South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Thoughts on the Beach

Where's Ruth?

Another stupendous day is shaping up, at least for the morning. We may get some sprinkles this afternoon. I'm really enjoying this gorgeous weather, though, and all the splendor of Fall's beauty.

I have to go over to Cindy's early this morning. Her MIL is coming over for me to wash and trim her hair, she's not able to do it since she just had shoulder surgery. Maggie's class is going on a field trip to a local orchard, so she's going to come home with more apples that we'll make into a pie this afternoon. I've been doing pretty well staying OP this week, hope I can keep it up!

Coffee?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday Thunder

It's raining here. Good for the plants. Not so good for being able to mow the lawn-that-hasn't-been-mowed-in-two-weeks! Ah well. Maybe it'll stop by the weekend.

Hi, by the way!

I'm going to try to get back to the board more often. It's been hard to find the time but I need to make it a priority. My pants-o-meter is blaring and I must get back on track.

This week I am focusing on getting all of my water in. So far, so good. I hadn't planned to incorporate food choices into this week's goals, but I happen to be making better picks in that department as well, so I'm not going to stop! Next week's goal is going to be upping the veggie servings. I think I'm running at a measly cup and a half or two cups max. Shameful, I know.

This is for Avery, who is looking over my shoulder:

Hey, look where we went last week:

Hugs to all!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 10-16-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

LOL

It took me so long to figure out another "TH" word that I simulposted, Linda! Morning!!!

Kara
Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Nice to see you, Kara! Yes, rainy days and Germany always seem to go together. You all look healthy and happy, Germany must be agreeing with you! Is that the colosseum in Rome?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks for merging the threads.

Yes, we went to Rome! Connor had two weeks off from school so we decided to take a trip, and the tickets to Rome were only 29 Euro each way! It was a really fun trip, especially since Connor studied the Roman Empire for about 2/3 of his history curriculum in homeschool last year. He had fun seeing all of the sights. The girls did, too, of course. And the lots of walking didn't hurt (although the gelato certainly did...).

Nice to be back.

Kara
Old 10-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh no! Cottage and Kara beat me! I was "elsewhere" griping about having to go to Synod for three days.

Kara, you look great and so do the kids. I won't mention that male hunk with you but oh my! I'm all atwitter.

Cottage, yet more apples? Orchard trips are fun and apple pie is yummy. Congrats on staying on track this week - I hope you blazed the trail for me as I am lagging far behind.

Lots to do this morning before leaving for Synod in Kingston for three days. I do hate having to be indoors in glorious weather but will try to be an adult and not gripe when I'm there. I have to present a paper tomorrow afternoon and will check for revisions this morning. No, I'm not nervous - yet! I've always had stage fright but know it disappears the minute I open my mouth. Wee Disney is going to the kennel which will not delight her but she needs to get used to it.

This isn't getting stuff done so I'm outta here. Hope your day is great. I may be able to check in from Kingston so everyone stay out of trouble.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:33 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, sorry, he's mine! He did get asked out on a date yesterday, though! One of the gate guards knew his name from checking his ID and e-mailed him (military addresses are firstname.lastname so they're easy to figure out). He got a huge head about the whole thing and strutted around all night. This is what I had to hear: "What do I do if she asks me out again? It's not like I can turn *this* (waving at his face) off!" He was joking so it was really funny, but I did make him go get his wedding ring and put it on. He's grossly negligent about wearing it and I wish he would get in the habit. For so long he worked electronics and couldn't wear any jewelry but now he's in the clear. Maybe I'll post a note on the front door to remind him...

How's your knee? Good luck at Synod!

Kara
Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Kara! It's nice to see you again and thanks for the adorable pictures Everyone looks healthy and happy.

Cottage - Congratulations for staying OP with all those apple yummies around. I need to pick another bushel myself while I still can.

Ruth - Sorry you will be stuck indoors for three whole days Are there breaks between sessions to run outside? I find that even a half hour walk around the building makes me feel a little better when stuck inside. We will miss you!

It's a meeting day for me today I'm going to get out at lunchtime for a walk if the rain holds off. It was so nice to be outside instead of on the treadmill. I made crunchy millet bread yesterday. It's pretty good and definitely different. My favorite part is still the baking bread smell though

Okay the cats are staring at me and making pathetic noises. Guess it's time for canned food. Have a good day everyone
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

((Kara)) I was asking about you Tuesday (or was it monday)... Glad to see you back, have missed your smiling face and posts! And what a handsome group! And I agree with Ruth, hang on to him!

Cottage, so nice of you to help cindy's MIL.... have fun with the orchard and baking!

HI Ruth! Hope you get everything done you need too!

cyndi HI!

Me: Well, busy day yesterday but finally got the tail light fixed and both turning signals.

After shopping DS and I stopped at a friends to pick up dishes they had for him. I just love their golden retriever (purebred) Buddy. I told them I was going to bring him home. Sally was saying "wait while I pack his food" while her husband Joe wouldn't hear of it. I did find out they spent 500 a couple weeks ago to have buddy stay in a kennel! I told them next time bring him over! He and Jade have already met and love one another!

