South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #1  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Default Starting Phase 2 next week Monday...

I am making my grocery list (I am shopping tomorrow, I only go every 2 weeks. I stop for produce in between only).
What is the safest way to start phase 2? I read the emergency handbook. Sounds like we start slow. So add only 1 piece of fruit everyday day, the same fruit, at the same time, for a week? Is that the only change for week 1 in phase 2? Should I add a starch too?
Thanks,
Jenny

Last edited by Jenskihere; 09-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #2  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I am definitely no expert on this but thought I would share my 2 cents with you! I believe its different for everyone. I KNOW, for ME fruit triggers cravings- so I decided to try ww tortillas first and they didn't seem to affect me. I had one small one a day for almost everyday in the week.I still lost so I decided I would try to add ww pasta in only one day- and BAM. 2lbs. lol. I am sure some was water but I think it also caused cravings and just wasn't a good choice for me. it has since went to the back of the cabinet. I have added some fruit but as others have said as well, it works best for me later in the day. if I have it in the morning I swear I feel hungry all day! I believe what I have learned is its definitely trial and error...

Last edited by rdw1; 09-10-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i would add fruit. berries are recommended. i would have them after dinner with yogurt or ricotta....

well that's what i did. if they make you hungry then you just have one evening to get through.

if you do add a starchy thing try it again at dinner and try sweet potato....
Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Berries are recommended because they're the lowest fruit on the glycemic index (GI).

For more tips on Phase 2, check out the What's your P2 Combo? thread. It's full of tons of wonderful ideas on how to start out.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I added a small amount of berries, and always had them with a protein...if I didn't, they caused a craving.

my favorite was berries on top of plain yogurt with a drizzle of agave nectar and some slivered almonds. The protein in the almonds and yogurt really offset the cravings that the berries would give me.

I still eat it almost every day.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #6  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Thanks for the tips. Laurie, I'll check out that thread!
Closed Thread