Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Frighten Away the Fat~~Week 3

It's Monday Right? Here is Week 3

Work was tough yesterday but I made it through. I will work today too. The docs wont do the angiogram on Pop until later (Nana is Livid) because I guess he had an outburst Saturday night and they had to sedate. Poor Nana, I can only Imagine how she feels.

I have been stress eating and yesterday it came to a head. Potluck Sunday at work and I ate my weight in sugar grams. It was awful. I felt so sick I'm sure my blood glucose level didn't drop below 140 all day long. I ran out of test strips so I was playing the I don't know I dont care game. I am going to get into the doctor and get another prescription for a meter and strips. Today I will eat better. I cant do that to myself.

Gotta run I will try to post more tonight.

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-15-2008 at 05:37 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Feel better Jeni, you need to take care of you too.

W 80 OZ
E OP
E crunches right now, mayve a quick video
D Keep at it!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #3  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Regrouped

Morning gals,

I'm back with a vengeance. Sorry I missed last week and was nearly absent the first of this challenge. The whole time I have been an emotional nightmare. Not my style, but I guess everyone has their moments huh? BF who has always been very attentive and loving has slipped a bit = insecurity = due to my less than trusting reactions about it. Old female friend of his is in contact with him again and its not a threat in a "he's gonna leave me sense" at all its just an adjustment to me to get my mind to stop spinning about him "sharing" with another female. You know how it goes. My G-ma is undergoing chemo and radiation. I miss my DS. The Police Dept is headhunting me to come work for them, in the same City I'm in now, but the change scares me.
Just overwhelmed and underenthused I guess.

One BIG NSV has come out of it for me. I have carried my ghost of an ex-husbands last name for the last 8 years which is 2X as long as I knew him (or thought I did) and 4x as long as we were married. Only kept it because my son at the time, was using his last name too out of his own want for belonging. My son dropped it a month after divorce was final in 2000 and I just figured it would be a pain in the butt to change alllllll my stuff. Well, after much reflection, and a need to flush the wonderful person I am now of my sordid past, I called in sick to work on Tuesday, and hauled my over emotional tush to the court house and went back to my maiden name!!!! Ah sweet freedom!

So, all that said, and sorry for thread hogging, I am back on track today. I actually walked about 1.5 miles twice last week and can't wait to get home tonight to bust it out again. So if I may, I'm jumping back in with my girls!

As much as I want to go back and catch up on your worlds, I need to start right here, right now, in the new thread. I caught a couple of posts from the last thread though so....

Jen - I will keep your family in my prayers. I know how taxing it is to be facing medical issues with loved ones, not to mention yourself.

HolyT - Kinda praying that your man either changes or goes away. You deserve better. You are worth being loved!

MMavis - Mtiger - Jlea -I missed TBL sign ups. You two rock it for all of us okay?

Jelly - extensions... how exciting. Although I love my spunky short hair, I have decided to let it grow again until I hit 150. May be down to my ankles before I get there!

Lumi - Nchelle - and the still missing AUDDIE - Cant wait to catch up.

If I forgot anyone, I apologize. Can't tell you all how much not being here has impacted me. Looking forward to daily check ins again!

WEED for today -
W- 90 oz - yes 90
E- Gonna go pack it. 1600 cal or less
E - Walk tonight 45 minutes - going to buy a dumbbell set too
D - My past is only a very distant accumulation of the things I did previously. It is not who I am. It is not who I'm going to be in future.

Have a great day ladies. Off to update my tickers!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I don't think 10 years worth of marriage is worth walking away from. Strangling him because he drank the baby bottles of wine I bought to cook wiht, that's a different story.

Tonight's my gamenight. I have 2 papers to finish, and stuff to cook beforehand. I'm up early cuz Captain (my golden retriever) came in to lay down in my bedroom. I heard him come in....and decided hey only 4 hours sleep? No problem! So here I am, about to get ready for work. The sooner I get there the sooner I get home. I sooo hate my job but it's paying the bills. Yippee skippee

I'll do personals later...my eyes can hardly stay open, and if I go back to sleep the alarm goes off in 15 mins anyway....may as well get a jump start on the morning....

be back later...
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Oh my little HolyT - I hope you didn't think I meant for you to bail on your hubby. Not at all. Just wishing for you a little reprieve from the liquor monster. I have a step brother who is battling alcoholism and not winning right now. Its a Just keeping ya in my prayers... thats all.

Might as well check in while I'm here. Water is going down. BF's P90X exercise program just arrived at my work and I can't wait to see if it pays off.

Hope all of your Mondays are going smoothly!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

No worries Nixie. i know you ladies mean well That's one of the reasons I don't really enjoy liquor anymore, that and the calorie count. I have enough problems keeping food OUT much less alcohol LOL

I think that tonight I'll try to get some walking in either during the game or afterwards. Ok maybe not. I'll probably pass out from exhaustion.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Weigh in today wasn't as bad as I expected; up 0.6. Whew, what a relief. I guess the exercise paid off this week. I'm WEEDing today, except water. Only had one glass so far today.

D: just bought "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. Feeling the need to focus on the spiritual me.

Will try to check in again tonight, from home.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #8  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi gang! Some weekend, eh?

It is just raining and storming here! Ike in Ohio? In fact last night was so windy, in fact, just windy, no rain, that our power flickered for three hours and even the kids school was cancelled today. Most of my part of town is completely without power. So I'm lucky.

I got my hair done Saturday! It looks so cool! It has highlights and lowlights, all very fall-ish and warm. She cut it in short layers so I still have the length but not all the bulk. I didn't know I had so much hair! Even Mike likes it, he is fussy about hair. (aren't all men?)

The Browns lost this weekend to the Steelers, our nemesis...but we didn't have cable last night to watch it anyways. I heard the scores on my cell phone.

Too much to do, gotta work tonight so should be resting. Love you all!

xxoxooxxoo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

oh boy Nchelle...it really wasn't that eventful of a game. I was disappointed that I even watched Not to say that your team's bad...the game was pretty dull.

I like the little icons beside your title Frighten the Fat Nixie and Jen....where did you find those??

Lunch today is a half a chicken breast (one of the frozen ones from costco cut in half) with a serving of brown rice and like 2 servings of steamed veggies. Pretty dull but it'll do for now.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday ladies!!! Sorry I ended up being MIA the last half of the week. Wednesday i ended up going home early with a backache and acheyness. Thursday I came to work and ended up going to the doctor on my lunch break. I had a severe bladder infection. Just all of a sudden, i had it, i guess. By lunch time i was freezing. When I was leaving the doctors headed back to work, i was wearing a sweater in my car, no air on, windows rolled up and the sun was beating in. It was like 95 degrees outside. Yup...i was that cold. So, i ended up calling in sick on friday because even with meds in me, i was not able to come to work. Still achey and running fever. But by Sunday, i was feeling good. Had the bf's birthday party, then settled down to watch some football. Hate to say it, but i had to watch the Steelers beat poor Nmichelles Browns!! But it was a close game.

I think i might have lost a pound while being sick because i certainly had no appetite the whole time i was sick. And it was down to 144 one morning...but i forgot to weigh this morning. So, going to try to stick to about 1200 calories this week and wait until friday morning to weigh again. Not doing so good on my water today, only one bottle so far, so i have to try to drink water when i go home tonight with dinner.

Okay...well, i better get back to work. Those 2 days i did come to work sick, i didn't accomplish a thing but answering phones and then i was out all day on friday, so...nose back to the grindstone!! lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

oh icky lumi.....I had a kidney/bladder infection that came on like crazy when i was in college before. i couldn't keep a thing down, not water, not juice, not a thing. I ended up fighting it off with OTC pain meds and cranberry juice (broke college student) but boy howdy i was in pain.

I'm having a real hard time staying awake today....I'm going to alert the SWAT team for Auddie.....
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

the SWAT team has been alerted
Old 09-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

HolyT the emoticons if you push the more on you can get the : ___: code

Well they decided afterall to do the angiogram today first at five then they went in at three. We werent there but he seems fine right now although he does have pnemonia. Thanks for the well wishes. Oh and sorry for the spelling im tired. and heading to bed
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hey everyone!! Happy Monday. It still is Monday, right? My days are seeming so long. School is just not settling down. Today my 4th graders went to new rooms and I got 8 new 5th graders. I am teaching straight 5th now. What a hassle. And it's everything I didn't want. Our union is not giving me much hope of getting back to kindergarten. Can you feel how bummed I am? It sucks!!!!

Well I worked out after school with friends. We are planning on W.Th, and Friday also. Friday is weigh-in for our BL competition at school. Fun, fun!!

Nix- Glad to see you back. I was missin' you. You sound commited. Working out and everything. You keep it up girl. I would hate to catch up to you on the scale.

Michelle- Ike made it to Mich. too. What a crappy weekend. I feel like we are floating away here. Thank God it is gone now. Bring on the sun.

Lumi- Hope you're feeling better.

Might not make it here tom. We have meet the teacher night. Plus BL starts tom. Can't miss that.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote