Old 09-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Today is not my day

I WANT SOME CHICKEN FINGERS!! All week I have been dreaming of chicken fingers and French fires from the restaurant down the street. I haven't gotten them because I know I am just cheating myself, but it is really starting to make be a bitter person. I didn't know chicken fingers could make me bitter. I know if I got them, I would not enjoy them. I have eat my lunch for the day and after I did I called my husband at work, like I always do, and he said sorry he didn't answer quickly, he just got pizza sauce on the phone. Is he trying to kill me

Just venting and trying to get my mind off those damn chicken fingers

-Amanda
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Forget the chicken fingers, you will regret it if you give in. You have made a good start, keep it up.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #3  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

ok, i'm probably gonna get yelled at here but here goes. this is not a sprint to the finish line. it is a marathon. a journey for the rest of your life. and if you havent gotten those chicken fingers out of your head in a week, well then your probably not going to. i say get a small order, eat half VERY VERY SLOWLY savor every bite. then throw away the rest. i have learned if i cant get a craving out of my head in 2-3 days then i'm probably not going to. and if i let it go to long it can lead to an ugly binge.
so i say go ahead get your chicken fingers, eat responsibly, enjoy them, and move on. make your next meal a better food choice, and forget about the fingers.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

oh and i have to add this, we went to denny's 3 weeks ago, i got a salad and the buffalo chicken tenders (buffalo chicken tenders = death to the diet!) anyway i ate the salad first and was able to eat only 2 tenders, pawned the others off to my hubby, left completely satisfied AND had success on the scales when i weighed in...........so promise it can be done

maybe pair them with a big salad
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Make your own!!! Cut chicken breasts into strips and shake 'n bake them!! Make fries by cutting potatoes into strips, mix in a bowl with a little olive oil and seasonings, and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 for 20 minutes. A little ketchup, a little plum sauce or whatever, excellent!
Eat them!! Love them!!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #6  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

What's wrong with chicken fingers? I get Jane's pub style chicken nuggets- something like less than 200 cal for 5 (they aren't "diet food" so they are yummy). I even dip them in hot sauce! Or, even better, make your own with some chicken breasts and coating (even shake and bake works). Mmm, how could I live without chicken fingers!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

If it's the particular restaurant's flavour you crave, ask them to oven bake the strips for you, they should be able to do it. It will taste almost the same.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #8  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I say don't deny yourself something you want. Just make room for it in your daily calories. Dieting isn't about deprivation, its about making healthy choices. So chicken fingers are not the healthiest, but if you have them for lunch and eat a salad for dinner you can probably work them in. Just drink tons of water with them, they probably have a lot of salt.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you everyone. I pack my lunch everyday, usually a small thing of soup and some fruit. Normally I am not hungry after this and I would never think of eating more, but this week, mostly today, I feel different. I make my own chicken strips at home (which are great and low calorie), but when your at your desk and the craving comes on again, it sux. The only real thing that stopped me was that I work in a call center and I was on the phone at the time I would have needed to call and order them in time for my lunch time.
I could never throw away food, but I know some co-workers who would love to have them. Also, talking on the forum really helps keep my mind off food. That and my dinner this evening is my own special baked mac & cheese!
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote