Old 09-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 9/14/08

Good morning! I had a good weekend. We went to a local theater to celebrate their 50th season--ate too much. That night we went to a restaurant with some friends. Played golf yesterday, but it was really hot outside.

I am supposed to WI this evening, but I don't think I will. I feel fat. I've not been OP lately and I don't know why. I have kept up my activity, but I'm eating all the wrong things.

Anyone else have that problem.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

My mom's surprise birthday party went off great! She didn't know that ANY of us were coming over. DH and I got there first, and we didn't let on that my older brother and his wife were coming either, so it was a surprise all over again when they showed up. My brother and SIL brought a gelatto cake instead of an ice cream cake and it was YUMMY. I make three bean salad and potato salad, and my dad bought the meat for the BBQ.

Ok so here's a good bit of gossip for you that I bet is going to float around my workplace today. So there was a happy hour after work on Friday. I didn't want to go, because I thought someone might buy me a drink and I'd have to refuse and people would get suspicious. But then my friend Kim said "Just tell them that I plan on getting really drunk and you might have to drive me home too!" So I went and Jay (my husband) ended up going too since we commute together. Well guess what my boss said after he had about 6 drinks in him? "Hey Lori, do you want some of my appetizer? I know you're eating for two now." I could have reached across the table and punched him right in the face!!!!! I think Kim kicked him under the table or something because this other guy Dann asked if "there was something we didn't know" and my boss said "Oh no, just because Jay said he's only having beer tonight and no food". I would think that, as my supervisor, he would be extra careful about NOT SPILLING THE BEANS especially since we had a long conversation about how I didn't want anyone to know until I was past the first trimester and that wouldn't be until November. And also how I only told him because I'm going to have quite a few medical appointments coming up and I didn't want him to think anything was wrong (with the leukemia and all). What a jerk! I hope he doesn't try to come up to my cube and talk to me today or apologize. I don't want to see him at all!

Lisa - I've been having that problem, but amazingly haven't been gaining any weight. I honestly think my metabolism is up because of the pregnancy (I've heard that can happen). I've only gained 2 pounds, and that was all from when I was on vacation. I do need to get back to the gym though. Exercise is supposed to make delivery and recovery easier.

Last edited by modkittn; 09-15-2008 at 08:42 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #3  

Lori, How awful of your boss to say that after you specifically asked him not to do so. See, your first inclination not to go was probably right. I can see why you are upset.

I'm glad your mother's party was a surprise. Mmmm gelato, I love it, but have never seen a cake made with it.

Good for you for not gaining a lot of weight. Yes, exercise does make deliveries better.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #4  

Well, I went to WI and was up 1.5#. It's not as bad as I thought, but it's still in the wrong direction. I would love to be down 5#. I know that my clothes would fit better. It's all my fault.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #5  

Lisa - Just make sure you get back on the wagon and put that gain behind you. I'm still up the 2 that I gained on vacation, but I can't lose now! From what I've read, they recommend a 2-5 pound gain in the first trimester, so I think I'm pretty good there anyway.

I wonder where everyone is lately?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Weclome back!!!

I'm still here--just been busy with projects, meetings, football, etc. It's been crazy. I went to my meeting last week and was up a little which was okay. I'm hoping that it's gone this week. My clothes are definitely fitting a lot better.

I'm still going for my weekly chiropractor appointments and the shooting pains are pretty much gone; I'm doing the exercises he gave me for my neck and that seems to help. I can tell when I'm not watching my posture because my neck starts to ache. My friend and I are back to walking two days a week although I'm not sure what's going to happen when the nasty weather arrives because she's not renewing her membership to the Wellness Center since she joined a new gym. I may be walking on my own during the nasty weather.

Lisa: That really isn't a bad gain although I know what you're saying about how your clothes fit. I can really tell the difference when my weight is up and it's frustrating! I'm struggling with eating the right foods...I was doing okay and then got into the tortilla chips...and you know what happens then!

Lori: I'm glad your mom's party went well. We're going to a surprise 50th for a friend in a couple of weeks. It should be fun. I'd be upset with my boss as well if he said something that I didn't want known. Exercise will definitely help with your delivery and how you feel afterwards--like I said I wish I would've know that with my first pregnancy because it made a big difference with my second one.

When I had my appointment with the chiropractor this morning he asked if I had any blood work done to check for arthritis and I told him that originally the doctor's office was going to do that and then they just had me get my thyroid checked; he was going to call my doctor and ask that they do the test because my hands are swollen (I can barely get my rings off/on and to clench my hands--left more than right--into a fist is hard). I'm so tired of not being able to do the things I enjoy! Cutting veggies is a chore and I'm worried about cutting my fingers!

It's cool here today--66; Sunday we hit 88 and yesterday the cold front came through. It's refreshing.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #7  

Lori, Thanks for the pep talk. I know what I need to do, but then I go out and buy Chex Mix. Yesterday I even hit the vending machine which I rarely do. Argh.

Melissa, Hooray that the shooting pains are gone. Gosh, I hope you don't have arthritis--terrible thing. Your weather sounds heavenly.

Speaking of birthdays, DH will be 60 in October. He said he doesn't want a party, so I think we will just go out with some friends to dinner. I asked him to recommend a restaurant and he did; I frowned. He said: "did I make a bad choice?" I'm awful--I asked him for a recommendation. We'll discuss it further.

Talked to my sister last night. She is doing bad since the funeral. She is going to a counselor, but the first visit just brought tears. I know that grieving takes a while. She keeps blaming herself, etc. Also, it's affecting her job and her boss said something to her. Gosh, that would be horrible if she lost her job.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa, don't keep any change/bills on you at work and that way you won't be able to use the vending machine. I've gotten to the point that I don't even go down the snack (chip) aisle because I know what that will lead to! It's an ugly cycle. Was the restaurant recommendation somewhere that he really enjoys? Can your sister take some time off to regroup? She may want to consider that--unfortunately it was a terrible accident and there wasn't anything she could have done to have prevented it but I'm sure it's hard to see that now. It takes time to go through the grieving process and hopefully the counselor will be able to help her out.

I've got a crazy weekend ahead of me--tomorrow I get my hair cut at noon, our orientation banquet after work, followed by DS #2's football game AND a get together afterwards; Saturday morning will be getting some laundry done while DS #2 is at football then heading to the rugby game and boat house party afterwards. Sunday morning I work at WW and then nothing planned for the afternoon other than football games on TV.

I went to my meeting yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with another nice loss at the scale (2.8#) this week which takes me back down to my original goal weight (142). My jeans fit, my pants fit and I'm feeling good about that!

Does everyone else have plans for the weekend?
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #9  

Congrats Melissa on the loss! Also glad to hear that you aren't having any more shooting pain. You must be very happy

Lisa - I was going to ask the same as Melissa, is the restaurant DH thought of one of his favorites? Can you order something like a salad, or a salad and something else?

I'm heading to Vermont this weekend. DH and I go at least once a year. My older brother and SIL are coming with us this year. Should be fun! Lots of hiking

Last edited by modkittn; 09-18-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #10  

Melissa, Congratulations, congratulations on the loss!! You are on a roll. Yes, I know I should just stay away from those vending machines...My sister works in a doctor's office and she's it, so taking time off is not an option. I, too, hope that the counselor helps her.

You do have a busy weekend! I'm doing a beach clean up volunteer thing on Saturday morning. Sunday I have chorus rehearsal, but that's it.

Lori, Vermont is so pretty and I love hiking. I'm envious.

DH's restaurant choice is all right and it's really not one of his favorites. I don't know why he chose it. They have healthy things to eat.