South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Thumbs up I'd just like to reiterate...

...that I love the SOUTH BEACH DIET!!! Tomorrow will be my last day of week 10 being on the beach and I've lost a total of 27.8lbs to date with no exercise!!! Note: I will be breaking a sweat very soon. I just got my membership to the gym so exercise is coming. So, I'm guessing I'll be passed my goal weight by Christmas. I cannot wait to reach P3.

I've tried other diets in the past and because of HBP I couldn't carry out Atkins and with WW I didn't want to eat anything I wanted going by points. I wanted to eat healthy and not worry about points and calories. My fat and sugar intake used to be so high so SBD was the right choice for me. I have given up bread, potatoes, rice, all beverages except for red wine and water, I also gave up pork, red and game meats as well. I don't crave sugars or fattening foods. I know that once in a while I can have a reasonable taste of a treat I like and not gain an ounce. I don't feel as heavy as I used to be and I am watching myself disappear and it's great!!! My self-esteem is rising.

I like how the SBD meal plan goes... breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and I'm used to it now and it's automatic. Simple. I did have trouble in the first four days of P1, but I remedied the problems and found solutions. At the end of P1, I was motivated and there was no turning back.

Anyway, I felt the need to express myself so here it is.

THANK YOU SOUTH BEACH DIET!!!

Last edited by SBD Sass; 09-19-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: corrected a misspelling
Old 09-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Great post sbd sass and congratulations on your success.

Last edited by GONNABE165; 09-19-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Thanks gonnabe165!

Also, I forgot to say that the best thing about SBD is that it's FREE!!!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

WOOO HOOOO!! You go girl!! You are doing AWSOME! I like the free thing too
Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Way to go, congrats! And the reasons you listed are why I also love SB.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #6  

I have to agree that it is almost a relief to be eating healthy, wholesome foods that don't trigger cravings. I've learned so much about how food affects me and what to eat and not eat to control the cravings that I don't even consider it a diet anymore, just a better, healthier way of living.

Congratulations on your success.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations on your loss. You're a stronger woman than me if you've given up all bread, rice, red meat & pork! I really appreciate my Ezekial bread now. I think SBD is the best. It's got me back in the kitchen making all these wonderful recipes posted here. My husband is lovin' it too.
Lifetime WW here & I can't believe how much more expensive meetings are now. I don't miss counting those points.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #8  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Thanks everyone! I'm just so happy right now. My friend put me onto SBD. He had been doing it for a long time and he told me to get on it about two years ago. He would send me progress pics every months and he was just shrinking. One day I looked in the mirror and I couldn't believe how big I had gotten. I booked a cruise in July and I said to myself that it would be nice to wear a bikini for the first time in my life so I jumped on the SBD and I think it was the best decision I've made in a very long time. Oh and my DD13 is on the SBD as well and she's dropped pounds and inches. She cheats a little but she's doing good for a 13 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
Congratulations on your loss. You're a stronger woman than me if you've given up all bread, rice, red meat & pork! I really appreciate my Ezekial bread now. I think SBD is the best. It's got me back in the kitchen making all these wonderful recipes posted here. My husband is lovin' it too.
Lifetime WW here & I can't believe how much more expensive meetings are now. I don't miss counting those points.
Oh yeah, I cook A LOT but I find that the meals I prepare take less time to cook than the regular meals I was making before SBD. I always choose the quick and easy ones and they come out great! I'm running the dishwasher a lot these days.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD Sass View Post
I'm running the dishwasher a lot these days.
Come to think about it, I am too. Wow, it's gotta be all the home cooking!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:00 AM   #10  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hadn't thought about it, but we are running the DW a lot also.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I run ours at least once a day, if not twice. Our DW is teensy though.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

Height: 5'4"

lucky gals! Don't have a dishwasher!! but its okay cause its just the two of us.
Closed Thread