Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/270/160

Height: 5'5"

Wink I'm included

hi everyone, my name is liz and i am taking zoloft for depression, been on it a long time.
I have PTSD also, from childhood abuse, it was a long time before i found out there was a name for what i was feeling, that at least made it real not just me being crazy.
i have been heavy for a lot of years, i am 53 now and can't believe i have to still deal with this problem. i also am diabetic so the meds are costing me a mint.
i just lost my mom last dec. to brain cancer, she was 69, it was all of a sudden, found out , had surgery, passed away within 6 weeks. she was my best friend, i miss her terribly so this has been a bad time for me and i am disabled with a bad back so i don't work or get out much. i don't have any close friend [lost mine 8 yrs ago to lung cancer, another punch, only knew 4 weeks and she was gone she was 42]
i get lonely as my hubby works 12hr shifts and i am alone alot. my 3granddaughters are what keep me going.
well thanks for listening. liz
lizzie060955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'm so sorry for all that you've been through, all I can say is that for posting here and being with us after it all you must be incredibly strong. I can relate to a few things I spend alot of time alone too and I don't have many people in my life and am also diabetic (and heck its frustrating).

You could jump in the chat to by the way, we're all very supportive and friendly (And we like hugging, thats great right?)
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Liz,

Welcome, we're glad your hear I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom and friend and everything you've been through. I'd love for you to join us on the weekly thread here and meet some of the wonderful chickies that post daily. They are such a special group, caring, kind and just lovely.

Hope you will join us
Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hi liz!
and come join us in the weekly chat you can get tons of support. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. So sorry about losing your mom, I`m very close to my mom as well and I`m not sure what I`m going to do when I lose her, her health isn`t the greatest. My hubby is a truck driver and gone a lot as well, I still have my three girls at home, but its nice to have someone to talk to that I didn`t give birth to and who can understand where I`m coming from.
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 146/146/128

Hugs my story is similar so my heart goes out to you.
karenann33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #6  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Hi. Welcome.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote