Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Default OK-didn't quite blow all of yesterday...

Yesterday I was at work confined to care for a patient isolated in a room for 8+ hrs, had access to a few(10) reese's mini cups. Didn't have all 10 maybe 8 total@36 cals each. noticed a slight difference in the scale today(+.6). Halloween is gonna be tough, 2kids, 2x's the amount of candy coming into my house-my son is so sweet, the other day he told me that he would save all the milky ways for me like he did last year. Bless his heart.
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 AM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

I know how you feel Had a bad couple days myself, but just get back up on that horse ( or whatever analogy works!) and work your plan! I'm glad my kids don't do the halloween thing anymore, but one thing I did learn is that most chocolate bars freeze well. Stick whatever they "donate" to you in the freezer and it'll be harder to access. I have even at times forgot there was chocolate in the house, since it got pushed back behind all the other freezer stuff, but, if I really, really had a craving, I could just dig it out and have a frozen chocolate bar.

My mom just reminded me that we need a 'mess up day' every now and then, because it reminds us how good it feels when we stick to our plan
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #3  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ronni62,

Are you a nurse? I am, and I know last week when I was stuck in isolation I ended up ordering fries at the cafeteria for lunch, which I never do!!!!Something about the solitary confinement must cause cravings!!

I've been doing great on my plan this week, but I work tonight...let's hope I get an assignment amongst the rest of civilization!!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

burhenns-
I'm a nurse aide/student and I have to do these long stints in a pt room w/a close obs/1:1, great to get off of your feet but your mind does wander after a few hrs. Plus I'm friendly with lady in the gift shop who has all the candy, who loves to throw some in my bag before I go up to the pt room. Thoughtful but not helpful.
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Just keep in mind that 360 cals does NOT equal .6 of a pound. It's highly unlikely that you gained that from the candy. It's possible that you are retaining some water (peanut butter cups are pretty sodium heavy).

Just hang in there and remember that you don't HAVE to eat what your kids bring home. The trash can is an option.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #6  

I let my kids eat all they want Halloween night and then I bribe them. If they let daddy take the chocolate to work with him (the other stuff doesn't tempt me), then I buy them a toy or something they've been wanting for a while. Better for me and better for the kids!
lbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #7  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I let my kids eat all they want Halloween night and then I bribe them. If they let daddy take the chocolate to work with him (the other stuff doesn't tempt me), then I buy them a toy or something they've been wanting for a while. Better for me and better for the kids!

You sound like my mom!
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote