Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #1  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Terrified, but I'm going to order NS (vegetarian any good?)

Hi everyone. I feel liike I need so much support. Glad I found this place. First, a few questions:

I'm a vegetarian, so that's what I'll have to sign up for? Are the veggies meals decent and varied and creative or will they send me a ton of tofu each day? Are these meals high in soy products to make up for the protein? (I'm allergic to soy). My allergy to soy combined with being a vegetarian has been my biggest barrier to signing up to most meal delivery services. I found a cool local/ regional service and couldn't do it because she said she uses plenty of soy. Bummer. So please share your experience with the vegetarian nutrisystem meals.

Also, what else do I need to stock up on? It seems like the salads and fruits don't come with the meals, so I have to buy those at the grocery, is that right?

Finally, who do I contact for a coupon to make this more affordable?

I don't know why .... but I'm so SCARED to take this step!

Last edited by Itstime; 09-21-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: grammar
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #2  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

if it says tvp that means total vegetable protein. It isn't bad either. I was vegan for a year and used that quite a bit in chilis etc.

Best of luck on the rest of the steps and yes you do buy your own veggies etc.

Go to the top and email the moderators for the coupon
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Just FYI "Textured or texturized vegetable protein (TVP), also known as textured soy protein (TSP) is a meat substitute made from defatted soy flour, a by-product of making soybean oil."
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #4  

If you are allergic to soy DO NOT ORDER THIS PLAN! Go to the indivdual foods listings and read the ingredients. You will find that there is a ton of soy in the products. If you are really allergic and you really want a meal plan you are going to need to look into one of the more expensive plans. Again I stress DO NOT order this plan it is loaded with soy, please go read all the ingredients and take note that "natural flavoring" is often msg which is soy!
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/199/158

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Soon I'll be able to offer some feedback on the taste, because I ordered all vegetarian meals on the Flex plan! Yes, it's Frankenfood, invented by a scientist, but the sodium is decent (under 1800), and the Advanced gets away from partially-hydrogenated fats, so that's an improvement. Prolly too many ingredients you could be allergic to, though!

Louise
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote