Old 10-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Lifestyle calories on Fit Day

Hey all. I've been using Fit Day to count calories. I entered my "normal" lifestyle as seated, some movement. I have to walk to subways and from subways and up and down stairs and a few blocks here and there during the day. I also also to go up two flights of stairs to use my copier, printer, or fax machine. So I guess that counts as "some" movement right?

Anyway, at my weight it says that I use 2883 calories per day! Is this accurate do you think?

I guess I will have to weigh myself every now and again to change that daily estimate so its not over estimated, but that seems high.

In any event, I've been entering all my foods (including my coffees, which I now drink without sugar ) and all my exercise pretty religiously. Which is easy since I haven't done too too much. I run 25 mins 3 days a week on the Couch to 5-K program and do elliptical 2 days a week for 30 mins because the gym where I commute to for school is free. It says my average calories daily burned in the last two weeks was 3194 and average daily calories eaten was 1380.

That means I'm using 1814 less per day than I take in. This doesn't seem like it could possibly be right...what are the pitfalls of calorie counting that I am missing? What am I screwing up?
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/157/135

Height: 5'5.5"

I don't know how accurate those calorie-burning equations are. Everybody's body is just a little bit different. I find it's better to estimate on the lower end of things, rather than the higher.

I'm also wondering if 1380 calories is enough per day for you, with the weight you're at now and the amount of exercise you're doing. I suggest trying 1500-1600 for a little while. (There are lots of threads around here on this topic that explain much better than I can why it's important to eat more calories than maybe we think we "should.")
Dianeofnka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #3  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

When you put in all the information in the calculatior try putting in that you are sendentary. Usually this will give you a little more of an accurate place to start. I also agree that 1380 is not enough for you. If you are that low already that doesnt give you much wiggle room for a plateau. I personally think that 1900 might be a better place for you to start
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I think the numbers here are pretty good for most women.

I have myself set at Sedentary in FitDay - the last upgrade allows you to input your own number if you want to. I like this because even at Sedentary it seemed high to me.

Your best bet is a little experimentation to see where YOU are really at.

One last thing - I will admit to having a really hard time with this, but try not to eat more because you exercised.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote