South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Friday's Frolick!

Good morning... Just got back from walking dogs, got the coffee brewing and thought to stop in and say hello.

Thinking of Ruth in this dire time!

For the first time since July I'm looking forward to the weekend! This has been one long week! I don't mind the work, but it'd help if the girl I'm helping out took better notes! I must of gotten yelled at no less than 7 times yesterday! The collections I was told to make, some of them have been discussing it with the girl I'm helping and I didn't know it. I'm just doing what I'm told. It seems they have replaced literally every one of the people that used to be at the company in the accounting department (and I believe in other departments as well). The longest anyone in the accounting department has been there is a year, everyone else mostly this summer, except the controller, who's only been here two years. Whats more, the girl I'm helping, the girl in Accounts Receivable/collections, didn't even know to look at ups bills for proof of delivery! OH well!

Scale up this am .

Have a good day all.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

TGIF!

LORIANN, that company you're temping for sounds pretty unstable! It's a good thing it's only a temporary job for you, you probably wouldn't be there very long if you were a regular at the rate they're going.

We're going to spend the afternoon at an indoor play-park with one of Maggie's friends, and I'm hoping right after Audrey gets home that I can make it an early day.
Anybody watch Survivor? I was soooo hoping that Ace would be voted off, he's so arrogant! Crystal sure doesn't perform like an Olympic athlete, either, and her attitude needs some adjustment.
I'm looking forward to a lazy weekend with no plans in the forecast.

to you, Ruth. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, it's a big company with this office as the head quarters and divisions all across country and in other countries! I think they got rid of the people in the offices and reorganized its staff. Now we are spending a lot of clean up time. Things not filed, credits not applied to invoices and rma's not even issued, po's non existant and it's ALL paper, nothing is scanned! YIkES!

That play date sounds fun!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Loriann- Good thing this is a temp job! I can't imagine yelling at someone who is just filling in. Sounds like a miserable environment to work in.

Cottage - Sounds like a fun afternoon. I hope it's an early start to the weekend for you

Ruth

It will be a quiet day here. DP feels pretty good so I will go out and run some errands later. Our freezer is filling with meals. Apparently that Italian gene just won't be suppressed -even though DP has had no appetite for weeks I've been cooking like a fiend. I've been eating some and freezing some. I'm sure that when she's up and around and we're back to our regular day trips and adventures we will be happy to have all those warm homemade meals waiting for us! Today it's more bread, more Nessa bars, another crockpot stew & pumpkin bread, oh and apples in the dehydrator! I'm excited that I might get a walk outside too. It looks like a lovely fall day today.

Hope the sun is shining where you are!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Lori - Good luck! Nothing like an annoying job to drag you down. You're right though, money is money...

Cottage - have fun at the play park, and hope the weekend is lazy!

Cyndi - I'm amazed at all the stuff you get done...I need some inspiration!

Me - Parent-teacher conference this am (first one ever, that I'm the parent anyway!), then off for a run, then cleaning. Honest, I'm going to clean today! Then, another s-l-o-w day at work.

Enjoy the day!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #6  

Goodmorning ladies

Thanks for the well wishes regarding my cold. Heather, ty for the reply as well : ). I don't remember colds ever getting such a grip on me when I was younger, they are just so much hardier now! I felt well enough to do some cooking yesterday and I am thankful for that. I had bought a bunch of veggies earlier that needed to be cooked and I also made some bkd. haddock. I made enough so that I wont have to cook today.

Lorianne, you tell those people if they yell at you again we are going to come and kick their butts! Doesn't sound like a good day yesterday and with such a big reorganization at once, I bet nerves are flying over there. I agree with the others, good thing it's just a temp position and it's just for now. Happy Friday , Hope you have a nice weekend and get some time to play with your new puppy! : ) They already got their morning walk, lucky pups!

Cottage, have a nice time at the indoor park today. I saw that you gals started a crockpot thread, tyvm : ).

Cyndi, I'm glad that DP is feeling better and that surgery #1 went well, thoughts and prayers out to you both. Having all those nice homecooked meals together when she is up and around, etc. sounds great! Glad you have the sunshine over there, enjoy your walk : ).

It was freezing here this morning (in Mass), only 29 degrees! We are s upposed to have a warm up the next few days though (up to 60) and sunshine. I always feel so much better when it's sunny, even if it's cold. The woodstove insert we bought was a worthy investment, it really is efficient at heating up the house and we havn't needed to use the oil all that much thus far.
Not sure what I am going to do today. If I feel better, I am going to get ready and get my tail over to the store to pick up some medicine (DH was away for a few days on business). Other than that, hopefully I can putter a bit around here and keep busy......

