Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #1  

Height: 5,1"

Unhappy Plateau after 2 weeks?!

Hi everyone...I was just wondering if its possible to hit a plateau after almost 2 weeks of being healthy?? I've completely cut out chips, fries, chocolate, fizzy juice, alcohol, and every other food i totally love. I've actually found this surprisingly easy and i'm exercising for 30 mins 5 days a week as well as walking everywhere (usually about and hour a day). What am i doing wrong?
Here's my typical days food 0
Breakfast - Porridge made with skimmed milk and some strawberries.
Snack - Banana
Lunch - Some sort of home made soup, usually lentil or veggie.
Snack - apple
Dinner - Home made veggie chilli or spaghetti bolognese (with brown rice or brown rice nodles...i'm avoiding wheat products!)
I also drink LOTS of water...that's it, just water.

I lost 4 pounds really quickly but my body seems to like this layer of fat too much to let go

PLease help!!

Cat
xx
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:45 AM   #2  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

I'd just make sure you're monitoring your portions, because even though it's all healthy food, it can be high in calories if it's a lot.

Also, soup has quite a bit of sodium. That may be something to monitor.

Weight loss stalling is always tough, I'm sure there is more advice coming!

Goodluck!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I notice that you're only 15 lbs from goal. Sometimes it comes off much slower when you don't have much to lose. Try weighing yourself only once a week to see if you make any progress.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Ok, two weeks of weight loss is good, some weeks you'll lose, others you wont. A plateau is when you dont lose for several weeks, or months, so to me it doesnt sound like you've hit a plateau just yet. I say stick with what you're doing for another 2 weeks, if you say no change, try changing your diet or workout routines and going from there, but I bet you'll have lost another lb or two in the next few weeks if you just hang in there.

Good luck

Last edited by Spoz; 09-10-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5,1"

Thanks guys, i'm new to this diet business and didnt realise a plateau was weeks or months!! Hopefully i'll start to lose again soon
x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote