Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #1  

Smile New

Hey everyone, I am new here and started the flex weight watchers program on Monday.. I dont have the money to go to the meetings right now so im doing this on my own at home with information my fiances mom gave me and informaton I have found here and a few other palces on the web. If anyone can help me out that would be great... I am getting married next year in august and would love to have some of this weight off by then... Thank you to everyone in advance for your help..
angel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #2  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm in the same situation and starting monday...actually now til monday is a trial seeing how much i actually eat now...although i admit when i'm watching and writing it down i do so much better so its like cheating the system
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #3  

So far I have been doing really good and feel a lot better with how im eating.. Yesterday was my fiance's dads birthday so we went out to eat at outback.. I didnt wanna go there because I was not sure how to pick food, but my finaces mom is also on weight watchers and she was going so I figured I would be fine also... I had to estimate the points for them.. I couldnt find any information about there food and how they cook it.. If anyone knows how many points a 6 oz sirloin steak is from them would u let me know.. I also had a house salad and about 6 or 7 fries(they made the fries to salty for me and figured it was not healthy).. Thanks so much..

P.S.
Can anyone give me some ideas for breakfast.. I keep going back and forth between a fried egg and toast and a cup of cheerios with a cup of milk and thats getting old real quick.. Thanks for you input...
angel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Outback is pretty evasive with nutritional information for their food. I think they may make available certain "lighter" items on their menu but even those are pretty terrible for you! A 12 oz Outback Special (whatever cut of meat that is) is 20 points, so I would say it's safe to assume your steak was 10 points. They do add a butter glaze to their steaks so next time you go ask for them to leave that off to save a couple points.

As for breakfast ideas, I tend to rotate between toast, oatmeal, and cereal. I'm pretty boring. If you take a look at the menus/planning/accountability thread you see in this forum you'll get to see what others do for breakfasts, and maybe that will help!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138.8/135.4/122

Height: 5'1

One of my fav breakfast... oatmeal (plain, cinniamon, or vanilla) with a small chopped apple with either raisins, or craisins or sliced almonds. Its hot and crunchy at the same time. I even have it at work sometimes for lunch.

Good luck on WW!
tinamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #6  

Wow 20 points for the outback special yikes...I guess I won't be eating there anytime soon.
AnnCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/160/150/140/135

Height: 5'3'

angel84,
you asked for breakfast suggestions...I like to have a milk shake on my way to work...1 cup skim milk (you can't tell the difference I promise(, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/3 cup frozen raspberries (you can use any combination of frozen fruit you want), 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 paks of splenda (start with 1 and add more if you need it)...put in a blender and add about 8 -10 ice cubes and blend until it is thick and creamy...will make about 3-4 cups, so get a big container to drink it from. I have a 32 oz WW water mug that I use. Experiment...you can use instant coffee instead of fruit...you can add a little cocoa and have a mocha milk shake...This really fills me up and then I usually have instant oatmeal, a bagle and a little cream cheese or English Muffin with a tiny bit of butter later in the morning...

If you like the egg...try egg beaters and make an omlet instead of frying. Chop some fresh veggies (onion, broccoli, asparagas, bell pepper...what ever you like and sprinkle in it...add a little diced up ham or turkey and you got yourself a good breakfast without spending a lot of points.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day...it gets your body going and helps to set in motion your engery for the day. It won't take long to learn how to get the biggest bang for your points.

I am sure you are already a beautiful person, but I know you will be a beautiful bride on your special day...good luck!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #8  
g35

S/C/G: 243/193/160

Height: 5'7"

welcome angel! you'll do great

my 2 favorite 2 weekday breakfasts are:
Thomas Light Multigrain English muffin, with 1 tblsp PB and a small banana OR
Fage non-fat Greek Yogurt (6.3oz size) mixed with splenda and a small banana. Both are very filling and you can mix it up by using different fruit (berries work really well with the Greek Yogurt)

My favorite weekend breakfast - the homemade Egg McMuffin many others on this board have written about. Using light Eng Muffin, Pam, FF cheese and canadian bacon, it's healthy & filling, full of protein and healthy carbs.

I tend to stay away from cereal and milk in the mornings. If i have that for breakfast, I'm starving an hour later!
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

Not really exciting but I often have a banana, a light string cheese and ww yogurt. Only 4 pts and plenty of protein.

Today I tried the ww smoothie (chocolate) one cup ff milk and ice. I got both my dairies and it was as thick and tasty as a milkshake only 3 pts but those smoothie mixes are expensive!

Good luck!
-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Question

hi , i am new to , my first WI will be tomorrow at the metting .... I don't know wtha is goin to happen... wish me luck

Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote