South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default Finally Friday

Good Morning Gals,

it's only 5:45 but i'm up. DH has left for work. with our mods out cavorting I figured i'd start the thread if that's ok...

sadly the news i share is not good....

Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge last night. here's what I wrote to my newf rescue group:
Quote:
Dear Friends,

Last night at about 9:13 Bagel Henry went to Rainbow Bridge. My friend and I were with him.

he was laying in the surgery on a blanket eating chopped chicken from the tech's hands when we arrived. he looked at me, smiled, wagged his tail and staggered to his feet. They said he had been a lot calmer and nicer since daddy had come to see him earlier that day. My husband feels he just needed to say goodbye to the family. He staggered and fell walking around the small room and we let him. I sat on the floor on the blanket petting him, questioning if I was doing the right thing.

Maybe he'll get better... but i knew in my heart this was not the life I wanted for him. I wanted him to run and chase squirrels and rabbits and be pain free. I wanted him to be slim and not hurt anymore. I wanted him not to have to take pills and cry when he tried to get on the couch. I wanted his eyes to be bright and happy again, not dull and sad.

The vet gave him a sedative... but he was testy and needed to be muzzled... he let me muzzle him and the look he gave me made me laugh. As soon as the sedative was given the vet took the muzzle off of him. soon his head began to droop, he got the silliest look on his face, his breathing no longer that hard, labored, can't catch my breath from the pain breathing,slowed to a light comfortable,breath and and he went to doggy lala land which really was kind of funny as he kept looking at me like "i don't know who you are pretty lady but I like that you pet me"... he was high as a kite... he licked his nose a bit and watched me...

The vet (a small gnome of a man who really loves dogs) knelt and shaved his flank to put the line it. the pink anesthetic that stops his heart was administered and even though they say dogs do not close their eyes Bagel did. He was peaceful. I am glad I stayed with him to the very end.
we pet him a few more times and we left. i did not want the body or to have his ashes....

got home... hannah sniffed me up and down and ran and curled up in brian's lap and is now sleeping with girl child.

my arms are empty
my heart is aching
my eyes won't stop leaking.

RIP Bagel Henry DOB @2000-September 18, 2008

thank you all for your help and support. I feel like I failed him. but he's not in pain anymore....

bright blessings,
nessa
thanks to all of you for all your support and love.

no my food was not good last night... but i'm back on track now.

more later.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:57 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Oh Nessa now my eyes are leaking too. What I didn't say before is that when our baby couldn't walk the vet kept saying she would get better. We waited 4 months and it was way too long for everyone. This is how it should have been. Peace to you and to Bagel.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:49 AM   #3  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Nessa...I wish I could give you a hug. You in NO WAY failed Bagel. You gave him a good home and a happy life. In my opinion, for what it's worth, you made the right choice. I've been in the same situation you are in and I honestly think it's one of the hardest places to be. My eyes won't stop leaking for you now either. Hold your head high, know you did the right thing, and soon peace will come to you.

I'm headed out to the doctor today...blood pressure has been all over the place and have been incredibly dizzy for 4 days now....including literally running into walls at work. Lovely.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Nessa - I am so sorry for your loss. Definately did the right thing for him, even though is was so difficult for you.

--

Good morning chicks. Hard to get enthusiastic when you're all choked up, huh?

Today for me - I'm thinking of taking my little girl out for breakfast . If she's willing (that's a BIG if!!), I think it'd be fun. Then off with the hubby for a meeting and a run then lunch, then to work this afternoon. Hopefully it will be a calm day!!

Have a great friday!
Old 09-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

i'd go to breakfast with you Twynn....

Mandy good luck with the doc and the BP

sorry I made such a sad post... but be happy he's running now...

here's my favorite shot of him with hannah back in the summer of 2002 when hannah was about 10 weeks old:

oh it's too big removed it.

Last edited by ladybugnessa; 09-19-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Oh Nessa, my heart really goes out to you. You did NOT fail him. My husband said the same thing when in the last 3 years we've had to had 2 of our old sweathearts put down. There was no more anyone could do for them and they were suffering horribly and I'm sure it's the same thing with Bagel. It is so much kinder to take them out of pain when there is no hope left. But I know how much it hurts and we still miss Scout and Murphy horribly. Soon you will only think of the fun stuff and the strange little "quirks" he had and all the cute stuff he did.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Nessa- Sending prayers you way today, I know how the empty arms feel, and I am glad to see that you know he is playing now and in no pain
Old 09-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Nessa, I'm so very sorry that you lost Bagel. Big hugs!

I am still here checking in, although life is so hectic I can rarely post. In fact, right now Kadyn wants to "do school" but I told her I had to check e-mail really fast.

Off to tend to the little ones. Waves to all!

Kara
Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #9  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Nessa: So sorry to hear about Bagel. May all your wonderful memories bring you peace.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Nessa I am sooooo sorry If i was with you right now I would hug you in person
Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Nessa, I'm so, so sorry. The loss of a pet is almost worse than the loss of a human. Your post made me remember how I felt when we put our Schatzie down in 2002. Just remember that the heart heals over time. Try to remember all the good times you had with Bagel while he was healthy and happy.

Good morning to everyone else. TGIF!!!!! I'm tired today. Little Guy had a fever yesterday and seems to still be under the weather today. He got up and turned his stereo on at 4:45 this morning, waking Tom, which woke me. Tom's been up since, I just went to the bathroom and went back to bed, but I'm still pretty tired.

Yesterday at work I finished a huge project by myself. I alphabetized literally 4500 movies, title by title. It took me from 10am to 3:30pm. I didn't even stop to eat, I was so worried I wouldn't get it done in time. Have another project to help today go by. The nicer, mild weather has put a damper on our business lately, although we're still doing better than this week last year. Still looking for other work. Applying for a few every day, it seems. Hopefully soon something will come along.

My leg is bruised pretty nice from running into my arch nemesis, the safe, on Wednesday. Doesn't hurt too bad though, at least.

Well, I should get moving. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lisa
Old 09-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

Lisa, so sorry Little man is under the weather... as for bruises, I am always covered with them.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kara glad to see ya checkin in

Tomorrow starts vacation so I will be away for 8 days and I so can't wait. You chickies be good.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Nessa Many hugs my friend.

Mandy hope all goes well at the doctors today.

TGIF indeed! Things are looking up around here although I have accepted I am not going to get my bonus this month.

DD had a great volleyball game lastnight, 5 hard fought games and they won, my voice is a little rough today!

Having a yard sale tomorrow and am no where near ready, it is going to be a long night but I have stuff that has to go before we move (if the guy ever gets the house done) I am not having a repeat of moving my SIL 2 weeks ago!

Hope you all have a great friday! I will check back later!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 09-19-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #15  
Determined to lose!

Nessa hugs hun! Again, so very sorry about Bagel. I know my cats were sick for a couple years, and a year before I finally did put them to sleep (one was 17, the other 19) I knew I should but I couldn't! OH how I miss them both!

Kara! Nice to see you again! Hugs hun.

Me, I'm TIRED! Kitten is noctirnal! LOL. Night before last she just spent night on bed under blankets as close to me as she could get. Last night she spent night playing between cat naps which she took up on "her" dresser in her basket! When she played she'd come say hi to me, then go to her play area! Of course I had an open eye as I wanted to watch her play. She eventually even used the litter box! (first time she's gone potty since I've had her at 1 pm on Wed!) And boy does that little girl have an appetite! Her eyes aren't as runny, but last night I heard her sneeze a few times. We have a vet appt this am to check everything out.

NSV: I ran into a friend at the store yesterday I hadn't seen in awhile, and she said "your looking good, you've lost weight!" um, I have? LOL< but the jeans I was wearing I haven't been able to wear in years, and they kept falling down, so perhaps the loss is in fat, not muscle?
Closed Thread