!!! In this last week I've had much more energy, haven't had any headaches ... I just feel pretty gosh darned good!!

Keep up the good work ... and I'm here if ya need to chat!

R
250/240/150
Closed Thread