Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default What inspires you / keeps you going?

Watching this video on L Studio called The Long Run inspired me! I could never imagine this but it makes me want to do something! Maybe a mini marathon! What inspires you? Has anyone done anything like this before?
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Other women that have faced this problem and tackled it with great force. <~ This goes to the many ladies who have accomplished and are accomplishing on this website!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

The fact that I think I can accomplish anything. I plan to run a marathon one day, ultramarathons fascinates me especially 50 miles. I'd like to do a triathlon as well (although my bike skills will need major improvement). I plan to do rock climbing next year.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I doubt I'll ever be able to run a marathon or even a half marathon. Six miles on a dirt trail and my right knee is just about to give out. So 13 miles on pavement in a crowd, well, that's pretty much out of the question. My knee won't hold out for more than a mile on pavement, so a triathalon is also probably out of the question (plus, I don't have a bike, so that portion would be really hard ) But luckily, I don't want to run a marathon or do a triathalon.

What inspires me is the way I look and the confidence I feel because of how I look. Being able to put on an outfit and feel like I look fantastic, not just good enough. After so many years of trying to hide my shape, feeling so confident about how I look that I want to show it off is just such a great feeling. I just don't ever want to go back to being the person I was before.

I'm also very competitive, so knowing that I've achieved something most experts say is impossible (losing 25% of my body weight and maintaining that loss for more than a year) and that most people aren't able to do (excluding all the many successful maintainers here at 3FC, of course) is also very inspiring to me.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 09-26-2008 at 08:47 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #5  
move or die

S/C/G: 338/256/150

Height: 5ft 4 in

my sister who is doing great right now. the biggest loser inspires me. and all of the people here!
Greedy Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #6  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

What inspires me is how friggin great I feel now, compared to how I felt 50 lbs ago!

No, I don't want to work-out most of the time. My lazy self fights with me all the time on that issue, but loses most of the time because I know how good I feel after I work-out. Not only does my body feel tingly and good, but I also feel satisfied and good about myself on the inside.

I also have awful "fat" pictures of me hanging in my work-out room and on my fridge, which remind me exactly why I am "torturing" myself with exersize: I do not ever want to look or feel like I did in those pictures again.

And on the other side: I have nice "slim" pictures of me posted around my computer reminding me that I looked pretty fab at one time, and will again with some hard work and consistency.

(No, working out isn't really torture. My lazy self thinks it is, but the rest of me kinda likes it.)

Last edited by Apple Cheeks; 09-26-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #7  
Dorm Dieter

Hee Hee this sounds really silly,

But I like the way I can feel more confident when I go to the gym week after week and the really cute regulars start to notice the difference. Also, I've gone down a few dress sizes, and I want to go down more, so I can shop wildly, which I can't do now, because I'm so self-conscious.
huggamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

My little boy!! I want to be a good example for him and with childhood obesity rates going through the roof I feel that its really important for me to be an example to him!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #9  
Hooray for the Rays!

S/C/G: 5-8 pounds to go

Height: 5'3

Feeling good after a workout and fitting back into my pre preggy clothes.
Mfit4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #10  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Cheeks View Post
What inspires me is how friggin great I feel now, compared to how I felt 50 lbs ago!
YES! Me too. I like how I look and feel so much better now, and I don't want to backslide into overweight inactivity ever again. And on the days when it feels a lot like work ... I watch the Biggest loser and see how hard they work, and know that I can stick with it too. Or talk to my 77 year old mom who has lost more than 50 pounds this year! She says that I was HER inspiration, but knowing how hard it is for her -- older, less active, medication issues -- helps to keep me on track now. We encourage each other.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 AM   #11  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

What inspires me? To know that I may not make it to the grand finals and run in the olympics - but I can do exactly what they're doing and push my body and mind to the limits and challenge myself. I want to get up and go the gym because I know I'm doing something amazing for my body
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #12  

I love it that we are all inspired! I am also inspired by the way I feel and shows like the biggest loser! Both of those inspire me to push myself even further which is why I really liked David Goggins on the L Studio video! His words and outlook are inspirational to me because I know that I can do something like that too (well maybe not an ultra marathon but something)! What did you gals think of him?? Inspired to do something more?
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138.8/135.4/122

Height: 5'1

My skinny jeans that are tacked up to my bedroom wall --- placed directly infront of my treadmill. ( I had some explaining to do to my husband as to why there was a pair of Levis tacked to the wall when I had a perfectly fine closet.)

Also I like to have my workout clothes hanging on the treadmill for when I wake up in the morning. Especially a Nike Just Do It t-shirt. Just suck it up and get at of bed - - even at 4:30 am.
tinamae is offline   Reply With Quote