South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/290/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Fell off the wagon

Can you offer me some words of encouragement to start again? For the last two weeks, I have cheated constantly. Luckily I didn't gain, just held steady. How do you pick yourself up after a mess up?
misscas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

If I had $1 for every time I fell off the wagon, I'd be a very rich girl and would never have to work again. You just have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over again. Ph1 will help you detox and stop the cravings from the cheating you've done the last few weeks. Also, try to learn that 1 cheat does not mean you've failed, so it's ok to just keep cheating. Nobody's perfect. We all screw up. We just have to get over the cheat, forgive ourselves, and get back at it.
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

The best way to not cheat (clears throat as reminder) is to make a menu plan! When I plan my meals I tend to stick to diet! I dunno, I weird!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

The chicks are right, it's not the end of the world, we have almost all been there. Just keep going. As long as you don't give up, you are still in the game. The best way I've found to keep from cheating is to create a safe zone (home), where the temptations are minimal, and planning, planning, planning. You especially have to have a plan for times when you know you are going to be around things that are going to make you want to cheat.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #5  
Creative Beacher

First, each day is a new day! It helps me to find new recipes and snack ideas to try, SB friendly of course. That way I'm excited about what I get to eat vs bummed about what I don't.
merryalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #6  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Default You can do it!

Maybe you should make a top ten list of reasons you want to lose weight. you can keep it in a place you will see it often, perhaps the fridge door? This might help remind you want you are taking better care of yourself?

Whatever you do don't stop trying...... The is when you have a problem.

Whatever you decide have a great week!

Last edited by akacutie; 09-21-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling error...LOL
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Great idea, Tracy!

When I first started trying to lose weight, I had my (now ex) husband take a picture of me in a swimming suit, one from the front, one from the side, making sure I wasn't smiling in either picture. I put one on the fridge, and hung one in the pantry where we kept the snacky junk food. That helped.
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote