Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 151.4/142.6/137

Height: 5'6

Unhappy I screwed up last night...

I ate 2850 calories.....I just lost it....I was a little hungry, so I had a 200 call snack which would have put me at 1400 for the day. Well I decided to just have one granola bar, well that led to 8......I didn't weigh this morning...I was afarid of what I'd see. I'll weigh in a week when things have settled. I figure I really haven't gained anything, it'll be the water weight....why did I do this? I was doing so well.....I'm back on it today with a vengence... I just walked 7.5 miles and I'm back on plan...
3kiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #2  
Skinny Here I Come!

S/C/G: 230/229.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Good for you for not giving up!!
Everyone has those times when they just
go a wee bit crazy
Just remember it is in the past and move on from there...
I'm sure you will do great!
Layla316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #3  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hey, everyone eats off plan (and even waaay off plan) now and again. That was yesterday, let it stay there. You realized what you did, you acknowledged it, and you're back OP today. I say -- two steps forward and one step back still gets you to where you're going!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Two things: So you ate an extra 1400 calories yesterday - that's about 1/2 a pound, give or take. So if you stay on plan the rest of the week, then you won't lose as much - but it's not like you'll have packed on multiple pounds from your indulgence. So breathe! You'll be ok.

Next ... think about this statement: "Well I decided to just have one granola bar, well that led to 8."

"That" led to 8? What is "that"? The invisible hand that fed you granola? What you mean is YOU ate 8 granola bars. And at some point you had the power to stop yourself and say "why am I eating this? do I want it? do I need it? am I hungry?"

What you have to do is remember that YOU are the boss of you, not the food that you're eating. And YOU, as the boss, can say "nuh-uh. no more!"

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #5  

Exactly! You're back on track, that's all that matters. Think about it this way: how many years did it take to accumulate whatever weight you are now at? One little granola splurge isn't going to undo all your hard work.

But I definitely agree with PhotoChick. You weren't slammed against a wall and granola bars shoved down your throat. I think every weight loss plan should include a wee bit of soul-searching--I highly doubt those little granola bars were such an orgasmic treat that they made you lose all control.
Phoenixflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #6  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Two Saturdays ago I ate 6 cinnabun minis at the mall. I knew it was wrong, but hey, I ate it. The next day I continued on the right path and everything worked out. I find that I do go off track once in a while, but it's nothing major. What you did wasn't anything major. Just get back on track and keep going. When you feel like you want to eat like that again just log onto 3FC, tell us and we'll post you some things that will change your mind.

Cheer up!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #7  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Don't let this one night determine your mind set for the next few days. Just get right back to it!
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #8  

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the comments, it's helpful. I really need to think about what I'm doing, instead of mindless eating. I just wanted the sugar taste I think. Thank God I've stayed on plan today. I will wiegh in next Thursday to give myself a week for the scale to be okay. I'll probably only lose a pound this week due to my feast but I'll take it!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #9  

I gotta say, mindless eating is the thing that got me the worst. I could put down an entire bag of chips - not in a "binge" type of eating. I was rarely a "binge" eater. But I would sit down with a bag of chips or a plate of cracker and cheese or a bowl of something ... and just mindlessly eat the whole thing. Afterward, I wouldn't even really have any memory of eating what I ate - much less enjoying it.

The more I think about what I'm eating and why, the better I do. If I decide I want something sweet, I now stop and think about exactly what I want, instead of grabbing the first sweet thing that comes to hand.

It's a tough mindset to change ... but once you do, it does get easier.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Maybe you should consider upping your calories? I'm your height and I'm eating 1400 calories a day and still losing.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #11  

I'm thinking it was PMS, she came today....sigh....no wonder I felt so moody. I'm good at 1200-1300, I'm actually full because I eat so many veggies and whole grains.....oatmeal is awesome, so are green beans....both really fill you up with low calories...I'm hoping to maintain at around 1500-1600 calories.....we'll see.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #12  

Also, ok, this might be a bit silly, but here's what I do so that I don't feel deprived of dessert-esque food.

I really make it mean something.

For instance, to curb a sweet tooth, I'll take half a banana as a dessert. But just gobbling down a banana is mundane and snacky. Instead, I split it into four or five pieces on a nice plate and microwave it for 15 seconds. Then I drizzle on a bit of Torani sugar-free flavored syrup (0 cal), add some fat free Reddie Freddie whip cream (5 cal), and sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon. Viola, a healthy, delicious, very pretty sweet treat.

Simple things can make food look, smell, and taste better without adding calories. Chicken instantly tastes amazing with some rosemary, for example. Choosing to eat healthy actually made me a better cook because I had to rely on more than oils and butters. Humans are ultra sensual creatures. When you entice the senses, you get more satisfaction.
Phoenixflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:30 PM   #13  

Quote:
For instance, to curb a sweet tooth, I'll take half a banana as a dessert. But just gobbling down a banana is mundane and snacky. Instead, I split it into four or five pieces on a nice plate and microwave it for 15 seconds. Then I drizzle on a bit of Torani sugar-free flavored syrup (0 cal), add some fat free Reddie Freddie whip cream (5 cal), and sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon. Viola, a healthy, delicious, very pretty sweet treat.
this is such good advice. Taking time to present your food nicely really makes a difference, I've found. Like you said, just scarfing down a banana is boring. But making it a treat is satisfying emotionally as well as physically.