General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #1  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Default itunes Vista Users

We got a new Vista laptop and need to move our itunes library over to it from our XP desktop. If you are running Vista, what version of itunes do you currently have and does it work ok?

The version on our XP won't run on Vista so we need to download a newer version. Anything above 7.2 is new for us. The one version I've seen pop up with satisfied users most frequently is 7.6.2. I don't really want the new 8.0 because it has stuff on it that we just don't need. We really don't need anything pertaining to iphones, itouch, or the new Genius stuff. Just trying to get a feel for what we should install based on other's experiences. Have tried finding answers on the Apple discussion board but . . . it's kind of like finding a needle in a haystack. The adivce on there is either non-existent, or they just say install the latest -- which isn't what we want and doesn't answer my question.

Thanks for any input.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #2  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Itunes just recently released itunes 8 and this is what im running on my vista laptop now. it works fine and everything. there is no harm in using itunes 8. even if you do not use some of the features it's still better to use the most updated itunes software.

I don't really use the genius nor do i have a iphone. but you should still have lastest software. it makes syncing so much more easier and faster

Last edited by helwa588; 09-29-2008 at 09:04 AM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/159/130

Height: 5'6"

I've been a vista user since the begining of this year and haven't had any major problems with any itunes on my computer. The only minor annoyance has been that sometimes when itunes starts up or I maximize it, it's just a black screen. However, I would just have to minimize it and bring it back up and it was fine.

I just got itunes 8 last night and had to sync the Genius (I still don't have a clue what it truly does yet..). It took forever and looked kind of cool...but if you don't want to use anything on itunes, you can disable it. My husband didn't like genius so he just went into the options and disabled it there.

So all in all, you shouldn't have any problems!
inanesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #4  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hey thanks about the disabling info on itunes 8. Tried to find that info but was unsuccessful.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote