South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Thursday's Thoughts!

Good morning all! I'm starting this in fear I might be a thread breaker once again! Last two nights I post and all posting stopped!

Warmer this morning than yesterday, and no snow. Puppy seemed to like the snow! Speaking of puppy.... trying to think of names.... so far, Cody, Jesse,(pronounced Jessy)... Andy, Max, but I know any and max are common as is cody. Thats alright.... Anyone have thoughts for a male golden retriever who's a Gentle sole? The other name I was thinking is Ben, as in Gentle Ben ... Papers will say something like Sire Gentle Ben Gurnall Walkington. Gurnall and walkington are two of, if not the most, favorite authors of mine.

I'm still upset about the deal with unemployment, I hope to get it resolved today.

Lisa, still praying for your job.

Didn't see Nessa in the daily yesterday?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to you, Loriann, and thanks for starting us up. I hope you get the unemployment thing resolved without a lot of red tape! Your report of snow last night sure did give me a jolt! It's way too early for snow!

Yesterday was busy, busy, busy! Since the construction guys had another bit of drilling to do, we decided it would be fruitless to try to clean, so I took Maggie out for some new winter clothes instead. She's extremely fussy about what she'll wear, and we ended up going to 4 different stores. We did get her some very cute outfits, though, and she promised to wear everything. Afterwards, we had to rush like mad to get over to the school to pick up Audrey in time and get both the girls to gymnastics! I'll have to take Audrey out one day for some new clothes, too, but at least she's not near as particular as her sister!

Lisa, any news on the job prospect yet?

Schmoodle, your DD sounds like a real go-getter! I hope she wins in the primaries!

Stephanie, that's a great idea about hanging the wet sheet, it makes a lot of sense!

Laurie, ooh! You got to see Mama Mia!!!!!! I'm so jealous!

Heather, I can't agree with you more, regarding The Biggest Loser. The show has really seemed to lose it's focus. I really only watch it because there's nothing else on at the time. It's so unrealistic, though.

Zeffryn, I hope everything's alright.

I'm trying to get a load of laundry done and am making a crockpot full of Loriann's Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole before I have to leave this morning. I want to try to stop in at Kohl's on my way, too. I noticed yesterday that my favorite Bali bras are on sale and meant to get a couple yesterday, but we didn't have time.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:11 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies,

Popping in to say hi. I hope that you are all well.

Cottage, I bet those cottage rolls are yummy. Have a nice time shopping today.

Lorianne, I think that name sounds great! The one you are thinking to put on his papers. Hope everything works out regarding the unemployment issue.

Well ladies, as for me.......I caught a nasty cold so have been laid up a bit. Aside from an off OP sat. night meal (and too many grains) plus 2 servings of grains yesterday versus 1, it's been an OP week. Today is the last day of week 3 for me, I weigh in tomorrow. I am so glad I took the advice of freezing a meal/meals......it was my saving grace last night as I was not feeling well to cook!

Hope you all have a wonderful day

Oh, has anyone seen femme? hope she is okay...I need to catch up with the threads.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone

Cottage, I have to agree with you regarding biggest loser, not sure that I care for the direction the show is going in.

Lorianne, Hope you have a good day

Fullsteamahead, I hope that you get to feeling better.

Today is at work day and then home to go to DD2 Parent Teacher conference- other than that not much going on

Have a great day
Old 10-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, not much going on around here. It is a beautiful sunny day, but very cold. Nose to the grindstone today, I hope to accomplish a lot and don't have to go anywhere until DD's dance class at 7:30 tonight.
I ate some sugar free hard candies yesterday, and boy was my stomach churning. No flatulence fortunately because I was sitting in that meeting last night and that would have been so embarassing. But my stomach was making the loudest noises! Even this morning I still feel a little queasy. When will I learn?

I guess Nessa has been busy with the new pup.
Loriann, good luck with getting the unemployment straightened out and have a great day at work tomorrow.
Hope you are feeling better fullsteam.
Good morning Pearl!
cottage I made that cabbage a couple of days ago, it was yummy. It makes a lot. Plus I added extra cabbage.
Jenski, I think you asked about my DH yesterday. He is not military. He's merchant marine (commercial/contractor shipping), and has been out on a trip since early July. Home in a few weeks!

Gotta get DD to school. Have a good one chicks! BBL
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Can yall smell it - the weekend is almost here.

Humid, wet and windy here today and suppose to last into tomorrow

Loriann i too have been wondering about nessa

Cottage i love clothes shopping can i go next time

Full i hope you get to feeling yourself real soon

Pearl hope all goes well at the confrence

schmoodle those sugar free candies do the same to me so i stay far far away

Today will make day 4 for the 30 day shred and I am lovin this workout - I'm a sweaty mess when done and I feel like I have really accomplished something.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I fell into a vat of carbs yesterday. . .today I have to sit at a table of baked goods for 2 hours during lunch! Help!!
Swamped ARG! hopefully bbl
Old 10-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies!

