Old 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #1  

Default Lolitas/Angels 9/22

Good Morning! I can't believe it's already Monday, again! I had a busy weekend that included a few non-induction items so I'm starting over yet again! Weekends are hard for me. It's gets even harder when I look back and see how slow my progress is. In three weeks, I've only managed to get back to where I was three months ago. Knowing that it's my own fault really doesn't help that much. But I've been reading all sorts of stuff about Low carbing on the Internet and I am convinced that this is my best option so I'll keep going.
Did you go camping, Bigmomma? We had some nice camping weather here, but my DH refuses to go. We used to camp when the kids were younger.
I'm off to eat my LC salad and drink my water!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/197/148

Height: 5'6"

No camping Lynn. I was just exhausted. We didn't go apple picking either. Maybe next weekend for that. I'm going to go without nuts or peanut buttter for at least a few days to see if that helps move the scale down.

Leftover stuffed cabbage for dinner.

I did make it to the gym at lunch. Recumbent bike for 30 minutes and some ab work.

Have a good evening all!
FitMommaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #3  

Hi,
I've been reading a lot on another message board about zero carbs (meat only). I don't think it's for me, but it's interesting to read a point of view where vegetables are considered not-good-for-you. Of course, I would also have to give up morning coffee, my mid afternoon diet coke, and occasional evening teas. And, I guess, the flavored (no sugar, no carbs) water. I can kind of see myself eating that way, but I can't quite picture drinking only plain water all the time. How do you do your morning without coffee? I've cut back to two cups and I've thought about decaf, but no coffee at all? I do drink a lot of water, but sometimes you want something else. The diet coke is my one treat - I hate to give it up. I want to join their board so I could ask about fiber. I guess they must be able to do without fiber, but I'm not sure I can. My own excursions in extra low carb have been rather painful. I need my one salad a day! But it's an interesting discussion.
I've got flank steak marinating for dinner. I think I'm going to chop it up and tell DH and DD they're steak frajitas. I'll eat mine with out the tortillas. The meat only people would probably recommend more fat.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Lynnar: They do recommend more fat for the extreme low carb. That is supposed to aid with digestion. I don't think I could do it, it's tough enough for me just to walk past sugar & flour, (which - today I had to walk past HOME MADE PUMPKIN BREAD! The universe sooooo owes me for not indulging.) if I had to give up dairy and vegetables too I would just be setting myself up for failure. And honestly, I just have to question the safety of a diet which is one food group only.

Bigmommacat, hooray for you getting to the gym. I have a treadmill here at the house I have to force myself to get on. I think I would do better with some variety but the thought of going to my local gym terrifies me. And yes, I've walked past it and it truly is all skinny people all the time. Maybe one of these days.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #5  

I wouldn't be able to eat all meat. What about it appeals to you Lynn? Do they lose faster? Hi Chris! I have an eliptical and a regular exercise bike at home but its near impossible to find time to use them. There are people of all sizes at the gym at work. I probably am one of the largest though. I have a killer headache so I'm off to sleep. Take care all!
Mary
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #6  

Well, this is week four of induction (for about the fifth time this year) and I'm only down four pounds. It's true that I keep messing up on the weekends, but if I was doing something so extreme, maybe I'd have enuf success to stick to it all the the time. I don't mean to whine - I know it's my own fault - but when you deny yourself all the good stuff and you still don't lose, it makes it hard to keep going. Sometimes I get into a mind set where I'm thinking, "It's just fair. Everyone else can drink beer, eat chips and have fun." I know it my own attitude that defeats me most of the time, but if I did a real extreme diet and lost the weight, I would definitely start adding back veggies as soon as possible... It's tempting.

My gym is actually owned by the city and on the poorer side of town. There are all kinds of people there including five or six guys who wear U.S. T-shirts and haircuts and seem to be together. I have to wonder why the Army can't supply them with their own space? I got over worrying about the way I look at the gym a long time ago. I am one of the heavier people there but...if I was happy with the way I look, I wouldn't even be there.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #7  

Quote:
but when you deny yourself all the good stuff
This attitude is troubling and it sounds like you know it's something to work on. I choose not to look at my way of eating as denying myself but instead am CHOOSING to eat foods that are good for me.
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #8  

Lynn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. Try not to focus on what you're not accomplishing and concentrate on what what you are. Where would you be if you had given up? I'm sure worse than now. Chin up girlfriend! You will get this right.

Anyone watch biggest loser?

I'm rooting for yellow and not just because they're from my hometown.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #9  

You didn't upset me, bigmomma. It's just the way it is. I've been doing this for a while now. I'm convinced that there's more to weight loss than traditional doctors know and it's gotta be tied up with carbs and insulin and how each individual processes them. I'll just keep trying until I find something that works. I probably won't do something as drastic as the "zero carbers," because I think it would be too hard to stay on that plan. I'm afraid of the pressure from people who believe in the four food groups.

I've never watched Biggest Losers. I saw about ten minutes of it the other night and they were talking about typical low fat recipes and I've been reading so much about the benefits of fat that I wasn't all that interested. Back when I was doing Weight Watchers (unsuccessfully) I would have like it much better.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Hi Ladies! lynn, I'm the same way. I've seen a few minutes of Biggest Loser, but I'm not a big fan of contest reality shows, and the low fat stuff is just hard to listen to when that part of the show is just not for me. I'm becoming more an more convinced that Dr Atkins "low fat is an AMA/government conspiracy" is actually right on target.

I did horribly today. I met a friend for lunch and we split a cheesesteak sandwich. And ate a few chips. So, I'm definitely out of ketosis and probably need to be supergood the next couple days. I'm interested to see if teh scale drops though. For some reason, right after I break plan, I have a 3 lb weight drop - that stays off! It's really strange. About once a month I go out of ketosis and every time it works! As long as I break for bread, I'm usually ok. If I get sweets, I'm screwed. Of course, in a perfect world, I wouldn't break at all. ARGH! Why can't I do this?
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #11  

Default Fab Friday

Peng - you will do this. It's a journey. Hang in there

Looking forward to weekend. I'my priority is to get all my water in and a workout even if it's just walking the dogs.

Not much on the agenda, kids resale is having snow gear event tonight and I'm scrap booking with friends tomorrow night.

Food's been okay. The scale was down to 273 this morning, so I'm happy. Did I mention Dr. said natural peanut butter was ok?

Have a good day 36, Peng and Lynn and anyone else to come!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #12  

Just wanted to stop by long enuf to say HI! Busy day today and challenging weekend coming up. Pot luck tonight and I won't even get to eat my own stuff since I assigned it to DH and he's making cole slaw with the bottled (sugar added) dressing. I'm hoping there's some kind of meat with no sauce. Tomorrow we're going to a wedding out of town so that's it's own challenge. I was actually up a couple of pounds this morning for no apparent reasons- i've been good all week! Let's hope it's just one of those things. See you all Monday.