Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default No Excuses! Food and Exercise Accountability 10/6 - 10/12

Getting ready for the week with a solid plan for tomorrow and a restocked freezer (Went to our favorite butcher and stocked up for another month!) Other than some wine (and a bit of frozen yogurt, last Friday), the weekend was actually quite close to OP.

B - French toast w/ light bread and egg beaters, pumpkin butter
S - Apple
L - Leftover Chicken Stirfry, brown rice
S - Popcorn
S - Yogurt
D - Pork Tenderloin Kebab, Roasted Vegetable WW Couscous, Side Salad
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 60 min elliptical. Want to do my 60 min strength, but I tweaked my back a bit doing some construction stuff with the fam this weekend, so we'll see how that feels tomorrow. Took a bath and some ibuprofen and it helped. Hopefully I'll be good as new by morning.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

This was a pretty food-rich weekend. It was my boyfriend's birthday on Friday. I started the day by making chocolate chip waffles (I ate 1.5 with natural peanut butter - good god, they were amazing). Then, we went to Benihana's for dinner and I had the filet and scallops. YUM.

All weekend, I had the weirdest craving for peanut butter, I had peanut butter toast for breakfast today AND dinner (had a salad for lunch, so at least I got some vegetables in me). I decided to just go with it - if my body wants peanut butter, maybe it wants healthy fats?

I'm back on plan tomorrow:

Breakfast - non fat greek yogurt, sliced strawberries, 1 spoon of raw honey (200 calories)

Lunch - BBQ chicken salad (green leaf, red onion, carrot shreddies, a little roasted corn, grape tomatoes, grilled chicken and a little organic BBQ sauce for dressing) (400 for everything)

Snack - tangelo (100)

Snack - string cheese, mini dill pickles (60)

Dinner - I'm making Asian chicken wraps - broccoli slaw, whole wheat lavash (210 calories), grilled chicken, sliced water chestnuts, a tiny bit of cashew pieces, a tiny bit of crunchy wonton (a little bit goes a long way to add a nice crunch), carrot shreddies, Trader Joe's asian spicy peanut dressing) - I'm going to say 500 for everything

Last edited by Glory87; 10-06-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:04 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone.

Sunday was a BUSY day for me. Out shopping early for chickens, parsnips, dill, celery, sweet potato, carrots and onions. I had a hankering to make some chicken soup. It was sooo good, but I ate waaay too much of the chicken. I made 2 whole chickens worth. I froze lots of the broth for future use. I then hit the mall. Needed all sorts of things. Shirts and ties for hubby (for all these parties we've got), bras for my daughter - nothing worse then bra shopping for a 16 1/2 year old, pillows, a gift, a pocket book for my other daughter who's birthday is in 2 weeks, and clothing - for the parties. I got a really nice outfit. Then it was back home some 5 hours later and more food shopping, putting away and dividing up all the chicken and groceries I bought. More house stuffl. Work stuff and on and on.

Wasn't perfectly on plan. Too much of that chicken and veggies, but nothing awful. Hoping today to hit it perfectly on plan. No extra nibbles or nothing. That's the plan, at least.

Have a great day.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

Sounds like we all did a bit of restocking the healthy food stores this weekend. I got to the big city yesterday for a play and convinced my companions to make a quick stop at the "real" grocery store so I'm re-stocked on my favorite yogurt, whole wheat tortillas, and a bunch of other healthy goodies.

I'm so excited that I was OP 2 of the 3 days this weekend! Friday, Sunday, good. Saturday was fine until I went to watch football for a friend's b-day party. She's a huge football fan and that's what she chose, so we watched football and football food. I avoided alcohol but had a few extra coconut shrimp, few extra bites of veggies in hummus, and enjoyed a piece of yummy chocolate cake. But see, Megan, you can be OP - just another oh, few months, and I might be back in my skinny pants.

Today's plan:
B - ww mini bagel, 1 T. lt. cream cheese, 1 oz. lox, 1 c. sk milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
S - sm banana
L - Curried Chicken & Brown Rice, 1 c. carrot & 1 c. celery
lunchtime walk - it occurred to me it's finally cool enough! - 1.5 mi in 25 minutes, got my blood flowing
S - 1/2 oz. raw sunflower seeds, pear, 6 oz. lt. yogurt
gym - weights, running
post-gym - hm protein muffin
D - Chicken stuffed with ricotta, spinach & cranberries, green beans cooked...somehow...
D - sf jello

Last edited by Megan1982; 10-06-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I got a really nice outfit.
Well, what did you get?? I went bra shopping and got two super cute bra/panty sets from Nordstrom's on sale. I've decided to get away from plain flesh colored seamless bras with plain old panties! Lingerie is spendy, so I'll just get 1-2 each month until I have enough to feel pretty every day I think it's the last vestige of my "heavy" self - the idea that I should just wear plain jane underwear.

Last edited by Glory87; 10-06-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

MAD, MAD, MAD! I'm mad I tell you!

First it was Applebee's that discontinued my California shrimp salad. Then yesterday, Del Taco states they're no longer offering the Mexican Chicken Caesar salad (even though it was still on the MENU!).

B~yogurt
S~nuts and tangelo
L~Smart One's frozen entree (chicken Caprese)
S~Activia yogurt
D~chicken tortilla soup with pinwheel sandwiches made from ww flatout bread, lf herbed cream cheese and deli turkey breast
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #7  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Weekend: mostly on plan. Pretty darn good actually.

