South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chatter - Sept. 27 & 28

Good rainy morning! Pull up a chair around the table and grab a cup of coffee.
A 60% chance of rain is the forecast but that means 40% non-rain, right? It's coolish but not time to light the woodstove - yet!

Today will be an at home day although we may go to visit Harry in the nursing home. I have black bean soup to finish up and the lazy cabbage casserole to package for the freezer. I'm building up my stash of grab and eat meals for busy days.

What's happening at your place?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a dark rainy morning here. It was so hard to get up, but I'm a creature of habit.

We're talking about going to an auction up in the Amish country, then getting groceries before heading home. We'll be watching Amber and little Tyler later today so their mommy & daddy can go out for a much needed "date night". For supper, I'm going to make a butternut squash lasagna. : Ruth's black bean soup is sounding pretty good, too.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It is such a coffee morning! I tried to sleep in too but my internal alarm just can't distinguish weekdays from weekends and my brain starts the To Do list the minute I wake up. And that's why there's coffee

Ruth - Now you have me thinking of black bean soup Last night's ratatouille bake was tasty. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cottage - An auction sounds like fun. Are you looking for anything special or just looking? Now I'm also thinking about butternut squash.

I think we all know how I gained so much weight I do love food.
It's a real challenge cooking for a diabetic this time of year. I want stews with squash and beans or grains and beans but the combos really make for high carb counts. I spend a lot of time bulking recipes up with low carb veggies to make them work. Good thing I love to cook.

Speaking of cooking I'm enjoying this site today: http://vegkitchen.com/recipes-galore.htm
Nava Atlas is probably my favorite cook book author. Her books not only have yummy, healthy recipes they are also just really fun to read. I use MasterCook on my computer and will move a bunch of these recipes into that on a quiet winter day.

Turns out my canning class is tomorrow so today is another domestic day at home - drying veggies, baking bread, cleaning & organizing more pantry space, rotating clothes so I don't freeze this week. Sounds exciting doesn't it

Enjoy your Saturday!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #4  

The sun isn't up yet here either so maybe it is rainy. I'll need to get in my contacts before I go see. We're reallly hoping that we can get out and do a lot of selling of Boy Scout popcorn since this is one of the few weekend days we are home. I have to stay relatively close to home for 6 hours today to be able to help with work.

Time to go shower and get these contacts in. Be back in a bit.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, how is Daisy with folks? I happen to know when you visit nursing homes around here for a particular resident you can take your puppy in! ALL the residents seem to like that! (of course you know that doing puppy therapy)

Cottage, enjoy the day, pick me something up from the amish! I love their stuff!

Me: Still under the weather. woke up with a cough this morning, still have sore throat and slight headache. Kitty decided best bed for the night was anywhere on mommy! Puppy thought it not right kitty in my room and not her so she sat at door crying most the night upset with me. I feel bad about that since jade was here first.

ETA: Still maintaining at 181... this is frustrating and I'm about to quit! My sis says she'd of quit a long time ago, I said if I did I'd be well over 200!

Simulpostings: Cyndi: Thanks for the recipe site, maybe I should try vegetarian for a spell?

Barb: good luck celling the corn!

Last edited by Loriann7; 09-27-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Daisy just loves visiting the nursing homes and the clinic. She is a tiny bit shy and wants "Mummy" close by but likes to sit on a chair and be petted by folks in wheelchairs. She's also very good at jumping up onto couches and beds for a cuddle. She lies on her back and asks for a tummy rub.

Just had some of that lazy cabbage roll casserole for breakfast. Yummy! Now to figure out the calories. It sure makes more than just two servings so I'll note the recipe.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Kind of chilly here this morning with all the windows open. Sitting here in my old chanille robe drinking coffee and reading an online dicipline book I downloaded. Has some great ideas in it.

Looks like we are going to have a fun day. We bought some nice tall black shelves at big lots yesterday for my classroom and we are going to head over to school this morning so my husband can put them together and I can get more organized. Bought a bunch of colorful baskets for the shelves so I can put daily papers etc in them.

Then we are going to head over to a town close to us on the lakefront to eat and then go clothes shopping and grocery shopping. Then back home so Terry (husband) can catch the LSU game this evening. I plan on watching girl movies, polishing my fingernails and doing laundry. Can't wait to go clothes shopping. I think I have one shirt from last year that is ok and other than that have NO winter or fall clothes and I'm in desperate need. Yesterday I wore a pair of pants from last winter and had to cover it up with a linen jacket. I used to do that so no one could see how tight my pants were and now I'm doing it so no one could see how baggy they are. I love it.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-27-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Simulpostings: Cyndi: Thanks for the recipe site, maybe I should try vegetarian for a spell?
Morning Loriann! I love good recipe sites and am always happy to share the wealth

I don't think there's any magic to eating vegetarian (there are certainly fat vegetarians - ask anyone looking in our window last year!) but I really do think it's healthier to eat at least some meat free meals. As always YMMV.

