Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #1  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Default Weight changes

How come if you lose 30 pounds no one notices but you gain it and everyone notices???
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/150/140

Height: 5'7

It could be your clothes. When you lose weight your clothes get baggy and hide a lot of your progress. If your wearing really big clothing over your body it can be impossible to tell if you've lost 5 or 15 pounds. But... when you gain weight your clothes start looking very tight almost immediately.

Also, for awhile when I was gaining weight I still tried to dress the same that I did when I was skinnier, even though the styles of clothing didn't really flatter me. It made me look bigger than I was. By the same token for awhile even after I had lost some weight I was still picking out very flow-y and loose clothing so you couldn't see how small my hips had become!

No matter what size you are, picking up clothes that flatter your shape and feeling confident in yourself will make you look awesome!
Hypra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I think a lot of people have a hard time giving compliments! It is much easier to not say anything, than to say something nice but that is my opinion!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, don't know if it applies to you, but if you're gaining but still trying to stay in your thinner clothes, it makes you look even worse, and then when you're losing but still in your heavier clothes, it hides your loss.

Also, sometimes life is just like that
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #5  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

I have lost almost 30 pounds and I guess no one notices. O'well. I am going to keep on going. Nothing is stopping me now.
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've had the opposite experience. When I lose I start to get compliments at about 30 pounds. When I gain, folks say nothing...the compliments dry up.

My siblings (all of whom are normal weight) tease each other about weight and how they look. They tease me about lots of things, but never mention my size as a joke. Sometimes the silence is the most telling of all.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote