South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:59 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat

Got up really early just so I could beat Cottage in starting the Daily!

It was very strange around here yesterday - Disney doesn't bark as much without Hershey around. She prefers duets, I guess. I had a meeting in the morning but we did get out for a walk down to the Library where she made a new furry friend - a darling pug! We have a play date!

This morning I have a periodontist appointment in Kingston at nine and will need to leave before eight to beat the rush-hour traffic. Why do they call it rush hour when the traffic is so slow? I hope to be home by noon to grab a quick lunch and head off to pet therapy.

Thanks to all who sent me PMs about Hershey. It really did help.

Hump it, Beachies! Let's not waste a precious day.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:22 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ruth! A dentist apt. does not sound like a fun way to start the day. Hope you and Disney have a great time at therapy! I was thinking about you yesterday when we were reading a story at school about "dogs that work". Hmm, with all these puppies around here, I wish some of mine would get a job! My son left the door to this sun porch/den room open last night and the puppies got to explore my living room last night while we were sleeping and leave little presents all over my oriental rugs. No doggies allowed in there, but I guess they were too little to read the signs! The babies spend the morning in a play pen when I leave for work and my husband takes them out when he gets home, so at least no surprises when he gets home. I wish they would stay in there at night without yipping.

Nothing on my plate today except for work and leftovers. A charmed life indeed. ...snore.

I saw a new commercial here for V-8 vegetable soups last night and googled it and found the site. Looks like they would be ok alone and pretty good used in recipes. They have some recipes on the site that look pretty good. Except for the corn one, they look pretty SB compliant. The meat loaf recipe looks really great.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-24-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i'm glad disney made a friend... good luck at the periodontist. ugh

hi Cat!

me: weight watchers weigh in, putting a new battery in my scale, working, nothing much.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:47 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ugh where's the coffee. Woke up earlier than I wanted and started thinking about all I could do with that extra hour. lovely. Don't know how the people who don't drink coffee get up in the morning

Ruth -I hate the periodontist! Hope your appointment is a quick and easy one. How nice for Disney to have a new friend

Cat - All the pictures give me puppy envy but the stories are good reminders Hope your leftovers are yummy and the work day is fun.

Nessa - Have a good day

Today is a half fun day at work. It's our regular equinox celebration so we are heading up the mountain to look for hawks (can you tell I helped plan these things?!) I've got a program visit this morning so all in all a good day.

*added - My best friend may have pancreatitis. I'm going to make a pot of garlic broth for her when I get home. Liquid diets are no fun

Have a good day all

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-24-2008 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad you beat me to it, Ruth. I'm feeling just awful this morning, and even slept in a few more minutes. I could stay in bed for a while, but then the morning would be wasted. Hopefully some coffee will set me right, although tea would probably be better. My throat is so raw that I can barely swallow.

So far it's looking to be a somewhat easy day. I'll head over to meet Maggie's bus at noon, and the girls have gymnastics after school, which gives me an hour for myself. Then home. I think I'll make a nice soothing soup in the crockpot for tonight's supper.

Cat, did you wake your son to clean up the mess? I sure would have!

Nessa, how are you doing, these days? I thinking about your ankle, and hope it's not giving you too much pain.

Cyndi, it sounds like a fun day for you. I hope you have nice weather for the hike!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

ruth, Enjoy making new furry friends for Disney! I was so proud of Jade, there's a dog she hasn't gotten to meet because owners say he's not friendly to other dogs, last few times I was able to walk her by the house with not even a growl, yip, only a little hair on end because he was barking loudly at her, but she remained calm and kept walking with me! I was so proud!

Femme, You WILL miss them when they all are replaced into their forever homes!

Nessa!

Cyndi, sorry about your friend! Give her a hug for me!

Cottage, Hope it passes! I woke up about six feeling nauseated myself!

Me, paperwork that didn't get done yesterday, researching a company I have interview with tomorrow, meet sis after she gets out of work so I can pick up that puppy/baby gate! I think today I WILL make that mexican lasagna I ahve all ingredients for.

Kitty, last two nights, has decided her bed was on my shoulder. I sleep on my side and she gets up on my arm, the highest part of my body, and claims it as her bed! I'm sore from sleeping on one arm all night! She is such a doll! I have the bedroom door open and she's out exploring since the big bad doggie is outside. Actually Jade isn't that bad, when I tell her to sit, she does, she leaves kitty alone for the most part, except when kitty gets scared and runs from her, then the Prey comes into play and the chase is on! I'm hoping sooner or later kitty will claw puppy and puppy will understand kitty IS alpha! LOL

ETA: the sharp pains are back with fury.

Last edited by Loriann7; 09-24-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, if I woke him up everytime he did something "careless" he'd never sleep! He's one of those really brilliant professor types. Terribly smart, but doesn't really think about "common stuff". At 21,He will still put plates down on the edge of the counter etc. He is going to law school next year, can carry on a conversation about anything to anyone, but won't think to close a door and doesn't even notice the disaster that is his room. But, he's a great kid and other than doing careless stuff has NEVER given me a minutes worry. My other son is so detail oriented it's unreal..He notices EVERYTHING and is such a neat freak! (gee, where does he get THAT from?)

For the sore throat. I had one a few weeks ago and got some of those "melt on your tongue" strips and they worked pretty well for a little while..enough to take the big pain edge off.

Lori, looks like I won't miss them at all. I think these 3 are staying unless someone comes along who is "good enough" to take one. We are nuts.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-24-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

I figured I'd drop a line....today is of course, routine. I may be taking an interviewee out to see the sites (I LOVE where I live!!) after working this morning. I'm flying out tomorrow morning at 6 am (po-dunk airport,so only a 15 minute drive with no waiting in line!!), so I'll won't be around much til next week. Flying to FL for a conference...bring on the coffee!!

Have a great day!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
I woke up with a lovely itchy rash all over my arms this morning. Very red so I must have been scratching all night. It started last night but I thought it was just a bug bite. Very strange, the only thing I did yesterday that I don't do every other day was to take my book out in the yard to read for a while in the evening. Oh, and I picked a big bucket of the last of the grape tomatoes. I think I'll try to dry them, I'll never eat them all.
Still no word from DH, about 3.5 weeks now. Oh well, no news is good news, I always say. I'm sure if Russia had taken an American merchant ship, we'd have heard about it!
Nothing too exciting here today, Parks and Recreation Committee meeting tonight, and I think I'll make a quiche with some leftover fish and crab and shrimp for dinner.
Have a great day to all. If I'm going to get a shower, I need to jump in now before I have to take DD to school.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-24-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Cottage, if I woke him up everytime he did something "careless" he'd never sleep! He's one of those really brilliant professor types. Terribly smart, but doesn't really think about "common stuff". At 21,He will still put plates down on the edge of the counter etc. He is going to law school next year, can carry on a conversation about anything to anyone, but won't think to close a door and doesn't even notice the disaster that is his room.
Do you happen to have my DH's long lost brother?

They sound identical.

What law school is he going to?

Schmoo- I don't know how you do it. You're a stronger woman than I am.

--

nothing new today. same ol' same ol'. DH starts his new job at another high school doing dual enrollment stuff. This time it is Cecelia High, for all of my LA girls. I have to start planning DH's 30th birthday party - it's next week! He wants to go golfing and then have a bbq...should be easy enough.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-24-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies:
Black bean soup for Breakfast Yummmm it helps my hot cereal craving but no after effects Cereal makes me want to eat!
I have to say you chicks who have kids and still have time to work out are AMAZING i bow to your greatness. . .Just with having the cat and the kitten I'm in a frenzy!
Schmoo do you have cortisone?
Twyn enjoy the trip!
Cat your son sounds like my dh!
Lori I think your cat and mine are comparing notes sleep wise!
Cottage take care of yourself hon! you're very important! what kind of soup?
Cynd your day sounsd great
Nessa good luck with WI
Ruth good luck with the dentist
Hi Zeff!
I'm hoping to get my butt home early enough to WATP before girls night
bbl!

Last edited by KO; 09-24-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

cottage, feel better sweetie.

Schmoodle.. get some cortizone cream for your rash....
Old 09-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

No fair starting an early post war, Ruth...I'll never win! I'm so glad you and Disney are forging your own path. Oh, a darling pug! After looking at H's pictures, I can't wait to meet one in person! Hope you both enjoy the playdate! Have fun at your appointment.

Yikes about the oriental rugs, Cat! I saw a whole line of hilarious books about how babies should work for their keep (things like "Teach your baby how to repair cars" and "Teach your baby to mix drinks"). Maybe they should make some for puppies?

Nessa

Have fun on the fun day, Cyndi! I'm hoping, since you designed it, that you'll enjoy it! Sorry about your friend. Hope she's better soon!

Wow, Cottage, my throat has been hurting since this weekend, but today it seems to feel better. Hope you feel better soon, too! Do you have any of that "throat coat" tea? Works wonders when you can't have sugar.

Glad kitty is settling in so well, Loriann! Does she have a name?

Twynn, are you starting to get color yet? I'm just north of you, and we have big patches of color all over. Enjoy your drive!

Yikes, Schmoodle! I get really bad reactions to mosquitos and nothing ever helped until my doc tried Claritin. It works wonders for itching! Hope you feel better. A book in the backyard sounds heavenly, but it's a shame it resulted in a rash!

Me: Not much to report. Work, gym, then the usual rush around at home before heading to my food and mood support group. looks like a student just walked in...gotta go!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Chatty group this morning, I'll never get through personals. Crazy phone won't stop ringing this morning, don't these people know I really need my Coffee, and 3FC fix in the morning?

Tried changing up my exercise this morning with an on demand yoga/cardio workout and though not much different than my usual yoga I was sweating buckets and I feel it in my legs. Feel the burn!

Aw crud I have a broken nail! Totally random I know, just keeping you all on your toes! To think I wonder why I have so much trouble with the meditation part of yoga!

Alright I must focus on my day now! Have a great one ladies and I will be back later rest assured for more random thoughts.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

pacer did you meditate on the broken nail?

are your nails natural or acrylic? i have acrylic and when i break a nail it's so obvious....
Closed Thread