Hope you all have a great day and a super weekend ladies, happy friday to you all.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. DS is excited that it's Friday. It's been a long week for him trying to get caught up in school. Long week for both of us! Plus, we will have a birthday cake for him tonight at my mom's pizza night. Last Friday was his birthday and we celebrated at Disney World, but we haven't had the family event yet.
Gaa, I'm not really looking forward to the weekend, so much to do yet, and my house is such a mess! Groceries, work, yard work, make DD's Halloween costume. I bought some Spree candies for DD to give out for her campaign, and I got into them yesterday. I don't even like them that much. Doesn't bode well for having Halloween candy around. I don't plan to give out candy, I bought some awesome Halloween goblets after the holiday last year. They were about 10 cents each, so I bought 50, and I've got glow sticks to hand out as well. But the kids will bring plenty of candy home. Thinking to do Ph1 all next week so as to be in a better place when the bad stuff is around.

Twynn, what fun to see things from the other side! I wonder if teachers hate to have teachers as customers, like doctors hate to treat doctors. Or maybe it makes things easier.
Cyndi, glad DP is feeling better. Sounds like you have a busy day planned filled with fun stuff!
cottage, wish I could be talking Survivor with you, but I'll catch up one day. Just don't tell me who wins! I envy your lazy weekend.
Loriann, sorry the temp job is turning out such a mess. Maybe they will need help so badly they will want to keep you around. Of course, you might not want to stay!

ETA: simulposting with fullsteam. Feel better!

Happy Friday all!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 10-24-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Twynn - I don't have any little ones running around so it does make it easier. I think my Italian Grandmother likes to sit on my shoulder and tsk when I sit still too long

FullSteam - We're a few degrees colder here and everything is coated with ice this morning from the dreaded freezing fog. I'm starting the countdown to snow tires. Yuck!

SChmoodle - What a great idea for treats! We don't get any trick or treaters here so don't need to worry about it. I'm not sure I'd manage with candy in the house. Would have to buy something I hate like gummy things.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi, problem is there are very few candies I dislike! And when it's the only thing around (like the Spree), I seem to like it better. And the other issue is that they will bring home lots of things I love. Chocolate with nuts, yum, yum. They don't like most things with nuts so it will sit in their bags and drive me crazy. I think I'd better pull out the stuff they don't like right away and trash it this year. If I have the will...
I love seeing the trick or treaters come around though, so fun. We don't get a ton of kids, because most of them go to the subdivisions nearby. But some parents like to walk through town and see the old houses decorated. Lots of them have old folks in them that don't participate though. But I figure the better my treats, the more kids I'll get every year.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie post to let you Chickies know that I'm doing just fine. I have been expecting this for over four years, you know.
I think I have everything in hand except for a lawyer trip next week so am just getting on with Life. The service will be next Thursday morning.
Thanks so much for all the hugs and prayers. They truly help.
I'm not feeling really chatty but will be popping in and out - so behave!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Well yesterday was rather interesting.. someone bought a washer dryer that are stackable and had to sell em cause he lost his job, they are brand new in box and my father got em for $450 altogether.. it's good cause we needed a new washer n dryer anyway cause ours were all rusted.

Besides that, i've been drinking diet rite (which is like the cheapest diet soda and has no caffeine, no sodium, nada) and i swear it has a diuretic in it or something, been going to the bathroom alot more than usual, lol.. but im not gonna complain.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Busy day at work so again no time for personals, hope everyone has a Great day today will try to post later.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #13  

Ruthhh! Nice to hear from you, I am glad your okay. Shucks, do we have to behave? Take care of yourself sweet lady

Schmoodle, ty! What a great idea about the glow sticks!!! I really like that idea. I'm really not looking forward to having candy in the house, I'm thinking to go get it the night before or even that morning and cover the bowl up when its out until the kids come so it's not staring me in the face! lol. I do the same thing with the treats!!!!! : ) we always give them a lot because we want to entice them in the future.

Jellybean, congrats on the new washer/dryer combo, sounds like a great deal.

Morning Pearlrose : ) hope you have a great day too.

Well, I better get my tail moving. Talk soon.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Its Friday!

Cottage heres hopin for a short day

Loriann i hope everything works out with the job/company situation

Cyndi to DP

Mornin Schmoodle stay far far away from that candy

Ruth so glad to hear from you - take care of yourself we will be here behaving ourselves waiting for your full return

Jelly thats a great deal your dad got

Hiya Pearl

Full 29* boy is that cold - I DO NOT like cold weather.

Day 5 for the shred video. Family dinner tonight. Saturday night a whole lot of us are going to a Halloween party and then Sunday is church, Jags game and softball game so looks like a full weekend for me.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls, not much time this morning.

SOSO for me. Have some errands to run this afternoon. Need to pick up a new shoe rack and some groceries for tomorrow night's gathering.

Have a great day, girls!
Closed Thread