General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Default I am having uber buyers remorse

I just purchased a new car today.

here's the back story.

I drove a 91 dynasty for about 3 years, (prior to that an 88 olds) then it had an electrical failure on the hwy. I then started driving my parents 91 lebaron convertible (they own a lot of crap cars and are always willing to share when us kids are in need) Well...the lebaron broke down and would be too much to fix, so I decided now was the perfect time to buy a new one. I did my research with my brother, did all my test driving, and narrowed it down to the Ford Focus. I signed the papers today.

I have buyers remorse.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing car. But I just feel out of place in it. I keep thinking about the payment and that I'll have this car for a long time and yada yada. I was so anxious when I got home that I had to go back out and drive it again. *sigh* I think once the plates are on it, and I get completely used to it I won't feel this way...but right now I'm on edge.

Oi!!!

I'm pretty excited about the gas mileage and the SYNC system though.

Anyways. Just a rant.

Anyone else ever have buyers remorse over a big purchase like this?
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your new vehicle! My friend is a car saleswoman, and she swears by the Focus. You made a smart purchase. Don't be too remorseful. She said they are great for the price and you can get all sorts of cool extras. I have never purchased a vehicle (my parents bought my first car and I got my second for graduation and then my dad died and I got his Jeep). I have bought a house however, and don't regret that decision at all. Great investment. Same as your car. You will grow into it I bet with time. Maybe you need a bobblehead for the dash!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I always feel that way with large purchases. I'm sure you'll feel better about it once you get used to the car. Plus, you have a warranty! So no worries about expensive repairs.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I still have buyers remorse on a car that I bought a year ago. It was a used 2007 Dodge Caliber, and my car kept overheating and I was fed up with it. So I did absolutely no research and bought the first car I tested. Looking back I would have done things way differently. Also probably would have just bought a brand new car instead of used.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #5  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

sounds like just nerves! a car payment, insurance, etc is a bit scary! we got our first new car about 6 months ago and we definitely felt a bit of anxiety over it. but knowing that we are going to be able to safely get from point A to point B is definitely worth it!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:19 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8

I have a new ford focus hatchback.. and i LOOOOOVE it dearly. He's getting a wash tomorrow =]

Welcome to the club!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:23 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

I had tested a focus and hated the feel of it, but mind you, I was driving a lincoln town car before that! going from luxury to a four banger just wasn't going to work. I tested a buick century and love it. It's an 03 that I bought in 04 for a discounted price than other centurys that year due to being a "program" car. It was a rental and after rentals they have to maintain the vehicle. So that didn't scare me. I do not regret my decision, it's comfortable, it's great on gas, and it's dependable! And, only 10 more payments left! YEE HAW!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #8  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

My husband teases me that my bank card cries whenever I buy anything that doesnt come from the $ store! We have made a few big purchases and I struggle with all of them. Mostly what happens if we have an emergency right after the purchase that really needed the money. We had a Grand Caravan and I had huge issues getting that. Mind you I was a hormonal preggo during that purchase which did not help. The new computer gave me stress and just recently the new hd tv, blue ray, sourround sound and wii all at once. Mind you we paid cash for the electronics no credit. Still DH is the spender & I mull so long sometimes we miss sales and then I force the situation to wait for the next sale which I claim will allways be a better deal! LOL Once you get driving your little baby and give it a name and personality LOL you will feel better.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

I was going to suggest the same thing as Julia. Give the new baby car a name You may feel better about it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on the new car!
My Mom drives a '08 Focus, and loves it!.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Here's a funny story about the name thing!!!! So, the font for the new focus's are the same as the Spiderman font. The car is black with black interior so my brother right away was like "this is like a spiderman car!!!" AND to top that whole story off, the salesman guy said I looked like Kirsten Dunst(mind you I have blonde hair now..not black like my pic) who is in Spiderman! I call it my SpideyCar I feel a whole lot better today than last night. That's for sure. Thanks guys!
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote