Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #1  
BigApple18

Default Want to Stop now!

I have been fortunate in getting a great result. It took me long -almost 6 /7 months - many times i had lost hope. But, now it is a routine for me. I managed to shed almost 21 lbs in these 6 months. I adopted a healthy regimen:

Early to bed - Wake up before sunrise - lots of water - Lesser TV - walking etc. The effects were slow to some extent. tried a couple of fibrous supplements. They seemed to help but in the end, mind & body were not in sync. One of my close friend's aunt is a big diet buff. She was taking 'Phenocal' and in spite of her age was quiet cheerful about it.

I started with a couple of pills & felt good. Started on a regular Phenocal diet along with my new found routine. I have almost gained 5 - 10 years in age. But the problem is -

What if i stop Phenocal now? Has anyone experienced it or will i regain the weight i have lost? I have increased my physical activity in preparation of leaving it.
Let me know your experience if you have used Phenocal.

Cheers
BA
bigapple18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #2  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

I know that some of these weight loss supplements can work but I'm very sceptical after taking them myself. The changes you have made to your lifestyle should be enough to keep the weight off. I previously lost whilst taking proactol, but I've done exactly the same thing with diet and exercise this time round and not taken the proactol and the weight has come off just as well. So give it a try, if you continue with the other changes you have made you shouldn't have a problem
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

I have moved your post to this section because you may get more response here. There is a redirect posted from Weight Loss Support.

My own feeling is that you probably would have lost weight anyway by changing your diet and increasing your exercise. The supplement "may" have helped, but I'd look for scientific studies.

When studies have been done, they often show something like "in 6 months someone can lose up to 9 pounds without changing anything else." (Actual results for one supplement.) This really is almost in the range of statistical error in the tests. If someone is obese, 9 pounds in 6 months is not much! And certainly not worth the price.

I haven't used this product, but to get back to your question: If you continue to exercise regularly and watch what you eat carefully, and by that I mean control your intake by counting calories, limiting portions, or following a meal plan, then you certainly can continue to lose. That's how it works!

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

From what I've read, Phenocal has decent ingredients that have shown some possible help with weight loss, BUT these ingredients are not in concentrations high enough to be effective.

Also, I noticed this product has ingredients that contain caffeine. If you already drink caffeinated beverages, it might not be in your best interest to take it. In my experience, too much caffeine can cause problems.

I'd wean myself off of it and see what happens. If you keep following a healthy lifestyle (exercise & good diet) you should be fine.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #5  
BigApple18

Thanks to all of you. I guess i am on the right track. After reading your replies i am more determined. Phenocal or No Phenocal, i just want to be in tune with nature.
Once again, thanks for your sincere suggestions!

Last edited by bigapple18; 09-20-2008 at 08:01 AM.
bigapple18 is offline   Reply With Quote