Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #1  
Skinny Here I Come!

S/C/G: 230/229.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Default How often do you weigh?

I know the standard seems to be every week, but I was wondering if some of you had different ways of doing things... As for me I try to weigh everyday because I think it keeps me on track better
Layla316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Every day works for me too.

I have a little trick lately to keep myself encouraged. I weigh myself then shuck my jammie drawers and weigh again. I know that if I'm on plan, I will see that slightly lighter weight soon ... even dressed in my pyjamas.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #3  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Everyday although I need to stop. It's not healthy for me. I need to do it once a week.
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

daily, sometimes twice a day, or even three.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Once a week officially. I do sneak a peek sometimes during the week, but I'm trying to get away from that. I don't think more than once a week is healthy. That's my opinion though of course.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #6  
FB

Each and every day, without fail. NOT weighing myself is what got me into this mess in the first place. Now that I don't skeeve over fluctuations I say knowledge is power, no matter how little use that knowledge (the scale) can be at times.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #7  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

I weigh myself every day, but I only count Fridays weigh in number as what I have lost or gained. I find that weighing myself every day lets me know how things are going and helps to keep me focused.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #8  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I weigh every day before I get in the shower, but if I couldn't weigh everyday I would at least try for once a week, and my weight fluctuates some days so I dont count it as a true weight until I've weighed at that at least 2 days in a row, and if it's TOM that I know its wrong!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I weigh every day, and I jot it down in my food log. But I only "count" the Sunday weight as official and that is what I use for my ticker.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

I try to weigh only on the weekends, but often sneak in weigh ins during the week which actually discourage me.

I am so obsessive about it I have two scales and compare the two. One is a a Healthometer with the large dial display, and the other is a digital Tanita (used my 20% off Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupon to buy it) which measures more precisely to .1 increments as well as body fat.

They both line up closely, but sometimes the Tanita helps me feel more encouraged because it shows smaller increments and small gains (like a 1/2 pound loss in the middle of the week if I just can't wait until Saturday for the weigh in).
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #11  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I try to weigh every week, because every day seems to obsessive to me. I would have the tendency to panic if there is any fluctuation in the up direction and try to compensate. I am trying to be more easygoing about the scale because I'm more concerned with getting to a size rather than a weight.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

Every day, and I count my weight loss from 7 days ago. I find that even when my weight goes up from 1 day to the next, it's still down from 7 days ago. If the rolling 7 day weight is up, then it's time to reassess my weight loss strategy.
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I weigh every morning, right after I get out of the shower.

My "official" weight (for ticker, and website and so forth) is the Monday figure.

This works for me for a couple of reasons.

First is that I do better knowing what my daily/weekly/monthly variations are. From weighing every day, I can see the pattern when I stop losing right before my TOM, and where I eat something salty and gain water weight, or when I have a really tough workout and retain water. Knowing that makes it easier when I see on a Monday that the scale is up or that I haven't lost anything ... because I can generally tell *why* instead of just freaking out that my weekly weigh in was high.

Second is that I know myself and I know that weighing is not something that becomes an obsession with me. Nor do I freak out about the scale. So it's not a big deal for me to weigh daily. If it were something that I got depressed over or freaked out over or otherwise emotionally involved, I probably would try to avoid it. But for me the scale is a good motivator and a good indicator for me .. and nothing more.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #14  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

I weigh everyday and change my ticker accordingly. But if I have been on track with eating and exercising and there is a rise, I do not record it because I know it will go away soon. And so far, it always has.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #15  
No description available.

I weigh everyday. Yes, there are fluctuations and I have discovered a lot about how my body fluctuates.

What is right for an individual is right for that individual. Some people do well not weighing at all.

The National Weight Control Registry indicates that regular evaluation of progress helps people be successful at maintaining. It is helping me.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote