Old 09-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Eating out--Red Lobster?

Hi all,

We are going to Red Lobster tonight for a birthday dinner. I read somewhere on this site that some centers give information on what to order when eating out, so I thought one of you might be able to help me.

I am still on the yellow menu, so I plan to have a fish, cooked broccoli and salad. Does anyone know if RL uses butter to grill or broil their fish? What about on the broccoli? I'm guessing even their fat-free salad dressing would be off plan so I'll forgo dressing. How about their portion sizes--will the salad and broccoli be close to 4 oz each?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Kim
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/244/140

Height: 5'2

Hey,

I use to work at Red Lobster, I only left about 5 months ago so I'm going to assume that the way things are done is still the same...

The broccoli is steamed so it's usually just cooked with a little seasoning, depending on the cook, there may be butter, but you can request that there be no butter.

Butter is not used when grilling the fish and in the case of Red Lobster their grilled fish is WAY better than their broiled fish.

Now be pre-warned....you are given two sides with your fresh fish dinner so I would advise that you get two portions of broccoli, I would say each serving is about 2-3 oz.

The salads are about 4-5 oz. They have a really good red wine vingirette (I know that's spelled wrong) for dressing. My boyfriend just uses lemon wedges and pepper to give his salad more flavor.

NOW, just to let you know, those tasty little biscuits are 160 calories each, so if you can't resist them (most can't) try to have only one!

I hope this helps! Good Luck!
Raye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #3  

Raye,

Thanks so much for your reply--exactly the information I was looking for. I can't allow myself even a taste of the cheesy biscuits or I will eat the entire basket...so yummy. Sounds like Red Lobster is a great place to stay OP if you can resist the biscuit temptation.

Thanks again--I really appreciate your information and advice.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 309/257/170

Height: 5 ft 5.5 inches

Thumbs up Red lobster menu ideas

I travel alot and eat at the red lobster. I usually get the apple walnut chicken salad with blue cheese dressing on the side. If I have to have an appetizer I get a 1/2 pound of crab legs and use lemon juice instead of butter. I can't resist the biscuts so I ask them not to bring them. I am on meta balance program and loose about 1-2 lbs per week.
Delta Dawn 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #5  

Thanks for the menu ideas, Delta Dawn. I ended up having the grilled walleye with two sides of broccoli (pretty sure it added up to more than 4 oz) and a side salad w/ red wine vin. on the side. Great meal. I'll definitely try the apple walnut chicken salad once my menu allows for it.

The biscuits are EVIL...I had to break one up to feed to my son and it about killed me. Painful to say the least. I'll definitely ask to keep them away next time!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191.5/179/135

Height: 5'2"

I ate at Red Lobster this past weekend with my husband. I was also tormented by the biscuits....they are evil!

I ended up ordering the skewered grilled shrimp, brocolli, and had a salad with vinegar & oil dressing on the side (fork dipping). I had a stash of melba toast in my purse and had it after in the car. Melba toast has become some sort of weird treat, and is oddly satisfying.

I caugh myself gazing at my DH's meal.....alfredo!....and realized I had to make choices, and concentrated on enjoying how good the shrimp was.

Keep hanging in there!
Racer Girl 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Maybe this will help.

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=red_lobster
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #8  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

When I go out with my husband, he wants the bread, so we always put it as close to him as possible and as far away from me as possible. It makes it less of a temptation, and I have to really decide to reach way across the table for it, so it usually works out okay. That's one of my biggest issues, though!
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #9  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

What I do with the tempting breads at resturants is set them on the other side of the stand up desert menus that they typically have setting on the table. It helps me if I can't see them.
DKRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214.6/193/160

Height: 5'7"

My husband and I ate at Red Lobster yesterday. I went in knowing I would order the all you can eat shrimp. What a mistake that would have been! Instead, I got the grilled salmon w/steamed broccoli from the lunch menu and ate the dinner salad dry. It was delicious! Also had one biscuit. I'm not going to beat myself up about that one. Looking back, the biscuit wasn't that good! Could have done without it after all.
Alloramadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
Hey,

I use to work at Red Lobster, I only left about 5 months ago so I'm going to assume that the way things are done is still the same...

The broccoli is steamed so it's usually just cooked with a little seasoning, depending on the cook, there may be butter, but you can request that there be no butter.

Butter is not used when grilling the fish and in the case of Red Lobster their grilled fish is WAY better than their broiled fish.

Now be pre-warned....you are given two sides with your fresh fish dinner so I would advise that you get two portions of broccoli, I would say each serving is about 2-3 oz.

The salads are about 4-5 oz. They have a really good red wine vingirette (I know that's spelled wrong) for dressing. My boyfriend just uses lemon wedges and pepper to give his salad more flavor.

NOW, just to let you know, those tasty little biscuits are 160 calories each, so if you can't resist them (most can't) try to have only one!

I hope this helps! Good Luck!

My DH and I go to RL often (since is one of the best rest. around here)...Thanks for the info...now , I am ready to order!

Last edited by redtequila; 10-15-2008 at 01:08 PM.
redtequila is offline   Reply With Quote