Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #1  

Default Proud Moment of the Day!

I went to get some groceries for dinner tonight (I'm making salsa baked chicken breasts! mmmMm...), and on the way home, I had a crazy, overwhelming urge to stop by Sonic for their Mozzarella Cheese Sticks with marinara and ranch. I looooove those things!!! I actually pulled into the parking area...and convinced myself to leave. I was THAT close!

So I came home and fixed my craving and had two 50-calorie pieces of string cheese instead.
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Im so proud of your girly! In the parking lot? Now thats willpower...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

wow!! Nice willpower! GOOD JOB!!!!!
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

GOOD JOB, YOU!!! Those 50 cal string cheese thingers are awesome, though I have no idea what you're talking about that you turned down... I'm so proud of ya!!!

My "proud of myself" thing for the day...

My friend's mom told me I needed to try brussel sprouts again. I ate them ages ago when I was a kid, my aunt steamed them. Talk about gross. They had this horrible flavour and smell that sickened me, and I was like, "Yeah, I'm done."

So, my friend's mom and I got into a big conversation the other night... she actually is the reason that I started my whole new no-wheat, no gluten, no sugar trial. Because my mom lost 50 lbs by doing it, but then to meet someone else who lost just as much weight in the same way...

Anyhow, she convinced me to try them the way Emeril makes them, of all people, haha. So I bought a bunch of brussel sprouts, chopped them in half, put a bit of olive oil and salt on them and essentially, burnt them to a crisp in the oven.

Omigod. They're awesome, lol. Really. I loved them! I thought they tasted amazing, and I was sad when I looked down at my plate and realized I'd been so dubious that I'd barely bought any. I will be making a trip to the grocery store to buy more brussel sprouts in the very near future.

Now, there's a sentence that I never thought would come out of my mouth.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-15-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #5  

I've always loved brussel sprouts! So that's all you do? Half them, put olive oil and salt and bake them? For how long? Sounds yummy, and I wanna try!!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

About 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Some of the tops of the brussel sprouts flake off and get all crispy black and taste like chips. Yumm.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Jess, I used to think I hated brussel sprouts too (and aspargus...) but then I had them done in a similar way. My mom cut them in half and sauted them with some onions and garlic a little sea salt and pepper and bacon. Ok so the bacon wasn't the healthiest, but it made me realize that brussle sprouts went so bad. I've made them like that, but I've subbed in bacon salt instead of actual bacon (it's bacon flavoured salt, weird I know but it gives that bacony flovour without the fat and calories)

I had brussle sprout at a resturant the other day, and they were over cooked; wayyyyy to soft and mushy and the one thing I hate is mushy veggies!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

Shanny: I like mushy veggies if I perceive them to be intentionally mushy. Par example.. mashed potatoes, or squash.

..now, mushy brussel sprouts, or really mushy carrots or something.. *makes a face*

Also, that bacon salt stuff sounds really yummy, lol. I used something called Montreal Chicken Seasoning. I like the flavour, so I just put it on everything. I have no idea what's in it, but I tend to put it on chicken..rice.. potatoes... vegetables... anything fresh to give it some taste, lol.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-15-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Bacon salt is freakin fanstatic. My bf bought it and I though it was weird, but d@mn that stuff is good. Adds a wicked flavour without the calories. So, so yummy on roasted potatos.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #10  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Good job on avoiding that catastrophe! I have done that in the not so distant past before where I actually pulled up through the drive-through and when they took a minute to get to me my brain actually realized that I dont need that icky food and I drove away lol!! Wish I could always be like that
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

YAY! I love cheese sticks.... omg ultimate indulgence, I love cheese...

I have the 50 Cal cheese sticks in my fridge to, good with crackers Or wrapped up in a tortilla and microwave it, yummers!

Good for you!!!!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #12  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

wow, I'm proud of you. I once got sandwiched into a drive through when I was trying to take a back ally shortcut and ended up ordering food.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm SOOOOO addicted to Brussels Sprouts in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper- cooked til DARK brown too! I could seriously eat them every day, either fresh out of the oven, or as leftovers cold from the fridge. I won't eat them any other way. I can't believe how addicted to that little underrated vegetable I am, but dang, they're amazing!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

My proud moment - I FINALLY went to the gym today, after a good 2 weeks of not going.... eek.

I'm doing a 5K this weekend, so I figured I better start running again!!!!

I'm so nervous/excited for it.... ahh
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #15  

Good luck garstar!

I ran 2 miles tonight and did another mile on the elyptical...let me tell you how much I absolutely HATE running... :P