Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #1  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Fruits and Vegetables on NS

Hi.

I was just wondering, are there any fruits/vegetables that are NOT allowed on the NS plan?

The list on the back of my daily tracker thigy is quite small so it got me wondering are those all the only fruits and vegs that I can have or can I have any others? I am particularly fond of bean sprouts and bok choi (sp?). I also like adding lime juice to pretty much all my vegetables and I am just treating it as if it was lemon juice (free), is that ok?

Thanks!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #2  
klc

One of my favorites years ago when I was on NS was to cut a winter squash (acorn, butternut, spaghetti...take your pick) in half, scoop out the seeds and put it face down in a microwave plate (the one with the ridges works great), put about a half inch of water in the plate, and microwave it for around 20 minutes. It steams it perfectly. With the acorn and butternut, if you feel froggy, you can sprinkle it with splenda brown sugar and a few sprits of ICBINB. With the spaghetti squash, you can scoop it out on a plate and put any of your marinara type meals on it.
-Kathy
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

There really is nothing that isn't allowed, however, starchy veggies like potatoes and peas and corn should be counted as a low GI sub (like for your bread with the burger or chicken).

Lemon and lime juice as condiments are fine. The booklet is really a guideline with the most common fruits and veggies, but you can eat the ones you like
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #4  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

klc: that squash idea sounds really good, I've done spaghetti squash before, but I tend to forget about it, good reminder.

Lori: I knew I could count on you . That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote