Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default People Magazine Half Their Size TV Special

Did anyone see this last night? It was very motivating. They took 8 people from the most obese State, Mississippi, and followed them over the course of I believe 7 months. Their weight loss ranged from about 19 pounds, right up to 82 pounds!

What I found motivating was April, this tiny girl at 4'11 but heavier than I am now, struggling to even walk, and she did a 5K! She got it through it! And she liked to belly dance so she took a class and did it ~ I like the idea of not postponing fun things in life because of dumb fat!!

Sigh...what alarmed me was that most of their results seemed to be directly linked to hitting the gym 6 days a week without fail... someone wave a magic wand over me and make me LIKE sweating lol
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Trazey - There are some people who can make drastic changes to their current lifestyle and bam be where they want to be within a year. Those people are extremely rare. When I first started out, I was going to the gym 6 days/week, I loved it and I lost a lot of weight. Over time though I've discovered that what you eat is a bigger deciding factor to weight loss than how much you work out. Don't get me wrong, I think working out is great and believe everyone should do SOMETHING every day. Whether it is a short walk or going to the gym. I find I eat better when I'm exercising and it helps me feel good about myself.

I would also say that every year I've been losing weight, I've learned something knew and have changed up my eating and exercise plans over the years to attain my own personal goals. Change doesn't have to happen over night.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I tivo'd it. Hope to watch it tonight
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  
One pound at a time...

I will echo what Nelie has posted. I have been an avid excerciser for at least the past 12 years. I would go to the gym consistantly 3 to 4 times a week. Sometimes I would lose weight, sometimes not.

What I have found is once I reduced what I was eating, that is when the weight really started to come off. Your diet is key, IMHO unless you are at the caliber of an Olympic athlete and basically training all day every day, you will not see too much of difference. It does happen, but for me I have found it is the calorie intake.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I enjoyed this show too. I kept thinking what a beautiful girl April is and how sweet that her father (I think) was so proud of her. I hope she keeps on losing and belly dancing. I liked that they showed ladies in their 40's losing the weight, I can relate to that.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote