Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #1  

Wink Help For Us Newbies

I'm on my 3rd day on the yellow menu, and this is my first time on MRC. This forum which I have been looking at for some time has been helpful to those who are trying to make the decision to "jump" in. It is not too bad, but I did slip two nights eating a chocolate meal replacement bar. I hope that doesn't mess me up too much. Any input/encouragement would be appreciated. I am enthused mostly from reading all of the wonderful posts from successful MRC followers.
luvmycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycats View Post
I'm on my 3rd day on the yellow menu, and this is my first time on MRC. This forum which I have been looking at for some time has been helpful to those who are trying to make the decision to "jump" in. It is not too bad, but I did slip two nights eating a chocolate meal replacement bar. I hope that doesn't mess me up too much. Any input/encouragement would be appreciated. I am enthused mostly from reading all of the wonderful posts from successful MRC followers.
Welcome, luvmycats! I'm pretty new also. I'm on my 17th day on the cream colored menu and have lost about 13lbs. so far. I know it's a big adjustment but well worth the rewards! Once you get into the swing of things and your body adjusts to the food changes, it will get much easier. At least you just ate the meal replacement bars and not a bag of M&M's or something! My mom has been doing MRC for a little over 6 months now and has lost 70lbs. She has had a few slips but gets right back on and is doing great. Its the overall success of changing your lifestyle that matters, not being perfect! Keep trying and hang in there! That's what I have to tell myself and that's why I chose my name!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Ladies-
I'm on day 29 of the cream menu. I have messed a few things up and still am losing! I signed the 15 lb board today. It's challenging but really worth it. I of course would love to see it come off faster but I figured it took me a few years to get here so it may take awhile. I do feel sooo much better though since starting the program.

Also remember only 3 meal replacement bars a week and double check what they replace at breakfast and lunch. That was one of my early mistakes.

Good luck to you guys!
lv2ski2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/154/135

Height: 5'3''

I agree that it is an adjustment but well worth it. I have never had results this fast while feeling satisfied and full. My biggest tip is keep on drinking, i have really enjoyed trying new hot teas in the afternoon instead of coffee. They are yummy and satisfying..

Ang
cowgirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies.I go for my first weigh in tomorrow and I think I can already tell a difference. I am committed to doing this, and I think you have to be to continue. You're right - a Meal replacement bar is better than what I normally would grab on to. Appreciate the encouragement.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #6  

Red face Who Knows About Liquid Minerals?

I have heard when you are "stuck" and don't lose that liquid minerals helps sometimes. Does anyone have any experience with that?? The only other thing I have heard is the "Metaquick" thing, but there seems to be some conflict on that subject. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #7  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycats View Post
I have heard when you are "stuck" and don't lose that liquid minerals helps sometimes. Does anyone have any experience with that?? The only other thing I have heard is the "Metaquick" thing, but there seems to be some conflict on that subject. Thanks.
Not all centers recommend the Metaquick, and of the ones that do, it doesn't work for everyone.
Personally, I think the best thing you can do if you're stuck for a bit is to:
(1) remember that it's normal to plateau from time to time - your body needs to occasionally adjust to things and sometimes you'll continue to lose inches even though you don't see lbs coming off
(2) shake up your food choices a bit - if you like fish, some people have found that eating a lot of fish for a few days will help - it's really the most protein you'll get vs fat
(3) exercise. If you aren't exercising already, start. If you are, increase it a bit, either the intensity or the time. Shake things up a little for your body; don't let it get complacent.
I don't know about the liquid minerals helping with weight loss, some people have found that they help with energy levels.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/173/141

Height: 5'6

Should you start exercising right away or wait a week or two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Not all centers recommend the Metaquick, and of the ones that do, it doesn't work for everyone.
Personally, I think the best thing you can do if you're stuck for a bit is to:
(1) remember that it's normal to plateau from time to time - your body needs to occasionally adjust to things and sometimes you'll continue to lose inches even though you don't see lbs coming off
(2) shake up your food choices a bit - if you like fish, some people have found that eating a lot of fish for a few days will help - it's really the most protein you'll get vs fat
(3) exercise. If you aren't exercising already, start. If you are, increase it a bit, either the intensity or the time. Shake things up a little for your body; don't let it get complacent.
I don't know about the liquid minerals helping with weight loss, some people have found that they help with energy levels.
Colleen2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #9  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen2008 View Post
Should you start exercising right away or wait a week or two?
I started walking regularly the day I started MRC. I figured if I was going to spend the money I should do everything I could to insure I'd succeed, and exercise is a big part of that for me. I walked, and after the first 6 weeks or so I started doing the upper body weights - just because I didn't really think about that at first. But I realized I'd like to avoid the batwing syndrome as much as possible...
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote