South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Chick Chat

Good Monday morning. I'm enjoying my coffee and waiting for the sunrise.

I may try to get over to Curves if I can get myself motivated enough. I don't know if it's the darker mornings or what, but all I want to do is curl up someplace and sleep. I had no opportunity for that at all over the weekend.

Today's looking pretty busy. Audrey has cotillion after school, and both girls have piano. I'm not sure just how we're going to manage, as I have to make some time to get up to the hospital for Dad, too. He's having a pacemaker put in today, and I know my mother would like me to be with her during the procedure. We'll figure out something.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Everyone send good wishes, vibes, prayers and spells to Cottage and her family today, OK?

Cold this morning but the house is warming up. I'm actually thinking of putting the duvet on my bed as the summer quilt just doesn't cut it. I may even get some flannelette sheets which I've always hated but it's going to be a cold winter and oil is really $$$ so..... On the other hand, I could get a nice cuddly boyfriend! Better go with the sheets, Ruthie!

I'm skipping my Victoria's Quilt meeting in favour of a day at home doing some cooking and sewing and treating this dumb cold which just HAS to buzz off before Thanksgiving Weekend which is really busy. I have a bake sale at the Church, registration for a dog agility show and the Pypers are coming. Crossing my fingers for a sunny weekend!

How does you day look from the morning perspective?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just point me to the coffee and push

Cottage - Thinking of you and your family today.

Ruth - Enjoy your snuggly at home day. I bet Disney will

We actually managed 3.5 hours of unbroken sleep last night, definitely an improvement. It looks to be another busy, demanding day.

Have a good day Chicks
Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

(((Cottage))) Will be praying for your dad!

((Ruth)) I say go with the sheets, less messy, and listens better!

((Cyndi)) how is DP???????

Me: Another day of unemployment. I wanted to say to anyone that might be dreading another week, please be thankful to have a job! The economy is bad and finding a job is difficult! Even when you have 15 years experience at what you do with a degree to boot! NO< I'm not complaining, I enjoy my off time, I just wanted to remind you all while your working, be thank ful!

Me: I'm going to touch up the house a bit, but today will be office day, lots to do!

Have a great day chickadees.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks -

Cottage - best wishes with your dad. Hope the day goes okay.

Ruth - Ahhhh....I'm thinking of getting the duvet out as well. But I LOVE snuggling under all those blankies...I'll keep the window open if I have to!

Cyndi - Hope you get some rest!

Me - I actually went off plan this weekend!! First time - friends were in town. I'm at the point of maintaining...and the scale didn't go up!! And no cravings!!

On the non-diet level....eh. Typical day at work. But I went grocery shopping at 10 pm last night, so that I could have a couple of hours to myself today before the DS gets home. Hopefully, the weather with permit it. Every mom needs time alone! Things at home are a little anxiety laced lately...I could use the time off.

Hope everyone is enjoying their coffee! (I am!!)

Lori - everything for a reason, right? The perfect job is out there...someday it'll pop it's head out!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-06-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: to add Lori!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

awe ((Twynn)) a hug for you as you reach for a moment of silence and peace!

And yes, the right job is just around the corner! as I said, not complaining!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #7  
Getting Skinny...

S/C/G: 225/215/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! ((hugs))
Old 10-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, just passing through quickly to say "hi" and let you know I'm still alive. Busy, busy, busy. Hope all are well. Miss you guys! Things probably won't settle down here for a couple of weeks.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cottage - I have a huge problem with the darker mornings as well. I always have a problem waking up before the birds. I hope your father's procedure goes well. Keep us updated.

Ruth - I looooooove flannel sheets...although cuddly men are pretty nice too

Cyndi - have a good day, dear. I'm glad you and Julie slept better last night.

Lori - Morning! Have a great day!

Twynn - I'm so with you on alone time...glad you could get some.

tmig- Hi!

Schmoo - Hi! Have a great day. Hope things are crazy busy in a good way

--

This weekend was just...blah...DH and I argued a lot due to the enormous amount of stress both of us have right now. I hate those kind of weekends. Yesterday was a really productive packing day - probably because we just stopped talking to one another and worked - got DS' room completely organized and packed including his closet and bath, also finished the living room and dining room.

Today...the kitchen...blah. I need to go buy some bubble wrap.

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I know you guys! remember me?

Good vibes to Cottage and her family today!
Ruthie... I love flannel sheets but my husband gets too hot... so no flannel for me... maybe i'll send him to you....he's warm.

at work... knocked my double size travel mug over this morning... all over me.

so did not get to work till 7:45
ugh....

busy here

had an insanely busy weekend... scale shows it.. up to 212 this morning. ugh.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, Nessa! Good to see you back around these parts.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday! I vote that we make the best we can out of each say this week.

Had a great and very busy weekend. My new furniture is beautiful - just what I wanted.

Cottage my thoughts and prayers for your family

Zeff sorry for all you and your dh are going thru. Now is the time for yall to grow closer not apart. Sending good ((((vibes))))) your way

Nessa that scale will get to where you want it just hang in there
Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #13  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Well we actually turned the a/c off last night...and then I roasted half to death. Ended up sleeping on the couch with the dog who is definitely a space heater, and had to get up and turn on the ceiling fan before I died of heat exhaustion. I imagine in a few weeks I'll be back to my normal freezing self! I still could not do flannel sheets in our house. For some reason our bedroom traps all the heat in the house usually. Not usually even cold enough to snuggle with DH.

Loriann--Thanks for the reminder that no matter how annoying my job is (and how blechy it is to work full-time at 37 weeks pregnant!), it's a good job and I am blessed to have a job. They laid off 100 people from my company a few months ago so it really is a blessing.

Ruth--When is your Thanksgiving? I know October...is it soon?

I've been feeling "different" this weekend so I am wondering how far off baby is from coming. Trying not to get my hopes up, though. Still no contractions. But I've been having waves of nausea, she's definitely dropped some, and I was majorly nesting yesterday. Were I not scared of the pain, I would have been on the kitchen floor with Soft Scrub and a toothbrush!! Got the kitchen looking nice, though, and the nursery too, and all our laundry done, and the fridge cleaned out...

Happy monday! I need to go find some food.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies.

Cottage many prayers and for your family.

Jessie sounds like your "getting ready", how exciting!

Me yesterday was finally productive, re-arranged the living room, Mt. Laundry is gone and the floors are shiny. Now I just need to find time to get to the orchard for some apples.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Super busy today, yesterday lots of calls about the truck and few people came to look at, I think we decided to go with someone who gave us a decent offer and use that money towards the mustang fixup.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Cottage- Prayers and thoughts headed your way today.
Closed Thread