Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:23 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Smile Binge-free challenge ~ Oct. 6 - Oct. 12

New week, New day, New thread. For those of you who binged last week don't worry today is a new day, for those of you who just want accountability or support here is the place to post. Have a good week everybody, and remember whatever happen it isn't the end of the world. We're all here to learn and to form NEW habits
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #2  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I am back from my little vacation and ready to get back to normal. Day 1 for me.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 114/112/104

Height: 5 foot 1 1/2

Binge free since 1st Oct for me - good luck to all fellow chicks for this week
AudreyHepurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Wtg Audrey you're doing great.

Ward did you enjoy your vacation?

I'm doing great, I haven't been perfectly on plan but no mega binges either
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Ok I totally and completely failed this weekend. I hung out with my ex-husband who is a horrible eater and on sat ate out at restaurants twice!! I haven't done that in weeks. Then yesterday I ate probably 3/4ths of a giant bag of m&m's and two meals. And I felt just sick to my stomach. I have got to find a way to handle these weekends. I know it all starts with my Friday night drinking. It is my only night of "freedom" (my son stays with my ex) but I think it sets the tone for the rest of the weekend. Anyway back to the start again.

Day 1.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #6  
Intuitive Eater

Audrey, you were asking about what triggers binges in the other thread ...

For me binging happens...

1) when I have denied myself something I enjoy eating for long periods of time
2) when I think I'm already "being bad" and say "oh what the heck, might as well enjoy it"
3) because I am following Intuitive Eating, learning to shift from "diet" thinking to "freedom" thinking, it's just a natural by-product of quitting diets that I hope to gain control over as time goes by

I find binging totally a mental thing, like having a glitch in a computer, an error in the programming.
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #7  
Burning it away

Asparagus I can't help but noticed you've used the term 'failed' a few times now and I think the negativity there really won't help with you're bingeing. It's really important to try & maintain an optimistic attitude even when things seem gritty. I think this link here might help (10 Principles)- http://www.intuitiveeating.com/
Just remember you most certainly have not failed!

Last edited by Spoz; 10-06-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #8  
Sarah

Lauren - Thanks. You are right. I need to look at it more positively. I appreciate the reality check.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #9  
Burning it away

Just from experience I know how bad it can get when you feel guilty... it sucks big time.

I totally just ate half an apple pie and 4 muffins and a bowl of muesli. Hmmm.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #10  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hi everyone....today is my first day binge free because i binged badly yesterday! good luck everyone!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

day one tomorrow... gahh!!!

no more ice cream in my house... even if it is fat free. I am totally incapable of having anywhere near a reasonable serving!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 114/112/104

Height: 5 foot 1 1/2

Hello Haley!

Many thanks for your post on your "triggers" Blue. I like the idea of intuitive eating so we get in tune with what we really need, rather than eating our emotions, stress, or over - filling an empty deprived stomach.

Asparagus - so sorry you had a bads day - it there a way of meeting up with your ex which does not involve food, or can you pick a venue which does a better selection of food.

I broke a 6 day binge free run with two huge bowls of muesli last night after eating my regular planned foods. I wasa hungry, I needed the food , but not as much of it as I ate :-(.

I feel OK about it now- the food was in the house and not bought specially for a binge, nor comsumed in secret, so just taking this one day at a time again.

best wishes to all.
AudreyHepurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 AM   #13  
Burning it away

I'm trying out intuitive eating in coordinance of my calorie counting - I'm going to try and limit my food to 1400 still, but not be so freak crazy on numbers. I always find it easier when I concentrate on my stomach and how it feels rather than how many more calories I can stuff in before I hit my 'limit'. So my morning is going alot better, usually I find it difficult to stay away from the kitchen but I'm doing okay.

How is everybody else doing today? Iris, I know how you feel about that ice-cream..
Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #14  
Intuitive Eater

Yesterday the cookies won. Today is another day ...
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #15  
Sarah

Starting over today. I stayed home yesterday - been feeling super sick with allergies. Ended up having McDonald's although only a happy meal but also two chocolate chip cookies. Then later I made some apple crisp. Anyway, I am at work and back on track today.

I think for me I am trying desperately to find a happy medium. I want to adopt a new lifestyle that I feel I can live with forever. Last time I lost weight I was utterly obsessed (although interestingly not as hard on myself as I am now). This time I want to make it a lifestyle where I eat good for the most part and exercise regularly but not "throw myself down the stairs" everytime I hit a bad patch. I have actually been doing quite good with that. While I say I binged it is nothing compared with what I have done in the past. And I have been able to pick myself up and keep on going. But I need to stop feeling so bad about it and I also need to find a way to not eat bad everytime I have an excuse or a change from my routine. If it is about a lifestyle then weekend vs. weekday should not matter. OK sorry for the book - just trying to figure this all out.