Barb & Cat - have a good day

My resolve is weakening - we may make a trip to Trader Joe, Whole Foods, & Deals & Steals. Don't really need anything from there but we love the trip and haven't been making it in the summer. There's also a lovely used bookstore nearby....
Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Cyndi M:
Quote:
My resolve is weakening - we may make a trip to Trader Joe, Whole Foods, & Deals & Steals. Don't really need anything from there but we love the trip and haven't been making it in the summer. There's also a lovely used bookstore nearby....
how far is the trip. I'm spoiled I have a trader joes 2 miles from my house.

femmecreole:
Quote:
I used to do that so no one could see how tight my pants were and now I'm doing it so no one could see how baggy they are. I love it.
oh when they get that baggy i get rid of them! good for you!

Loriann:

Quote:
Still maintaining at 181... this is frustrating and I'm about to quit! My sis says she'd of quit a long time ago, I said if I did I'd be well over 200!
do not quit. I kept doing just SBD but i was deluding myself into thinking i was eating the right amounts. GET a digital scale (i hear you an find them for around 20 dollars at target and such) for the kitchen and weigh everything.

you will be amazed at how little food 3 oz is or 1 oz of cheese is for me starting weight watchers and counting points along with eating mostly south beachy food has been a godsend for me.

and to Barb Cottage and Ruth HI guys.

Me: did not get Boone... in a way I'm relieved. he's over three and that's old for a newf mix.... bagel was only 8 and i can't imagine going through this again that soon. 8 is old for a big dog ya know.

raining here.... lazy day here

oh my scale report: 206.6 this morning on my scale... (and shhhhhhhhhhh I ate BEETS last night)

love to all of you!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Nessa, the right dog is waiting for you to give him/her a forever home. Congrats on being below 210!

I really want to go shopping but my clothes from last fall still fit! Some pants are baggy but they'll be a quick fix. I'm sort of glad I didn't pitch them all in the spring - sort of glad only! I'd love to shop today.

Last weekend with the MODs I ate a lot of vegetarian foods and am now more willing to try new stuff. I just can't face tofu or soy milk though so I guess I'd be moving into lacto-ovo vegetarianism.

Time to get off my fluffy butt and get going. Have a great day!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

AWe, so sorry Nessa Boone didn't work out. You'll find the right one!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies sounds like everyone is enjoying the start of a great FALL weekend. Cool short days. It is cool here also in the morning enough to open the doors and air out the house after a closed up summer. Have to close up though by 9 a.m.!!!

Ruth-can't wait for winter so I can make some wonderful soups. I am going to try the cabbage roll casserole when it cools down more and it doesn't cause our air conditioner to work double time to bake.
Cottage-enjoy the day of looking
Cyndi-I am going to look at the site later and find a recipe or two I can try on the family. So hard for me to get something with veges in it that they will even try.
Barb-good luck on the popcorn selling. If I remember, last year you and Brian did well at this!
Loriann-Hang in there. I was at a weight for a long time(3 months) also but I kept at it and the scale did start moving again.
Femme-sounds like a great day planned. I especially like the evening plan(minus the laundry)..

As for me it is normal weekend family stuff-laundry,bedroom cleaning,house pick up etc...

I wanted to get on earlier this month and put on a weight ticker and celebrate 1 year with everyone. I wanted to say I have learned so much, have gotten support from everyone even though I am not able to post all that often, and have LOST(hoping never to find again!). I have not been able to figure out the ticker thing yet. I will wait to have one of my darling sons to help me out and get it posted. I am still am not willing to share my weight with them yet so it might have to wait. That is o.k. it is like my little happy secret I am holding just for me. I am going to edit the side thingy as soon as I get this post done, don't mind sharing with you. Also I want to find a picture and send it too(this will have to be with one of my sons also). Someday I will figure out this wonderful thing called a computer but right now I am busy raising children,and cleaning house My 7 year old baby is surprised that her mom can use the keyboard without looking!! She doesn't know I use to have a typewriter when I was in school and that is what saved me from having to write everything out by hand!!!! O.K. off with her now This is getting long I will close and start my day.

Everyone have a great day and a safe one too!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #13  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Morning everybody!!! It's a beautiful morning here so far! Just got in from taking the dogs for a walk (at the same time...was feeling brave today!). They did amazingly well walking together!!!

Today I can't decide what to do, I want to go look at plants for my backyard, I need to paint my hall, and I need to get groceries. And I'd like to go shopping as well...which is strange, because I hate shopping with a passion!! Hopefully when some of this weight melts off it won't be so bad!!

Quick question....at which store and where in that store do you find agave nectar?? I've looked and looked and can't find it!

Ohhhh Cat, are ya'll going to RIPS?? I had the BEST grilled talipia with some sort of a lemon sauce with grilled veggies a few weeks back....very good!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
I just can't face tofu or soy milk though so I guess I'd be moving into lacto-ovo vegetarianism.
I'm not a strict vegetarian actually. I eat about 95% vegetarian but decided several years ago when the arthritis and thyroid stuff kicked up that I would eat less soy and the occasional fish meal.

I'm not a soy milk fan but then I'm not a cow's milk fan either. I love unsweetened almond milk though. I don't know how people who don't cook survive tofu but I do think anyone who likes to cook and experiment can learn to cook it. I probably only cook with it a couple of times a month but DP eats it for lunch a couple of times a week.

Okay, we're giving in. It's an hour and a half drive so all the stores are on our route along with a Sal's Boutique for cold weather clothes and our favorite restaurant.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

mandy I get it at trader joes but any health food store or i bet whole foods would have it.
Closed Thread