Monday:
B - muesli, milk
S - apple
L - soup w/potatoes, split peas, green beans, barley, beef broth, spices
S - apple, banana, yogurt
S - muesli, milk
D - pasta, tomato sauce, a little parmesan
S - one slice of cake
Exercise - 30 min dog wog c25k w4d1

Last edited by paperclippy; 10-07-2008 at 09:14 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #8  
Workin' It

My weekend was mostly on plan - I did up my my plan a little as I lost another .8 pounds this past week, stayed within those limits. I did eat way too much sodium...

Today has already gotten thrown a little off track - I work i a restaurant and they are out of my regular grilled chicken I have for lunch, so logic said I needed a chili burger instead....

So... today's revised plan...
B: smoothie
L: chili burger
S: trail mix
D: leftover pasta or turkey sausage and rice
S: protein chocolate milk after afternoon workout
S: apple with fat free caramel dip

DH is taking a test today and I have a bad feeling that he failed... he should have been done an hour ago and I've heard nothing... So, all the above subject to change depending on how that goes...

Update: DH passed his test and is working late, so I now have no excuses for going off plan today!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 10-06-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #9  
Moderating Mama

OP day today - onto tomorrow:

B - French toast (light bread, egg beaters) w/ pumpkin butter
S - Honeycrisp!
L - Pork Tenderloin Skewer, WW Couscous w/ Roasted Veggies, Salad
S - Yogurt and Orange
S - Popcorn
D - Grilled flank steak salad w/ tons of veggies, grilled and raw, croutons, spray dressing, laughing cow
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 60 min elliptical, 30 min yoga or tai chi
Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Well, what did you get?? I went bra shopping and got two super cute bra/panty sets from Nordstrom's on sale. I've decided to get away from plain flesh colored seamless bras with plain old panties! Lingerie is spendy, so I'll just get 1-2 each month until I have enough to feel pretty every day I think it's the last vestige of my "heavy" self - the idea that I should just wear plain jane underwear.
What did I get? Hmmm, how to explain it? Well I got a beautiful cream colored satin-y VERY fitted blouse with a beautiful high necked ruffled collar with a ruffled sleeve at the wrist. I paired it with a BEAUTIFUL long flow-y, swing-y, silky pleated skirt. Funny, if you would have told me that I would have ever worn a pleated skirt and that it would be slimming, I would have thought you were nuts.

I like your plan for restocking your panty collection. Now that I think about it, I guess mine are pretty plain. I've got just plain black undies. And some flesh colored ones as well. I guess I'm just so happy that they're not enormous, I've never really thought about getting really, really nice ones. Hmmm, something to think about.....

Monday was POP.

Have a great day.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-07-2008 at 06:00 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #11  
slow and steady

Robin, your new clothes sound great! I have a mix of lingerie . . . most of my panties are plain cotton ones, in a variety of colors and patterns. I have two matched bra/panty sets, but both of the bras have seams and most of my shirts are thin materials with spandex in them, so I don't wear them very often. My standbys are my plain seamless black bra and my plain seamless flesh-colored bra. I don't buy bras too often because I am an unusual size and the nearest shop that sells the ones I need is 2 hours away.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #12  
slow and steady

Yesterday was pretty on-plan, not too bad.

Tuesday:
B - muesli, milk
S - apple
L - leftover veg soup
S - apple, banana, yogurt
D - roasted butternut squash, carrots, and potatoes, wild rice, and a bunless hot dog
Exercise - UBWO/LBWO, 20 min swim

Last edited by paperclippy; 10-08-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #13  
Workin' It

Well, my plan for yesterday went out the window - DH was supposed to work until 8, but came home early ready to celebrate his CCNA certification. So, revised yesterday -
B: Smoothie
L: small chili burger (shows at only 251 calories on the website, but I don't know if I trust that...)
S: Market Pantry Protein Bar (have to eat all of them since I bought them)
D: Chinese food... won ton soup, small egg roll, 1 chicken wing, grilled spicy mango salmon with brown rice, 1 inch by 1 inch square of tiramasu.

Even with all of that, I think I didn't get too far outside plan. I ate less than half the entree and not much of the sauce, a lot of the asparagus and snow peas that were in it. I do feel like I had a lot of sodium, which wasn't great before today's physical...

Exercise yesterday - 65 minutes of weight training, focusing on arms. I got carried away and lost track of time... Then, DH got home so I didn't get to cardio... And no exercise this morning with physical...

So, back on plan today...
B: Orange Mango Vivano from Starbucks post physical
S: might not have one, breakfast late
L: grilled chicken sandwich
S: trail mix
D: grilled chicken sandwich no mayo from Wendy's (DSS over tonight, fast food is it...)
S: Kashi Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie most likely
Probably won't exercise today...

Glory - I love pretty lingerie. Unfortunately all of mine is too big for me now and I haven't been able to afford to replace it... It is definitely next on my list!

Robin - the outfit sounds gorgeous!

Jessica - I love seamless bras, too, but I've had a hard time finding them lately. Even the ones without seams show a line around the edge of cup for some reason...

alinnell - I hate it when restaurants remove menu items like that, especially when they don't take down the signs... I work in food service, used to work for a fast food chain that did that a lot - we got complaints all the time. You would think that the restaurant would realize that alienating the customer base isn't a good idea, especially now...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wow, totally OP yesterday and I thought I'd wake up to a loss b/c of 3 trips to the bathroom during the night. but it was not to be, I'm up 1/2 a pound?

B~egg white omelet
S~nuts
L~Smart One's frozen entree, tangelo
S~Activia Yogurt
D~grilled chicken with roasted green beans
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #15  
Moderating Mama

Allison - I'm in the same boat. WTH?

I don't do plain underwear. Even my basic black, no line type stuff has something that makes it unique, special, or pretty. I mostly wear these incredibly comfy lace boyshorts from Fredericks. They go on sale periodically and I stock up.