Not alot to report here, I am a little worried about DD senior pictures on Saturday we are planning on doing mostly outdoor shots and now they are calling for rain. Just my luck!

For those worried about Zeff (as I was) I don't think she will mind if I just say she is ok.

Lisa you have got to be on pins and needles about this job, I know I am for you!

Well I must get my butt to work and make something happen. Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Thursday!

Loriann - I can't believe it's snowing where you are!! It was 92 degrees here yesterday. If I think of any good names, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cottage - Good job finding things for the little one to wear. Good luck getting to Kohl's today. Hope you're able to find what you need.

Fullsteam - Hope you feel better today. Re: Femme, I know she got a gym membership and is now working in the classroom as teacher. I know she's super busy, but I'm sure she's fine AND checks in every now and again.

Pearlrose - Good luck with the parent conference today!

Schmoodle - Confession time.....I sat in a meeting about a month ago and my stomach was a wreck. And I was not as fortunate as you. Quite embarrassing!!! Hope your tummy feels better soon!

Gonnabe - Don't you just love seeing results when you're done exercising. I feel like I've accomplished so much more when I end up a sweaty mess. Keep it up!!!

KO - Great new avatar. Good luck sitting at the bake sale today!

Me - Yesterday was LONG. We've got an in-service at work tomorrow that we're trying to throw together AND we're prepping for our school to be reviewed by the state to renew our accreditation. There's SO MUCH to do!!!! I stayed late last night, and will probably stay late again today. I'm currently pulling together a survey that our students did for a game of "faculty feud" to play at the in-service. It should be lots of fun, but boy is it a task pulling all of that information together!!!
Tonight I'm looking forward to Survivor, but other than that it'll be a quiet night, hopefully!!!
Have a good one!!!
ENJOY!

-----------------------------
Stephanie - you snuck in.....Thanks for checking in on Zeff for us. And I hope all goes well with your DD's pics. Maybe you could reschedule??

Last edited by hmacneil6; 10-23-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Snow! I pray not--I love the stuff, but it's MUCH too early! I remember we got snow on Halloween one year, and that was way too early for me. I like the fall warmth. Supposedly we're going to be in the 60's tomorrow. I hope so!

Yesterday was busy, but I got out of food and mood early, so that helped. I got to bed before 12:30, and I'm proud of that. My nutritionist and everyone are really on my back to get more sleep--they think it's the major cause of my weight issues at this point, since food and exercise are pretty good. We'll see how it goes!

Full Steam!

KO, you look gorgeous!!!! Love the avatar change! If I were you, I'd just prop a hand mirror on the table with the goodies and wouldn't be tempted a bit everytime I looked at how pretty I was!

Hope you all have a great day and stay warm!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hi everyone- no time to post for personals right now, although, its pretty quiet in here today....

HOpe everyone has a great day- I am off to try to find some new workpants at the mall... and to try to get my mind off food- for some reason I feel like I am starving today!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #12  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hello everyone. Quiet board today. I watched the biggest loser last night and I am NOT liking it this season! They are so MEAN!! Too bad they are there for the wrong reasons.
Gonnabe - I listen to Jillian's radio show on poscast everyweek and it has made me want to get that DVD. I did request a few of her books from the library. I need to get over there to pick them up.
I think I finally understand the key to my weightloss. I feel like I am in a good place now and what I am doing is working, although I don't feel like I am working that hard. People are really starting to notice, which is AWESOME! DH had some nice things to say yesterday which made me so excited. He sees me everyday, but he took a good long look yesterday and pointing out WHERE he saw differences. That makes me so happy!
Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Jen - I'm so glad you are finding success! I agree, I'm not really enthused by this season of BL. They are really catty.

-

Ok, so...thanks for the kind words....I think I'm a 3fc addict. DS is napping and I'm relaxing with a cup of tea...house is clean. The box that I received the other day DID contain a Dyson...and my house loves it. I even vacuumed my kitty - which he loved!

Has anybody heard from Jessie? I wonder if she's having that baby!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Jen glad your finding success and that your dh is noticing - that does make us feel good.

Zeff glad to hear from you. Per Jessies blog (last time I checked) she has not had the baby

KO I am lovin your new avatar - you look lovely
Old 10-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #15  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Zeff, nice to see your smiling face back in these neck of the woods!

I guess I am so excited because I FINALLY found something that works for me! I would do WW in the past and it would take months and months to lose 10 lbs, and by that time I was so frustrated I would give up!! I don't feel like I am on a "diet" and I am enjoying finding new recipes and trying new foods. Just staying away from baked goods (except our SB ones!!) and processed foods make a huge difference!

Thanks for all the support. I wouldn't have gotten this far without this site. So many great ideas and inspirations stories!

Something important to add: this isn't a "diet" for me. I can live with this way of eating!! That is the bonus!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 10-23-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Closed Thread