Today is desk day, I have GOT to get this paper clutter GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'm with a student, so this is a fast to everyone. Hope you're having a great day!

Not much going on for me...DH convinced me last night (at 10:30...we didn't get home from Theology on Tap until 10:00!!!) to go to bed instead of getting the crock pot soup ready, so we're having that on the weekend, I guess. We have tons o' leftovers, so that's fine.

I did go on a bike ride yesterday and it was glorious. Sadly, it's raining here today.

Oh, Kara, I'm so HAPPY for you that you're taking advantage of where you live! What a special trip your kids will never, ever forget! The photos are fantastic...thanks for sharing! Good to see you!

Last edited by beachgal; 10-16-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning all.

i'm in dog mode totally

Kara thanks for posting pictures. good to see you and how lucky your kids are to be able to go there so young!

Harley is adjusting. he's attached to me that's for sure. Hannah is a bit jealous....

my food is pretty good but my weight is not.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning all!

Cottage- good for you for staying op with all those apple goodies around!
Kara- sounds like you have a plan!!! What a beautiful family you have!
Ruth- Have fun and try to get outside some! I hate being stuck in too!
Cyndi- Hi! Millet bread sounds good!
Loriann- so nice of you to offer your help in taking care of the pup- its always a relief for us not to have to kennel our pets when we're out of town! I trust my friends way more than any kennel!

As for me, I have the day off work it has been sooo slow. Lots to do though! I need to do thank you cards from the wedding, look at flooring, decorate for halloween~my fave!, little bit of laundry, stop at Hobby Lobby, and a few other misc! busy day!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #13  
Determined to lose!

Nessa, so glad Harley is warming up! Getting new pets is always fun! Just dont neglect Hannah!!!!!

Speaking of pups.... Jade wanted out at 4 am. It was raining and she hates the rain so I let her out without tieing her up and she took off. She doesn't go far but I didn't want to wait up for her so I got in my car, drove around the block, sat in the drive for a second and she showed up! (always works).

Then at 6 the phone rang. I SWEAR I'm going to change my number and not give it to the ex! he is close by and wanted to visit with Joe so called for his number!! GGGRRRRRRRR I've only given it to him a couple dozen times!

ETA: Hi RDW, enjoy your day off..... and yes, they did say they'd bring Buddy over next time. And they are always going on trips!!!!! . Buddy just loved me.... and when I walked in the door last night Jade was all over his scent!

Last edited by Loriann7; 10-16-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good almost Friday morning!

I had a good 50 minute weight workout lastnight - upper body, lower body and abs even talked dh in to doing too.

Cottage have a great day

Kara so glad to see you! Your family looks great.

Ruth I hope your 3 days Kingston goes well

Cyndi I think a walk at lunch time is the best it seems to refuel you for the rest of the day - Enjoy!

Loriann a back to ya

Laurie now would be a good time to start singing like we did when we were little - rain rain go away come back another day. Hope it works

Hang in there Nessa all will work itself out

After work I have to get my eyebrows done as dh says you don't want a unabrow (they are not that bad) then theres a walk away the lbs workout and then we are off to watch the fsu/north carolina game - can't wait - GO NOLES!

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Thursday!!!
Cottage - Could you do me a favor?? I need a crumble recipe to use for apples, but I haven't found one that's SBD approved. I know you bake all the time.....could you send some ideas my way?? Enjoy cutting hair today!

Kara - So good to see your happy smiley face!!! Glad to hear that things are going well for you in Germany. And great job by getting out and enjoying your surroundings. Take advantage while you can!!!!

Ruth - Sorry you've got meetings out of town for the next couple of days. I hope they're not too laborious and long. Have a safe trip!

Cyndi - Good luck staying entertained at your meetings today. Hope you're able to get out and walk.

Loriann - So what happened with the temp job??? Have a good day getting things organized in the office today!

Laurie - Sounds like you've been super busy lately. Hopefully this weekend you'll be able to calm down and take some time for yourself!

Nessa - Glad to hear that Harley is coming along. I'm sure he'll be comfortable with everyone very soon.

rdw - Thank you cards were the bane of my existence after my dh and I got married. Get them done asap. You'll feel so much better afterwords!

Gonnabe - You're exercising like crazy this week. Keep it up!!!!

Me - So my sis came over last night. While she was here she got a call that she got the job that she interviewed for on Tuesday, so dinner turned into a celebration. I'm so happy for her!!! AND we finally got the dishwasher installed. HOORAY!!! Tonight is all about Survivor. I think it's a good season so far. The weekend is shaping up nicely and the weather is cooling down. Should be nice.
And for those of you who shop at the Avenue.....I got an email notice saying all of their pants are currently on sale for $18. I know I need to pick up a couple for the winter since currently I only have 2 pair. I love clothes shopping these days
Have a fantastic one!!!!
ENJOY!!!!
Closed Thread