South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #1  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Default TOM, Birth Control, and cravings (hopefully not TMI)

In August, I decided that I would stop taking my birth control pills to give my body a "break" from the hormones. Apparently I forgot the other reasons (besides the obvious) for taking them. One that I've realized since being on this diet is that the BC helps with my cravings the week before. Last month, my cravings were AWFUL. I wanted to eat cheesy, carb filled food - but I resisted by baking a low fat cheese stick and dipping it in marinara, lol (sounds strange, I know). Well, this month, I wasn't so strong. I had a cupcake yesterday with icing and I'm pretty sure it's TOM cravings. I am doing phase I for at least four days this week to see if it helps with the cravings, but ultimately I think I'm going to start taking my pills again after TOM passes.

Has anyone else noticed this?
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Are you anemic by any chance? I notice when I have TOM and My iron is low I'm the cookie monster
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow...those are strong cravings! I usually get crave-y around TOM, but it's not for things that are off plan...I just have to watch to make sure I don't overeat as much.

Might be worth talking with your OB/GYN about it. I've been off my BC for about five months right now, and I don't notice much difference in cravings...but each body is so different! Hope you can find something that works as it must be so frustrating!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's only been two months so your body is still adjusting to the change in hormone pattern. I'd give it more time.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

KO, I don't think I'm anemic - but I have a routine physical on Wednesday so I'll definitely check with my doctor.

Beachgal, at least your cravings are on-plan. Last month, the cheese/marinara helped (I was craving pizza, lol). This month, I gave in at a birthday party. I tried to resist...but the icing kept calling me!

Ruth, I really should give it more time. I've been on this type of pill (low dose) for almost three years now and this is the first time I've taken a break.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote