Old 09-10-2008, 05:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'7

Default Sleeping troubles-probably insomnia.

So I know that getting a good night's rest is part of the weight loss journey, but it seems like I've developed a nasty case of insomnia. Its now 2:23 am here in Washington and I'm not even tired. This has been going on for about two months now. No matter how early I have to get up in the morning I can't seem to fall asleep before 3 or 4 am. And its seriously not fun having to wake up at 6 am to take people to the dentist's office or to get to class at 7 am.

The only thing not being able to fall asleep early is good for is when out partying I'm usually the last person to fall asleep so I doodle on the others that are knocked out

Usually I will try and get into bed at around ten or eleven and try for HOURS to fall asleep. I've tried reading to fall asleep; I've tried it completely silent and dark; I've tried with relaxing tapes and shows; I've tried spraying my pillow with lavendar spray that is made with essential oil; I've tried not eating or drinking anything right before bed; and I even tried the whole shutting my eyes and not thinking about anything...and the results just make me really frustrated and cranky the next day...I need some help y'all.

Except for sleeping pills, what helps you get to sleep at night?
Lolita Von Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #2  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I used to have a **** of a time falling asleep when I was younger...I used to worry a lot and then I'd start worry about getting to sleep and then around 2am, I'm too tired to worry and I just fall asleep. Things that have helped...watching TV puts me to sleep. I love some type of long winded documentary on the History channel. Sometimes I just get up and walk around the house. And other times, I will make my bed on the living room floor...for some reason, I can fall asleep on the living room floor without even trying but when I'm in bed, it feels like an effort.

Oh yeah, working out an hour before bed helps...workout, take a shower and then I like fall into a coma.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #3  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

Cut out the caffeine after noon. Caffeine stays in your system hours after you consume it so I always give myself the rule that I cannot have Caffeine after noon. Also, I started taking Melatonin and it has definately helped me with sleeping.

Melatonin is a chemical that your brain naturally produces to help you fall asleep and fall into the natural sleep patterns. It is an all natural supplement found it the vitamin/supplement isle. You want to make sure you are taking the synthetic form, never take any meltonin that is from another human or animal. Melatonin helps restore your body's natural internal clock and helps your sleep cycle become more consistent. You will feel the affects of it 30-45 minutes after taking one 3MG tablet. I always make myself relaxed before bed, change my clothes, put the tv on something relaxing and get in bed and just wait for the melatonin to kick in.

Good luck with trying to sleep and hope this helps!
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote