South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #1  
Creative Beacher

Default SB Friendly Canned Soups

Can anyone recommend some good SB phase 2 friendly canned soups? I searched the forum and found soup recipes (which sound delicious and I definately want to try) but I also want to find some easy canned soups. I don't care for tomato soup and it seems like all the others either have wheat or noodles or lots of sugar.
merryalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've yet to find one. Most of them are loaded with starch and the salt content is way up there. I think Progresso Lentil Soup is OK aside from the salt. The Good Fat, Good Carbs guide lists a few - beef barley, black bean, chicken noodle - but they all contain "naughty" ingredients. I hope you do make your own - you can start with canned broth.

Nice to see you back posting.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #3  
Creative Beacher

Thanks Ruth. I guess I will just break down and make my own. : ) It will be something new!
merryalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi, I know what you mean,I think...it's nice having something fast,and easy. I read,or got the info.somewhere that sb can have Progresso Lentil soup...I love it,and it' come in handy on occasion..of course as with so many of the ready made foods,the salt content is high.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #5  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the progresso lentil soup- but as said before the sodium is very high. I have been making my own lentil and sausage soup on teh boards here and its great-

If I am really wanting some easy comfort food I will take a can of progresso lentil soup and boil on the stove... mix an egg with some 100%ww flour and stir till doughy- then plop little dumplings into the soup and cook until they are cooked through- so yummy, for p2 of course!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I have used the Progresso Lentil soup, also some of Amy's organic soups (Lentil and Southwestern I think) for occasional use. I have picked out the corn or other objectionable ingredients from some canned soups. I think if they're not used very often, they're OK.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote